Baseball Week 9 - at UNC-Chapel Hill (postponed), UTSA at the Hayes

Charlotte is 22-9 and 11-1 in C-USA. RPI is now at 22.

The Niners will travel to Chapel Hill on Tuesday for a midweek game vs the Tarheels. I can’t find TV for the game, but it will be broadcast on ESPN 730.

The Tarheels are 16-13 and are wrapping up their weekend series with Duke tonight. Looking at common opponents, they split mid week games with ECU this season.

We will then return home to host UTSA this weekend at the Hayes for 4 games. They are 14-12 overall and 6-5 in C-USA. The series will be on CUSA TV.

Polls

D1 Baseball:

Tennessee 5
ECU 9
LaTech 14
CHARLOTTE 21
ODU 22

Baseball America:

Tennessee 5
ECU 8
LaTech 16

USA Today Coaches Poll:

Tennessee 3
ECU 8
LaTech 15
ODU 22

RV CHARLOTTE 27
RV Southern Miss 31

Game in Chapel Hill has been postponed.

Good decision.

I’m fine with it. These 4 game weekends are brutal. Save the arms. Let the guys rest up and get healthy for the weekend.

1 Like

There is plenty of logic in it, but I hate letting CHeat skip out. Chickens.

I hope we get a chance later this season to kick that ass.

If we continue to play well, we might get a 2 seed in a regional with Cheat as a 3. Though they would never admit it, the selection committee would love to have that matchup. Long way to go, though. Would likely be at ECU or South Carolina.

1 Like
4 Likes
Rk. School Conference Record Pvs.
4. Tennessee SEC 27-6 4
6. East Carolina American Athletic 26-5 8
13. Louisiana Tech Conference USA 24-7 20
t22. Old Dominion Conference USA 24-6 29
28. Charlotte Conference USA 22-9 RV
1 Like
1 Like

Flight back home got canceled, bus broke down, but the Niners finally made it back to Charlotte on Monday with 4 more road wins.

3 Likes

Niners up to 21st in the RPI. One spot better than USM.

1 Like

I love the way Yarbro listed all the good teams we have played and had to include App. They’re 13-15, Mark.

3 Likes

This week’s projections are coming out. BA has us as a 3 seed in the Columbia Regional again. 4 CUSA teams are in.

La Tech- 1 seed
ODU 2 - seed
USM 2 - seed
Charlotte- 3 seed

This ODU megaseries is gonna determine our entire season, isn’t it?

At this point, anything less than 8-0 against ODU is a disappointment right?

I won’t be too hard on them, I’ll accept 7-1.

NN.N be like:

8-0 - “LFG!!! Why can’t I get a hat at the bookstore so I can rep these boys?!?!?”

7-1 - “I feel like we missed a big opportunity.”

6-2 or worse - “Pulled a Niner.”

(I know you’re joking, cibik. I am too…sort of.)

3 Likes

Shocked College Sports GIF by College Colors Day

I don’t know if will determine our season, but it will most likely determine who wins the East Division in C-USA. Outside of playing each other, we have UTSA, at Rice, Marshall left and they have Rice, at UTSA, and WKU left.

https://twitter.com/CUSABaseball/status/1381445774760931330?s=20

1 Like

So weird seeing Rice baseball in the toilet. I know very little about CUSA baseball but I knew they were good every year.