Baseball Week 9 - at UNC-Chapel Hill (postponed), UTSA at the Hayes

BIG Time!!

3 Likes

Yep. They would always play a really tough early season schedule and get hammered, but then turn it on come conference play and make a run. That hasn’t been the case this year.

The Golden Spike!

2 Likes

As “BIG Time” as it gets in college baseball and well deserved. He’s a joy to watch play.

1 Like

This is interesting. Knights have games scheduled at Truist during the Regionals, but Kannapolis is on the road that weekend.

EDIT: sounds like there are some other events going on in Kannapolis the Regionals weekend. We are bidding to host a Regional at the Hayes!! It felt really good to type that out!!

2 Likes

play the game

I like the willingness to be aggressive and go after it. If you don’t ask, you won’t receive.

In general, it’s time to try and get more events on campus. The new hotel only helps with that. Get the facilities upgraded (across the board) and we’re ready to go…

2 Likes

Fix the logo and the name and this tweet would be perfect:

2 Likes

Glad we are in a position to put in a bid to host a Regional. It’s nice to have the support from the Athletic Department to go after something like this.

The NCAA is doing things a little different this year with Regional hosts. Bids were due April 12, and the host sites will be announced the week of May 10. There’s 2 weeks left in the regular season at that point and still Conference Tournaments left to play.

Here’s a good article:

2 Likes

I mentioned this possibility a few days ago on one of the other baseball threads. I am glad we had the foresight to put in for this. Shows some confidence!

Game Notes:

In case you need some pregame material:

3 Likes

I’m a Bounce + dryer ironing guy but other than that great stuff.

The more you know, right? :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

Victory! Good guys take game one 6-2.

4 Likes

We jump to #19 in the RPI after the win tonight.

Mike Hill doing his research into temporary seating for our home regional.

1 Like