Baseball Week 10 - at App State; #20 ODU at the Hayes

This is what we threw against them last time. Both teams used 7 pitchers.

The App announcers are calling him Grover…

1 Like

Just laughed when I heard that

I’ve synched up our radio with the video feed. Much more pleasant.

Since when does a hamstring pull require two people to talk you into getting off the gawd damn field. App wimp

Too many wild pitches from Sims tonight. Time to change.

clt says we are clearly more concerned about the odu series.

Reading, like success in life, is probably beyond their reach.

The thing I love abt this team is they just keep coming’ at ya, coming’-at-ya. By arm or by bat…they just keep coming’!

1 Like

We didn’t make it an easy win. I think we need some shoring up of our bullpen a little if we are going to make a deep run. Offense is not a problem. 4 & 5 pitchers a little shaky it seems. Good win though when Happy Appy is swept. Go Niners!

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t mind the hit to our SOS. Slapping Appy is fun.

Boone is so far behind Charlotte that it isn’t even Spring there yet.

4 Likes

Announcers said team batting average up to .366? My wife said they we’re big Niner baseball fans! I love this team. They are fun to watch and playing like super stars. Meanwhile, I can’t watch my Yankees because they are bums who think they are superstars. Niner baseball rules! Now its time for everyone else to get that education. We have had some great teams, but I can’t remember any with hitters like this. Nasty

1 Like

clt provides an appy baseball chat page: :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

.307 team batting avg I see. Maybe I guess you were talking about the in game stats.

I think they were talking about our stats from last weekend or last 5 games.

What an offensive performance from Austin Knight. Led off the scoring with a HR, 3 Run Bomb to give us the lead 7-6, then a 2 run Double for some insurance. Drove in 6 of our 11 runs!!

Good to see Craig back and cranking one out. That was a monster shot he hit. Elwood and Dragum with 3 hits each setting the table.

Whitley came off the bench and drove in 2 and scored 2. Great to see.

I could only handle a few inning listening to the App announcers but they were right, there is no let up in this line-up. Not just 1 through 9, but 1 through 10,11,12 etc.

Groover left the game early, and I hope it is nothing serious. The only thing I saw in the broadcast was the awkward play on a strikeout when he had to make a catch over the runner coming down the line. He was pinch hit for after that.

I thought Sims pitched ok. He helped manufacture some runs for them with the wild pitches. Gave us 4 IP. Starnes looked really good. Giesting was good, just had the 1 walk that got him. Bargo gave up to one big hit but worked through that. Lothes came in, made it interesting with the 2 walks, but closed the door.

2 Likes

.307 is still very impressive for a team average this deep into the season.

I thought Sims should use his fastball more, but I also don’t mind him working to get better with his other pitches. He will need all those pitches coming up.

Hats off for AC Central Starnes for some fantastic pitches.

Our guys are young, but they do not look or play young. We look set to be very dangerous in the regional, and next year, look out !

Man, if my pitcher had a 6-3 lead against theose Niners, I wouldn’t take him out. Chances are, the next pitcher will do worse

Was really frustrated with that non-quality start by Sims, but the bats exploded.

Is this a formula that works though in postseason? Am thinking that we cannot have pitching this inconsistent then, as most of the staffs we will face will look more like ECUs, which dominated us.

Alumnus with one of my favorite shoutbox movie reference pulls of all time as well. My dad and I watched Kelly’s Heroes together a bunch of times when I was a kid. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.