Baseball @ S. Carolina 3/5

11-2 over #3 at their place? I believe that’s called making a statement. GET EM BOYS!!! GO NINERS!!:49ers:

GO NINERS!

[URL=http://www.thestate.com/gamecocks/story/337584.html][COLOR=darkgreen]http://www.thestate.com/gamecocks/story/337584.html[/COLOR][/URL]

Okay not to be a pain because this is a really solid win and i dont care how we do it - but not knowing much about baseball, I would think that 6 pitchers is an awful lot? Anyone care to expand on that?

It is a lot of pitchers, but from reading the article, and just using how USC hit us last time we played, he probably just wanted to have a fresh pitcher in there at all times. You don’t see that approach a lot when you have guys doing a good job, but hey, you can’t argue with that result.

Good quote by the USC coach:
“We knew how good they were, it wasn’t one of those deals where they slipped up on us,” Tanner said. “They outplayed us. They outpitched in some key situations.”

hah nice to get a little respect… rather than “we had a horrible off game…” or “they got lucky” or any of the other stupid quotes ive read this year and others from other coaches in other sports…

Great win, this will finally get us top 25 rankings which we fully deserve.

Excellent. Keep it up!:biggrin:

:49ers:

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;301980]Okay not to be a pain because this is a really solid win and i dont care how we do it - but not knowing much about baseball, I would think that 6 pitchers is an awful lot? Anyone care to expand on that?[/QUOTE]
It’s pitching by committee. A lot of teams do it during the weekday games. Instead of using a starting pitcher, you use a bunch of relievers and no one goes more than 2 or 3 normally. Hagen probably would’ve pitched longer as the starter even though he’s always been a reliever, but he really struggled in the 2nd inning.

A South Carolina grad that I work with has to buy me lunch today :biggrin:

GREAT WIN NINERS!!! :49ers:

It's pitching by committee. A lot of teams do it during the weekday games. Instead of using a starting pitcher, you use a bunch of relievers and no one goes more than 2 or 3 normally. Hagen probably would've pitched longer as the starter even though he's always been a reliever, but he really struggled in the 2nd inning.

yep, and yesterday Hall and Hibbs managed it as well as I’ve ever seen it done. Hall was so pumped he ran out of the dugout with the bases loaded K in the 4th.

I can’t believe there is whining about how we won.

Okay not to be a pain because this is a really solid win and i dont care how we do it - but not knowing much about baseball, I would think that 6 pitchers is an awful lot? Anyone care to expand on that?
I remember back when we played NC State in the NCAA tourney they used like their entire bullpen. I remember at one point around the 6th inning they did something like bring one guy in who threw maybe two pitches and then brought another one in after him. 3 pitchers in one inning.

I only remember this because it was so annoying to see all these guys come in, warm up, then get taken off the field. But we were winning too so it also felt like NC State was squirming. I loved it.

EDIT: After looking at the box score for that game it definitely felt different than it was. NC State only used 5 pitchers. Their starter had 5.1 innings then the rest had 2.1, 0.2, 0.2, 0.0.

I can't believe there is whining about how we won.
Not one person has done that.

Nice! Now time to email some Gamecock co-workers… :biggrin:

It’s not up on the ‘O’ yet???

http://www.charlotte.com/niners/story/523919.html

great photos
[URL]http://www.thestate.com/gamecocks/story/337584.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]“I certainly wouldn’t want to be the team (Duquesne) coming in here this weekend, they are walking right into a hornet’s nest,” Hibbs said.[/QUOTE]
uh-huh

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/niners/story/523919.html[/URL]
"They have some big donkeys over there..."

They do have some big donkeys down there in Columbia. lol

“Double play!” -Carolina fan with 2 outs already.

One of their fans even broke out the old “how’s your football team doing” when we were exchanging smack.

They def weren’t as bad as last time tho. I was actually disappointed. Old ‘Hambone’ wasn’t even there I don’t think. I guess there wasn’t as much riding on this game.

One of their fans even broke out the old "how's your football team doing" when we were exchanging smack.

Team’s with ****ty football teams should NEVER bring up football in an argument.

"They have some big donkeys over there..."

They do have some big donkeys down there in Columbia. lol

“Double play!” -Carolina fan with 2 outs already.

One of their fans even broke out the old “how’s your football team doing” when we were exchanging smack.

They def weren’t as bad as last time tho. I was actually disappointed. Old ‘Hambone’ wasn’t even there I don’t think. I guess there wasn’t as much riding on this game.

I don’t know who it was, but some kid was really obnoxious sitting near me with a Ninernation shirt on. He spoke 10 decibels louder than anyone in some prepubescent voice- making fun of the intro music the whole game and insulting in general to every topic that came to his mind. I’m glad whoever it was came to cheer, but this kid and Uh-huh don’t leave good impressions of what most Niner fans are.

Congrats on the win. That’s a good team you beat. I know my Pirates had a tough time down there to open the season. (got smoked the 1st game, smoked them the second game and lost in extras on the 3rd game)