Basketball Madness - Live on Niner Network All Access

For fans who can not make it to Halton Arena to view the event in person, live video streaming of the celebration will be available through the Niner Network All-Access package at www.charlotte49ers.com. The live video will include player and coaches interviews and preseason analysis to complement the event coverage.

Niner Network All-Access is excellent. Much better than Yahoo.

I can’t tell whether Madness is free or part of the paid subscription. I know yearly subscription $79.99 will get all home games for pretty much all sports…AND ALL A-10 ROAD BASKETBALL GAMES since all A-10 teams are part of CBS College sports All Access.

How many years has this service been available? Any critques?

I’ve used yahoo the past four years and it sucks. Limited games and sometimes they just cancel them. For $5 a month for six months versus 80 for season.

Probably get about 13 games on yahoo. How many do you think on CBS? Do they broadcast A10 tourney too?

watched some A-10 games on there last year when it was still run by cstv. It was pretty good video quality, although obviously not like watching a television broadcast. I had very few instances where it cut out and I had to reload.

[QUOTE=LiberalAtheistNiner;352096]How many years has this service been available? Any critques?

I’ve used yahoo the past four years and it sucks. Limited games and sometimes they just cancel them. For $5 a month for six months versus 80 for season.

Probably get about 13 games on yahoo. How many do you think on CBS? Do they broadcast A10 tourney too?[/QUOTE]

The All Access interface is great…check it out. CBS College Sports replaced Yahoo this year as the online provider for Athletics. Most of the A-10 teams used it last year. I had been registered for the free account but just went ahead and paid the $79.99 yearly subscription. I just watched parts of several archived soccer games. Loads right up and starts playing. They have commentators so it’s not just dead-air.

All Men’s and women’s home basketball games will be shown as well as all of our A-10 road games. I’m pretty sure that includes the A-10 tournament.

Madness is a pay event.

Anyone know if Lutz Live will be carried?

Can you pay per month instead of yearly? So, are you saying Yahoo will no longer offer games?

[QUOTE=allie49er;352504]Can you pay per month instead of yearly? So, are you saying Yahoo will no longer offer games?[/QUOTE]

You can pay monthly. $9.95 a month or $79.95 for the year. Yahoo will no longer offer games, we have moved to CSTV.

Here’s the press release on it from Aug 4th:

[B]Niner Network All-Access Available at Charlotte49ers.com[/B]

[URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/080408aaa.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/080408aaa.html[/URL]

I’ll go ahead and post the info below to make it easier. Maybe Jim could do a blog on it to get the word out since apparently many aren’t aware of it.

Subscription Package Allows Access to Live Game Broadcasts, Interviews, Features

Aug. 4, 2008

Charlotte, N.C. – Niner Network All-Access, the Charlotte 49ers internet multimedia platform featuring live game broadcasts, exclusive behind-the-scenes video, “Classic” game broadcasts, game highlights, original programming and coaches’ interviews and press conferences, is now available at www.charlotte49ers.com

[B]MONTHLY: [/B]A monthly, renewable package is available for $9.95 each month. You basically get all home games (All sports).

[B]YEARLY:[/B] An annual package that has a savings of $50, is available for $79.95. The annual package includes not only all of the above content and games, but also streaming video of select CBS College Sports broadcasts of 49ers athletics. Those games will only be available to monthly subscribers on a pay-per-view basis. To get the CBS College Sports streams of selected 49ers games for no additional cost, you must be an annual subscriber.

[B]Annual subscribers will have access to any and all games that are streamed. In addition, through the CBS College Sports network and a cooperative agreement within the Atlantic 10, annual subscribers will have access to 49ers’ Atlantic 10 road games that are streamed on-line by the host institution. [/B]

All A-10 teams are signed up with CSTV and stream home games.

The annual package includes not only all of the above content and games, but also streaming video of select CBS College Sports broadcasts of 49ers athletics.

So exactly what more am I getting if I sign up for the annual package? Will the annual package allow me to watch all A10 games, or just ones that we are playing in?

