Basketball Game Music

We need to go back to Sandman by Metalica. It rocked the house about ten years ago. Also the pep band has gotten much better but they still need more COWBELL!

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;348598]Very easily, yes. As long as it’s realistic (the song choice I mean).

We seriously have THE coolest band director you’ll ever encounter.[/QUOTE]

so is KINTO a realistic song choice?

Yes, very much so.

Even if you didn’t get the music, you could still prob. get Shaggy and JFelt to work it up for you as a 30-second piece…all it would take is for them to learn it, one of the new drummers to learn it, and Cory to OK it.

Though it WOULD sound phenomenal as a full-band arrangement.

Hells Bells by AC/DC

Going back to a pep band standard from years ago, but still a piece that got the crowd going: TUSK, by Fleetwood Mac. Sounds great with heavy bass line, drums and brass.

Also , I went to a USC football game recently, and their band played some of the music from Pirates of the Caribbean that was very good.

We need to go back to Sandman by Metalica. It rocked the house about ten years ago. Also the pep band has gotten much better but they still need more COWBELL!

QFT!!

[QUOTE=77grad;348633]
Going back to a pep band standard from years ago, but still a piece that got the crowd going: TUSK, by Fleetwood Mac. [/QUOTE]

Just hang tight…

Also , I went to a USC football game recently, and their band played some of the music from Pirates of the Caribbean that was very good.[/quote]

They play that when their punt returner “Captain Munderlend (spelling)” comes out since his first name is “Captain” arrrrrrrrrrrrr

but you are correct in that it does sound cool

What about the Batman Dark Knight movie theme? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4hB81vwk2I

That would be kind of cool to have the team come out to or put in some where? maybe start of second half…

Flobots- Handlebars…"i can dunk a ball with no hand.lebars, no hand.lebars, no hand.lebars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMEhescEBaE

a stretch but funny

The SECOND I hear that terrible Handlbars song, I’m cancelling my 4 FSL’s and boycotting basketball games.

…ok maybe that’s a little rash. But I’ll damn sure pout about it.

[quote=49erDrummer;348672]The SECOND I hear that terrible Handlbars song, I’m cancelling my 4 FSL’s and boycotting basketball games.

hahahaha

BUMP!

Got some suggestions in the works…

Btw LEW, our director said that donated music is not only a possibilty, it is a PROBABILITY.

The SECOND I hear that terrible Handlbars song, I'm cancelling my 4 FSL's and boycotting basketball games.

…ok maybe that’s a little rash. But I’ll damn sure pout about it.

I like that song.

Never stop playing Soulfinger.

Immigrant song by zeppelin with the horns representing the the screams at the beginning.

hotness.

In no particular order:

Thriller, Bohemian Rhapsody, SignedSealedDelivered, Livin On a Prayer, Life is a Highway, BackinBlack (given the color of our new court), EnterSandman, Themes to MI, LOTR, PiratesoftheCarribean, Batman?, Ghostbusters, etc.

Theme song to The Office would be short and fun… I don’t watch much TV but I’m sure there are others that would work here too.

Anything by Zeppelin :slight_smile:

What about throwing in the ABC MNF theme, NFLonFox theme, and/or the NBC SunNightFootball theme as a shoutout to niner football? that would be pretty badass me thinks.

In no particular order:

Thriller, Bohemian Rhapsody, SignedSealedDelivered, Livin On a Prayer, Life is a Highway, BackinBlack (given the color of our new court), EnterSandman, Themes to MI, LOTR, PiratesoftheCarribean, Batman?, Ghostbusters, etc.

Theme song to The Office would be short and fun… I don’t watch much TV but I’m sure there are others that would work here too.

Anything by Zeppelin :slight_smile:

What about throwing in the ABC MNF theme, NFLonFox theme, and/or the NBC SunNightFootball theme as a shoutout to niner football? that would be pretty badass me thinks.

All of those things sound extremely expensive.

Going back to a pep band standard from years ago, but still a piece that got the crowd going: TUSK, by Fleetwood Mac. Sounds great with heavy bass line, drums and brass.
Excellent choice, and I've got it on [B]Vinyl[/B] if anyone wants to hear what it sounds like. :shades: I've heard at least one other college band play this, and it sounds great when done correctly.

It’s ideal for the pre-tipoff music if played continuously until the actual tipoff.

I feel like some people on here are pep band insiders based on what I’m seeing suggested…

Excellent choice, and I've got it on [B]Vinyl[/B] if anyone wants to hear what it sounds like. :shades: I've heard at least one other college band play this, and it sounds great when done correctly.

It’s ideal for the pre-tipoff music if played continuously until the actual tipoff.

Back when I was in school they actually played the drum part past the tipoff, and only stopped playing it when the other team scored their first bucket. Not allowed now, but that was cool, especially a few times when it was 2 or 3 minutes into the game before they scored. The crowd was going crazy by that time.

I thought “Call Me Al” was our fight song…

[QUOTE=77grad;350983]Back when I was in school they actually played the drum part past the tipoff, and only stopped playing it when the other team scored their first bucket. Not allowed now, but that was cool, especially a few times when it was 2 or 3 minutes into the game before they scored. The crowd was going crazy by that time.[/QUOTE]
Those were some great times, beating the drums even during free throws. Something else the NCAA ruined.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;350984]I thought “Call Me Al” was our fight song…[/QUOTE]
I’d agree, especially at some of the times it’s been played in the past. Our fight song is played less at a game than at any other school in the country.