Baseball @ S. Carolina 3/5

Amanda and I are going with Will, so yay.

I saw him the other day in a couple of ABs vrs Clemson on the highlights out of Greenville. He's swinging right now like the ball looks like a beach ball.

Heā€™s on everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzH1pvmqKG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0m3Qk-CMzw&feature=related
:eek:

anyone need a ride or got open spaces inbox me I got 3 seats

Bottom of the 9th, we lead 11-2ā€¦ GO NINERS

Have we just been awesome, or has USC had an off day?.. I knew we were good but damn

they should have mercy rules for games like tonight, Iā€™ve never witnessed such a flogging in Columbia

I would have rather won at USC-Columbia in April during the Tourney.
Why didnā€™t the 49er Club have a road trip to Columbia today like they did for the Clemson B-Ball game? Will there be a road trip to Chapel Hill for the 04/16 baseball game?

I just wanted to congratulate everyone who went to the game. I would have loved to gone but the whole work thing interfered. Bravo, Great Job 11-2 baby.
WE OWN THE LESSER CAROLINA!!!

[QUOTE=49erMatt;301919]I just wanted to congratulate everyone who went to the game. I would have loved to gone but the whole work thing interfered. Bravo, Great Job 11-2 baby.
WE OWN THE LESSER CAROLINA!!![/QUOTE]

WOW!!! Great job team and fans. Thatā€™s a huge win. Way to get it done!!!

Congrats team ! ! ! It looks like the Niners are having a great year in SC.

Chris Taylor Ā© hit a freaking 3 run laser shot over the centerfield backdrop. Not the wall, but the backdrop. You could hear a boiled peanut drop in the stands.

The pitching was phenomenal. Yermal (frosh) came in the 4th or so throwing gas, Andrew Smith (frosh) fooled them for a couple innings with a wicked curve, Sam Pierce just went right at people.

though we scored alot of runs, we won because we shut down their rallies with pitching and defense. USC stranded some runners.

I must say that USC is probably over ranked. I did not see a top 5 team.

Thatā€™s because we made them look bad!! They are a top 5 team, as our we. :smile:

Chris Taylor (C) hit a freaking 3 run laser shot over the centerfield backdrop. Not the wall, but the backdrop. [B]You could hear a boiled peanut drop in the stands[/B].

I wish I had known they had boiled peanutsā€¦ all I saw was teriyaki gamecock.

Seriouslyā€¦ who sells Chinese food at baseball games?

This game made my day, maybe even my week. I listened on yahoo from about the 5th inning on. Iā€™m glad to hear the staff, especially the freshmen, came in and pitched well against such a strong line-up. Thatā€™s promising for this season and the future of the program.

Iā€™m very proud of this team. I was not honestly expecting this kind of a win.

Metro, how was the atmosphere?

Congrats to the team. Iā€™m glad to hear the freshman pitchers held up. Judging by the way Metro had described their offense, holding them to 2 runs has to be great news.

Just returned from Columbia. My observations:

• Our pitching was GREAT. I was pretty skeptical of the pitching-by-committee strategy we employed, but it got the job done. Yermal and Smith REALLY came through.
  • Corey Shaylor is the man. 3-for-4 at the plate, and a couple of awesome plays at 2b.
  • Has Chris Taylorā€™s home run come down yet?
  • James Darnell, Justin Smoak, Phil Disher: 2-for-12. Thatā€™s unreal.
  • We had a pretty vocal contingent there. The USC fans left in pretty large numbers around the 7th (presumably to go to the bball game) so our 40-9ers chant really reverberated around the place.
  • The USC fans did not exhibit anywhere near the level of douchebaggery they did back in June.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;301960]- The USC fans did not exhibit anywhere near the level of douchebaggery they did back in June.[/QUOTE] Does that mean they let the Uh-Huh guy stay in the stadium this time? They tried to have him ejected back in June.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;301961]Does that mean they let the Uh-Huh guy stay in the stadium this time? They tried to have him ejected back in June.[/QUOTE]
He was pretty quiet until the top of the 9th, and then he got going. I actually supported the USC fansā€™ efforts to throw him out back in June; he tap dances on my very last nerve.

I kid, I kid.

ridiculous.
I woke up this morning and said to myself - weā€™re gona get a win today - but I didnt expect this.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;301963]ridiculous.
I woke up this morning and said to myself - weā€™re gona get a win today - but I didnt expect this.[/QUOTE] Are we gonna beat GW in basketball? I want the inside scoop.

Are we gonna beat GW in basketball? I want the inside scoop.

Right now I feel good about it - but I need to sleep on it firstā€¦ :biggrin: