Basden for CUSA Player of the Year

enough said after tonight

Big Time Player, Agree he is definitely our most valuable player

Agree totally. Who votes on it? The press? If that’s the case he won’t get it. Not enough pub.

Not enough pub yet. If he plays big against Cincy, Louisville, and Marquette the pub will come.

It’s Garcia’s award to lose right now. He’s been playing huge lately, plus he had all of the preseason hype. A lot of people will vote for Withers over Basden simply because Withers was suppossed to be the Wooden Candidate. I guess it depends on who votes it. If it’s the coaches, I think Basden has a legit shot, if it’s AP or other media, I doubt EBad will get it. He is definitely our best player though, and if we manage to get the CUSA title, he will get alot of attention.

He doenst have the hype to win this award, but I think he has taken Curtis’ spot as 1st team all conf.

He’d have to be a candidate. Don’t forget Deiner and Maxiell. It will probably be Garcia. Depends on how each team ends up doing in the conference.

Hey, Eddie has been our MVP the last couple of years, you guys are just finally catching on.

Nance should start against SLU. Who is with me?

I agree with you PB. Start Nance over Withers next game, and make Withers earn his spot back. If he wants it bad enough he’ll begin to step it up like he should be. He hasn’t played to his potential all year…maybe this will make him realize that and step his game up to the next level.

I could be wrong but I think PB means to start Nance over Iti.

You are correct sir. Curt had a weak game, but Bobby had him bringing the ball up the court too. That is where a lot of his TOs came from.

Iti, on the other hand, needs to sit down. Nance has earned a spot in our starting lineup, keeping him out is just like letting Nash run the point, a good way to kill your season.

If he is not the best SF in CUSA then I’d like to know who is better.

EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE!!!

Fransisco Garcia?

[i]Originally posted by minerniner[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 11:56 PM [b] If he is not the best SF in CUSA then I'd like to know who is better.

EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE!!! [/b]

Heard of Armein Kirkland?

I don’t think Kirk is better than EBad. He’s certainly not a better defender and as for being a collegiate scorer, he’s not much better.

On top of that, Eddie does a lot of the little things.

However, I have only seen Kirkland play one game, and no one on your team looked good against Illinois.

Yep. You can have him.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 12:16 AM [b] I don't think Kirk is better than EBad. He's certainly not a better defender and as for being a collegiate scorer, he's not much better.

On top of that, Eddie does a lot of the little things.

However, I have only seen Kirkland play one game, and no one on your team looked good against Illinois. [/b]

I havent seen Basden play this year so I really cant comment on it. Just wanted to throw in Captain Kirk’s name in there.

Kirk is an integral part of our offense and has developed into quite a player. You will hearing his name a lot this year and the next. We believe that if he can be consistent (which he has been off-late, except today’s game where he was in foul trouble most of the second half) he can be very good (All-American good). He is easily the second best player on our team right now behind Max and was the CUSA player of the week last week.

Basden leads us in assists, steals, rebounds and after tonight it may be points too.

He’s the best player on our team, hands down. Garcia is pretty freakin good, though.

After seeing the condition Powerbait waw in YT Picassos, I can’t believe he can still type.

haha, you drunk