Baseball Week 12- Marshall at the Hayes (CUSA TV)

We escape 7-5. 4 errors…we have to be better. That is all.

2 Likes

First time we’ve played sloppy.

Whew! Lucky to win this one. Didn’t play well. Thank you Austin Knight for the HR and Keuchel for the insurance run and Lothes for shutting then down the last 2 innings. Now need to sweep tomorrow.

1 Like

Any idea how the attendance is being handled? I’m watching stadiums start to fill in all over the country, but how many people are actually in the Hayes? Tough to tell via CUSA TV, but it doesn’t look like much.

It’s just a shame we won’t push the envelope and work in 1k fans. With the success of the the team, I’d love nothing more than watching the Niners in loud stadium with a good amount of fans.

3 Likes

clt says niners win game one v marshal

It seems weird that both baseball and softball are hosting Marshall this weekend, and the games are at the same times. At least they got to travel together.

1 Like

Dangit…here we go again. Down 4-0 in the 3rd. No hits…Marshall is 4-21 in conference. They have 7 hits against Lindsey through 3 1/3 innings.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thats more like it. 4-4 through 4.

1 Like

Uggg…we go up 6-4 in the 5th, only to give up 4 runs, with 2 outs on the board in the 6th…Down 8-6 now…this team is going to be the death of me. Boss was not himself. He came in with 2 outs and bases loaded. …tough spot, but this is what he does--------First pitch is wild to score one. Then gives up a 3 run homer, then a 4 pitch walk.

Very frustrating. Pitching definitely let us down there

Niners win!

We escape AGAIN. 10-8 in game 1.

1 Like

FIU defeats LA Tech in game one of their series this afternoon. Not sure if we care if we finish with a better league record than La Tech since I’m not sure how that would affect the tournament pairings.

We care. Ideally we want to be on the other side of the bracket from LT. ODU lost one today as well.

#winning

2 Likes

I sure hope we win tomorrow too. We have gone 3-0 and dropped from 11 to 16 in the RPI due to the SOS hit…imagine the hit if we lose… …Somehow ODU has lost 2 of 3 to UTSA and moved up several spots to 15th.

Niners can clinch the East division tomorrow.

Awesome to have a pre-game graduation ceremony today with Mike Hill and Chancellor Gaber.

2 Likes

UTSA scoring in double digits in each of the three games against ODU. Must be different umps calling balls and strikes than were in Norfolk for us. :eyes:

Digging the Chancellor’s shoes

1 Like

Thanks to all the seniors for all the hours they have put in honing their craft! Niner Nation appreciates all your efforts!

2 Likes