Barstool 49ers #DropTheUNC

Barstool goal is to through establishment out of whack, we won’t press it hard as Judy stuff but are putting it out there.

I think there is value in just keeping this alive in peoples thoughts and as soon as new leader is he we can go hard to the mat on this issue.

The two biggest outstanding no brainers for the university’s leadership 1.) change the name to the University of Charlotte 2.) pursue a medical school. Leadership should be kindly reminded of these no brainers on a regular basis.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:17, topic:32152”]NA scans the list of directors

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Philip Dubois

LinkedIn

Cuck.[/quote]

Yep. This is why I want Phil to explain why CPCC was mentioned and not “UNCC”.

I can think of several reasons, and none of them are good.

I support the name change wholeheartedly, but like with football there will be a group of people (alumni and students) that do not want this to happen. They like having the “UNC” on their resume and try to associate themselves with Chapel Hill as much as they can. :-[ There are millions of people and thousands of employers that don’t know the difference between Chapel Hill and Charlotte when it shows up on a resume, and some people take advantage of that when interviewing and putting theirs together. We need to get a feel for how many of these folks are out there, because in the end if they are numerous and well pocketed they could be more detrimental to the name change campaign in the long run than CHP is in the short term.

I want people to know and fully understand where I graduated from, and get tired of the constant follow-up questions when I tell people I went to “Charlotte”. "You mean UNC-Charlotte?, they ask. “Yes”, I have to reply. :confused: At least our athletic department got this right 18 years ago.

I have said this on here before, but here it goes again. I haven’t donated any funds to the university itself in 15+ years (and will continue not to), but will pledge $500 right then and at least half of that annually when the name change happens. If other people will do this and we can put together a total on what new donations will total to from the name change, that may help the cause. Money will be the driving factor in the end. Can the name change bring in more net alumni donations? Will it attract more students and more quality students? Those are the type questions the suits will be asking themselves when they consider making the name change.

The next time you have to explain where you went to school, just tell them you went to the university with the famous Belk Tower.

The power of using the right # can grow something quickly. There are fans out there that don’t go to games and you don’t see but are out there in # land.

Let’s change our name to TOU. The Only University!

I had some time at lunch to gather the name change history for all the System schools; kinda fascinating. Poor NC State in the 1960s had a heck of a time with the BOG. See attached PDF (160 KB).

That’s pretty interesting. I have an aunt that graduated from Women’s College before they changed the name to UNC-G, and she has never forgiven them for doing that. I am sure we will face some of those same feelings.

Defeatist attitude in this thread. We got football and we got Judy to retire. Many didn’t think we could get football and many didn’t think we could get Judy to retire.

Now it’s time to become the University of Charlotte. I don’t care who the chancellor is. Let’s start the pressure now! We can make it happen!

#DropTheUNC

[quote=“NovaNiner, post:31, topic:32152”]Defeatist attitude in this thread. We got football and we got Judy to retire. Many didn’t think we could get football and many didn’t think we could get Judy to retire.

Now it’s time to become the University of Charlotte. I don’t care who the chancellor is. Let’s start the pressure now! We can make it happen!

#DropTheUNC[/quote]

clt agrees, let’s go!

#THEUniversityofCharlotte

YES

I see App St is no longer “normal.” :))

#droptheunc is too much unc. I like the #THE u of c though.

How long can hashtags be?

[quote=“NovaNiner, post:31, topic:32152”]Defeatist attitude in this thread. We got football and we got Judy to retire. Many didn’t think we could get football and many didn’t think we could get Judy to retire.

#DropTheUNC[/quote]

I like the spirit. Also important to read the environment.

This sign is momentum if we use it.

clt says that sign needs to go yesterday.

clt went to a top golf like facility today.

clt saw a jabroni wearing UNC CHeat gear. The CHeat v UNCR game was on in the background. Jabroni never looked at the game.

Love dem heels.