Baseball Week 6- vs App State (Atrium Health Ballpark), at WKU

clt is hearing rumors that appy is trying to sell us unused baseballs to try to raise funds to get the van back up the mountain tonite.

2 Likes

Gino Groover is legit. Really good outings from some pitchers tonight. Didn’t burn the pen before a big four game series. This lineup has the potential to be really good if we can get McCabe and Pilolli back.

2 Likes

Thank you Sluggers for being the keepers of Niner Dignity.

1 Like

Also, good for Hale. He was nasty tonight. He needed a “get right” game

How was the new Kannapolis ballpark? Looked nice on the news. Is it a big difference from the old stadium?

No comparison. The new park is actually somewhere you want to go.

2 Likes

My favorite unis. Love the pinstripes.

2 Likes

Great game. Our starter was shaky at first but settled down and really pitched well. Bullpen had too many walks. Offense good all around.
Great ballpark to watch a game.

1 Like

The Ballpark is really nice!! It is very similar to the Knights Ballpark Uptown except it is a little smaller. Not a bad seat in the whole ballpark, and you can walk around the entire concourse and still see the game. Lots of good spots to set up in the OF and watch the game (grass hill, RF bar area, CF picnic tables).

1 Like

clt says the appys are crying that they were missing players…hahaha

1 Like

Mr B says that the Appys were missing everything.

I am so happy knowing that every time I walk into that Ballpark for the rest of my life, I will have a big smile on my face because I will think about how the Niners opened up the place by beating the :poop: out of App State.

1 Like

Who wants to tell them that we were missing one of the best power hitters/first basemen in the country and a freshman All-American in the outfield?

2 Likes

Speaking of #BigMaple, McCabe was named top 30 First Baseman in D1 Baseball’s Power Rankings.

Just like Halton!

1 Like

Well we were missing our two best hitters and threw a guy with an ERA over 15 heading into the game. I’m not sure missing players had anything to do with that result.

Scores of Interest 3/23:

App St 5
CHARLOTTE 15

NC State 5
:baseball: UNCW 3

:baseball: UNCG 2
Duke 5

Southern Miss 5
Alabama 4

:baseball: Wake Forest 4
Elon 2

Stetson 6
:baseball: FIU 3

Miami 14
:baseball: FAU 9

ULM 7
LaTech 9

:baseball: WKU 6
Louisville 13

West Virginia 1
:baseball: Marshall 7

:baseball: ECU 1
:baseball: UNC-CH 8

Eastern Kentucky 5
:baseball: Tennessee 13

:baseball: Rice 2
Texas A&M 1

Samford 5
UAB 1

:baseball: ODU 5
VCU 3

I missed my daughter’s first softball game of the season for this game. My wife sent me a text they were down 9-0 after one inning; that they were playing a very good team. Soon after, we scored 9 runs in a 45 minute inning. I take it we are a very a good team, or App is a very bad team. I think we have some great hitters and our infielders made routine plays routinely. Whereas, App, I cannot say the same. Congratulations Butcher the Bomber. Also, nice starting pitching performance from young’n Hale Sims after a shaky first inning- most could not hit his fastball after he warmed up. 1 hit, no runs in 4 innings, and could have probably went at least 6 innings. Good coaching to get some inexperienced pitchers involved, where most showed some improvement.

1 Like

Those are pretty freaking great.

1 Like