Baseball Week 9 - at UNC-Chapel Hill (postponed), UTSA at the Hayes

Tonight too, we had a walk and back to back errors early in the game. It would have been easy to let things snowball but not with a team this mentally tough. Niner baseball has been a bright spot in a lousy year, it is fun to watch them play.

2 Likes

Losing a game is gonna suck

This winning thing is kinda addictive.

1 Like

Not only got the W but Giesting, Boss, and Lothes all had low pitch counts. Marozas has the ball in game one tomorrow and they have been working on upping his pitch count. If he could go 6-7 in game one, that opens up a lot of options.

3 Likes

They had bases loaded and no one out and McGowan limited them to only 1 run.

This was tweeted out today and very relevant to tonight’s game. Bryce is top 10 in the country in Batting Average Against w/ Runners in Scoring Position.

5 Likes
5 Likes

We stole another one late. Niners win 11-10!!!

2 Likes

A never say die team and what a game winning shot by Groover!

1 Like

Now a two game lead over ODU, who were crushed 11-2 in their second game today.

1 Like
1 Like

All this winning is difficult to process. Ive been a beaten dog of a fan for the better part of 16 years.

d&d wtf GIF by Hyper RPG

3 Likes

If Russell Crowe asked me if I was entertained today, I would have to say yes. Once again fought and battled back time and time again.

2 Likes

11 straight wins and have won 16 of last 17 games. That’s a pretty ridiculous 17 game record.

Our SOS is taking a hit though. 4-7 against the top 50 Rpi doesn’t look great. Hopefully the wins will just keep coming when playing better competition. The ODU series will help but if we sweep them then they may fall out of the top 50.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see RPI.

Seventeen

ODU drops to 35

1 Like

Anyone know what the format for the baseball conference tournament will be? I’m assuming double elimination with the top eight making the field.

Yep. That’s the format. Only difference this year is that they are taking top 3 from East division, Top 3 from West division, then 2 teams with the best records of those that are left. Not sure how the seeding will go.

1 Like

SOS actually went up 2 spots today. From 40 to 38.

1 Like

What’s your link? I must be looking at something different.

Warren Nolan