Baseball Week 10 - at App State; #20 ODU at the Hayes

clt says we need to discontinue playing appy in baseball. Davidson has a higher rpi than appy

That was the first thing that popped into my head. “Why you hitting me with all these negative waves?” Donald Sutherland makes that movie.

Your question is valid. Only time will tell, but I’ll say this: when you’re playing a midweek game after a 4 game series, that’s what you’re going to get. Overall, out pitching staff has not been dominant by any means. I think part of that is the stress of 4 games. It’s mainly only us and the AAC using that format. I hope the selection committee considers that when weighing our teams against teams that played the traditional 3 game weekend.

1 Like

I think a post season game would be managed much differently than a mid-week at App State sandwiched in between 2 4 -game conference series.

Overall, I think we certainly need to trim the free bases down a little bit. I think the staff is looking for a few more guys to step up and consistently throw strikes. The leash has been pretty short sometimes when we see guys getting walked. Overall we’ve been making pitches when we need to though.

More Bracket Projections:

Baseball America-

Charlotte 3 seed in Blacksburg Regional
LaTech - Hosting
USM- 2 Seed
ODU - 2 Seed

Tennessee - Hosting
WCU- 3 Seed
ECU - Hosting
UNC-CH - 3 Seed

D1 Baseball:

Charlotte- 2 seed in Columbia Regional
LaTech- Hosting
USM- 2 Seed
ODU- 2 Seed

ECU - Hosting
Tennessee- Hosting
WCU- 3 Seed
UNC-CH - 3 Seed
Morehead St- 4 Seed

Columbia would be do able for a lot of us, depending upon the attendance restrictions.

1 Like

Highlights!!

1 Like

Huge weekend coming up!! I can’t remember being ranked and hosting another ranked team on our campus. It’s probably only happened a handful of times in our athletics history. Probably in men’s soccer a few times.

3 Likes

and in mens basketball…

1 Like

I would like to see Foster on the mound

Great story.

2 Likes

The weather is looking like it will be a factor in this series. Saturday is not looking good.

Is the game on Sunday at 1:00 or 2:00? Schedule on website says 2pm. Just bought tickets. They say 1pm.

1 Like

Just bought tickets as well. Looks like Friday and Sunday doubleheader due to Saturday forecast. Times will probably be adjusted.

3 Likes

The series will consist of a doubleheader on Friday starting at 2pm and a doubleheader Sunday starting at 1pm according to the email.

Both 7 innings or just one day?

Sorry Mr_B, I didn’t read all the fine print in the email. Thanks for keeping us (me) straight!

1 Like

Well, I hope ODU players don’t have early Monday classes :astonished:

Nothing has been announced yet. I’m guessing the Friday games might be 9 and Sunday’s 7 innings?

My understanding is that anytime there is a doubleheader they are always 7 innings each. I could be wrong though…I was wrong once back in 87 so it has happened.