Baseball Week 13- at Rice (CUSA TV)

Boooooo!..I will be glad we get to “host” but this will negate 90% of the home park advantage and also make us seem “small time” as our stadium isn’t up to “snuff”. I recall back when the Hayes was being built in 2007 one of the quoted objectives was so that we could host a regional…guess not.

1 Like

Glad we’re being considered but hope the holes aren’t there because it will be home field advantage for them with the following they have in G-town.

The holes have a lot of fans in Gastonia due to the constant merchandise markdowns at Wally World.

1 Like

I’ll be partying like a rock star in Gaston County if this happens with my new cap. Let’s finish strong and go get it.

2 Likes

I’ll be partying like a rock star too!!! Short drive for the Normbulance too!! Right @NinerWupAss ?

I’d love to be able to host at the Hayes, but with limited (50%) capacity, we might only be able to get a couple of hundred in the stands anyways. With a 5000 seat stadium, we can get many more eyes on this program.

The 20 finalist will be announced Friday morning. Let’s host this year in Gastonia, and figure out how we are going to host it at the Hayes next year and the year after that too.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/_NinerStats/status/1392641574232809473?s=20

6 Likes

Previews:

2 Likes

Boom! 3 weeks to get that ambulance up and running!

3 Likes

It’s worth noting that Charlotte bid to host in Gastonia, N.C., at the FUSE Ballpark there. The ballpark holds anywhere from 4-5K with standing room only included. Clearly, Charlotte would love to host at its home ballpark, but that isn’t in the cards this spring. Charlotte hopes that will be an option sooner rather than later, however.

Man, still no McCabe!!!???

If this actually happens in Gastonia, I feel like we are obligated to make “Gateway to Gastonia” shirts

3 Likes

Not yet. He was out of the boot last week. Coach said he was getting closer so we’ll see. I think we will see him at some point this weekend.

1 Like

Hah that’s an idea.

Need McCade before the tourney

1 Like

We really need to scoop those up, be nice to get green in those seats before the Heels fans or others grab them.

1 Like

This is a great opportunity for our fan base to step up. Would be awesome to have that place sold out before the teams are even announced, or even better if it was sold out before going on sale to the public. Grand Slam Club/49er Club and Honey Hunters season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets.

3 Likes

No CUSA tv?