Baseball Week 12- Marshall at the Hayes (CUSA TV)

OK, what did the Marshall catcher take from Jacob Whitley and then hide it from him? Ump had to tell him to give it back.

His sign card. Stealing signs. On an 8 win team.

1 Like

Damn, we are good.

4 Likes

1 Like

The Thundering Turd suck. North Texas has a better program. 8 wins and you’re trying to steal signs.

Shouda trademarked “Thundering Turd”.

1 Like

I think you meant “Blundering Turds.”

1 Like

Does anyone know what the second tiebreaker is in case we finish even with USM, since we didn’t play them?

Highlights

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

1 Like

I think the tie-breaker is division record. We are 19-5 vs the East. USM is 16-6 vs the West.

OK. I see now that, unless we lose a game off the schedule this weekend, we will play one more conference game than them, so there won’t be a tie.

Looking back, I think we had pretty good pitching performances all weekend highlighted by Giesting’s 1st career start.

Giesting in his 1st career start throws a complete game (7 inn) with 11 Ks, allowing 3 runs on 5 hits. This was great to see at this point in the season. He’s going to have some big games for us moving forward with the rest of this season and the following years here. Woodard says that they believe he is one of the best LHP in the country.

McGowan had a good start only allowing 1 ER over 6, and 10 Ks. Unfortunately Marshall scored 3 unearned runs due to a couple of errors to give him a ND, but a positive day for McGowan.

Lindsey had a pretty good day, but had 2 rough innings.

Then on Sunday, we pieced it together very nicely. Starnes got the start after pitching in relief on Saturday for an inning and picking up the Win. He went into the 4th only allowing 2. Turnbull came in and pitched 4 innings of no-hit ball, then handed it over to Marozas to close it out. He did well in his 2 relief appearances on the weekend. This is setting up nicely for the tournament.

The offense stepped up every time we needed some runs all weekend. Great team effort this weekend for the sweep.

2 Likes