Baseball Week 14- UNC Wilmington at the Hayes (C-USA TV)

The Niners clinched the East Division and the #1 seed in the C-USA Tournament this past weekend with a split at Rice.

RPI at 22 now with a record of 37-16 overall and 24-8 in Conference USA.

We go out of conference to host UNC Wilmington for 3 games at the Hayes this weekend. UNCW just clinched the South Division in the CAA this past weekend and has a 29-17 record with an 81 RPI. Should be a really good tough test before jumping into the post season. Hopefully a good RPI boost and another line item to add to our hosting resume. They travel to Chapel Hill on Tuesday before head to Charlotte for 3 games.

This series will begin on Thursday and end on Saturday. With our C-USA Tourney starting Wednesday the following week, we may limit some of our starters. Who knows.

Polls:

We moved up to 16 in the Baseball America poll.

Tennessee #5
ECU #10
LaTech #15
CHARLOTTE #16
Old Dominion #20
Southern Miss #22

Any word on if capacity restrictions will be changed/lifted? Would love it if a huge crowd could turn out to thank these guys for a great season.

Would be awesome to #PackTheHayes to show some love to these guys this weekend. I haven’t heard anything yet about seating arrangements being updated.

1 Like

Niners at #22 in the D1Baseball poll.

Tennessee #4
ECU #11
LaTech #14
Southern Miss #19
CHARLOTTE #22

Any word on when McCabe might return to the lineup?

He pinch hit late in the 2nd game on Saturday. I guess if he keeps improving over the week, we may see him DH some this weekend?

24-8 in CUSA, IIRC.

1 Like

That’s right. 25-5 is our home record I was looking at as I typed. Corrected now.

Weekend Standouts

Charlotte : The 49ers (37-16, 24-8) won the Conference USA regular-season title for the first time in program history with a 6-4 victory Saturday. Charlotte was a charter member of CUSA and was a part of the conference from 1995-2005 and returned to the conference in 2014. In between, it won five Atlantic 10 Conference titles, and this is its first conference title since 2013. The 49ers’ clinching victory came a day after the NCAA announced they were on the shortlist to host regionals and Saturday’s clincher only improves their chances for that.

1 Like

Up to #19 in the USA Today Coaches Poll.

Tennessee #4
ECU #11
LaTech #14
Southern miss #17
CHARLOTTE #19
Old Dominion #25

1 Like

I am not sure what Woodard’s contract looks like, but I have to believe he has nailed some of the bonus dollars this year! :moneybag:

2 Likes

Woodard coming up next on 730.

Would be interesting to see what bonuses he’s hit this year. Anyone have access to Woody’s contract?

I missed it-------can anyone provide some tidbits from the interview?

1 Like

FULL CAPACITY AT THE HAYES THIS WEEK!!

Get your tickets and go support these guys!!

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Team.asp?SponsorID=14675#.YKMOy6hKguU

1 Like

Farewell to Bre Richards. She’s was the Athletic Trainer for the team. She is leaving for a new position back home in GA, that is what the coaches told the team. Effective immediately. She did a great job the last 2 years!

Full capacity at the Hayes for the UNCW series. Let’s go! #PackTheHayes

4 Likes