From the register page:

Niner Network All Access Yearly

Pitt games streamed live including men’s/ women’s
basketball and baseball and softball. Plus highlights, press conferences, coach’s shows and more!

:huh:

Well, I signed up and I was rather impressed with the coverage tonight. 2 commentators, multiple camera angles, niner promo pieces during breaks, scores/stats displayed onscreen, interviews with coaches and players when other activities were going on in the arena. Miles ahead of the yahoo coverage we’ve had the last couple of years. Definitely worth $10 per month.

Exhibition game will we broadcasted for those who can’t attend OR want to watch it again archived.

Niner Network All-Access Available at Charlotte49ers.com

Info on All Access: [URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/080408aaa.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/080408aaa.html[/URL]

Subscription Package Allows Access to Live Game Broadcasts, Interviews, Features

my brother tells me the games at home are going to be done using multiple cameras, scoreboard titler bars at the bottom, video commercial breaks and everything. should be just like tv.

i’ll be watching tonight just to see what the deal is…

[QUOTE=yea yea;357361]my brother tells me the games at home are going to be done using multiple cameras, scoreboard titler bars at the bottom, video commercial breaks and everything. should be just like tv.

i’ll be watching tonight just to see what the deal is…[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad to see they are putting more into video production.

Does the monthly subscription get all of the sames games (all road games) as the annual subscription?

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;357377]Does the monthly subscription get all of the sames games (all road games) as the annual subscription?[/QUOTE]

From my (very limited) understanding, the only difference between the monthly and the annual is the cost. Annual is cheaper over 12 mths but not worth it if you’re only gonna use it for bball season.

From my (very limited) understanding, the only difference between the monthly and the annual is the cost. Annual is cheaper over 12 mths but not worth it if you're only gonna use it for bball season.

That is what I was thinking too, but somewhere I saw some text that made it seem like if you didn’t have the annual package the A10 road games were only available on a pay per view basis.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;357400]That is what I was thinking too, but somewhere I saw some text that made it seem like if you didn’t have the annual package the A10 road games were only available on a pay per view basis.[/QUOTE]

It’s in this thread but here’s the difference again - basically you get all A-10 games (home and away) with the Annual.

Source: [URL=http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/080408aaa.html]http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/080408aaa.html[/URL]

MONTHLY: A monthly, renewable package is available for $9.95 each month. You basically get all home games (All sports).

YEARLY: An annual package that has a savings of $50, is available for $79.95. The annual package includes not only all of the above content and games, but also streaming video of select CBS College Sports broadcasts of 49ers athletics. Those games will only be available to monthly subscribers on a pay-per-view basis. To get the CBS College Sports streams of selected 49ers games for no additional cost, you must be an annual subscriber.

[B]Annual subscribers will have access to any and all games that are streamed. In addition, through the CBS College Sports network and a cooperative agreement within the Atlantic 10, annual subscribers will have access to 49ers’ Atlantic 10 road games that are streamed on-line by the host institution. [/B]

MONTHLY: A monthly, renewable package is available for $9.95 each month. You basically get all home games (All sports).

Any idea what the price for pay per view (road) games will be?

Sorry to steer you wrong 2002, that really stinks.

It's in this thread but here's the difference again - basically you get all A-10 games (home and away) with the Annual.

Source: http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/genrel/080408aaa.html

YEARLY: An annual package that has a savings of $50, is available for $79.95. The annual package includes not only all of the above content and games, but also streaming video of select CBS College Sports broadcasts of 49ers athletics. Those games will only be available to monthly subscribers on a pay-per-view basis. To get the CBS College Sports streams of selected 49ers games for no additional cost, you must be an annual subscriber.

Annual subscribers will have access to any and all games that are streamed. In addition, through the CBS College Sports network and a cooperative agreement within the Atlantic 10, annual subscribers will have access to 49ers’ Atlantic 10 road games that are streamed on-line by the host institution.

I just signed up for the annual service, but are we SURE that we will be able to WATCH all of the A10 road games? I only ask because when you look at the “event” schedule it only gives the “listen to” option for all those road games. I assume it only shows like that since we would have to go to the other teams webpage and watch from there. Am I right or not?