beasley

Mild earth tremors in Kansas perhaps?

[QUOTE]In fact, Beasley has seemed to go back-and-forth on his decision to fulfill his commitment to the Wildcats.

In Saturday’s Memphis Commercial Appeal, Beasley was quoted saying that wants out of his national letter of intent to K-State and that he wants to weigh his options again, while still leaving the Cats as a possible destination.

“I hope that they let me leave,” he said. “I haven’t brought it to their attention yet, but hopefully I can get a release. I’m not saying I’m not going to end up at Kansas State. It’s just I don’t want to go there and there be a coach I’m not getting along with, you know? Or I don’t fit his style of play. That’s not saying I’m not going to Kansas State. It’s just opening up my options.”

But during the Nike Hoop Summit game Saturday afternoon in Memphis, Beasley told a Fox Sports reporter that he would be going to K-State after all.
However, he did say he would like to visit with Martin.

Beasley told the Commercial Appeal that he might have interest in the Memphis Tigers, Texas, or even joining Huggins at West Virginia.[/QUOTE]
[URL=http://www.themercury.com/k-statesports/article.aspx?articleId=de91742d3fe74e8cb3599edab36727ab][B]KSU hires Martin, class uncertain[/B][/URL], Manhattan Mercury

KSU could lose nation’s No. 1 class

Sutton, who said he was contacted by N.C. State's Sidney Lowe Thursday, said he would have never even considered K-State had Hill not been here — whether Huggins was at K-State or not.

Is it not a recruiting violation to contact a recruit who has already signed with another school?

In theory, yes. The National Letter of Intent (NLI) is a voluntary program
administered by the Collegiate Commissioners Association, not by the NCAA.

[QUOTE][B]Am I required to sign a National Letter of Intent?[/B]
No. You are not required to sign a National Letter of Intent but many student-athletes sign a National Letter of Intent because they want to create certainty in the recruiting process. Specifically, by signing a National Letter of Intent, you agree to attend the institution for one year in exchange for the institution’s promise, in writing, to provide you athletics financial aid for the entire academic year. Simply, by signing a National Letter of Intent you are given an award including athletics aid for the upcoming academic year provided you are admitted to the institution and you are eligible for athletics aid under NCAA rules. [B][COLOR=Blue]Furthermore, by signing a National Letter of Intent you effectively end the recruiting process. Once you sign a National Letter of Intent, a recruiting ban goes into effect and you may no longer be recruited by any other National Letter of Intent school.[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Once I sign a National Letter of Intent may I be recruited by other institutions?[/B]
[B][COLOR=blue]Once you sign a National Letter of Intent, all other participating conferences and institutions are obligated to cease recruiting you. Accordingly, you have an obligation to notify any recruiter from a National Letter of Intent institution of the fact you have signed a National Letter of Intent.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
Link: [URL=http://www.national-letter.org][B]http://www.national-letter.org[/B][/URL]

“It makes my job a lot easier when you have a class person like Dalonte Hill working with you.”

Quote from the KSU AD in one of those articles. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

[QUOTE=4t9er;230523]“It makes my job a lot easier when you have a class person like Dalonte Hill working with you.”

Quote from the KSU AD in one of those articles. I think I just threw up in my mouth.[/QUOTE]
Wow, drug use has filtered into the AD office evidentally… :sad:

What a freakin mess for this kid. Granted, he and Dalonte played us, but overall, he is just a kid and trying to figure out his best path to the NBA. I can’t imagine that KSU will release him after all they went through to get him… but then again, if they can avoid having egg all over their face, maybe they will. What a crazy story… dude may be better off “floundering around” for another year, waiting until he is 19, then jumping to the NBA. (or is the NBA rule that they have to play one year of college ball and be 19?)

I am amazed at the relationship that he and Dalonte have. Sure, DH may have been a mentor for the kid and all that stuff, but I would think that Beasly would only stick with him as long as the sitution is “high profile enough”… I mean, c’mon… the only reason Beasely followed DH to Mahhattan-freakin-Kansas is because of Huggy… now that KSU has fallen from the limelight (or will be) with Huggie no longer the high profile coach, I’ve gotta think that Beasley will want to move on - with or without DH… that “ticket” is only good for so long.

How’s this for a story… the assistant coach at NC State who got arrested last week is dismissed from the staff since that incident reflected poorly on the program, Sidney Lowe offers that coaching position to Dalonte (along with a closet full of Red, pimp daddy blazers) , Beasley follows Dalonte to NC State, and Ma Beasley gets a house in Cary… (not that that would reflect any less poorly on the Wolfpack program???)

They all like Dalonte because he is a young guy they can relate to. He is 27 years old and they can hang out with him like he is one of their boys. Look out in the future though. Dalonte may take a wrong step and get too close with these players and end up making headlines. Huggy was down with shady behavior.

I think the Delonte situation is pretty simple. He is using kids to fast track his career. Is he the first person to do this, of course not, and he wont be the last. But like someone said in another post, Lutz most likely hired Hill for Beasley to begin with. Hill has used Beasley to land himself an Associate head coaching job in the Big XII at age 27, with basically no coaching credentials at all. In doing so, he sold out his alma matter and burned a few bridges. Its a good way to get ahead in life alot faster than actually working for it. Usually when you take that path, it will catch up with you, and I suspect it will catch up with Delonte eventually. But hey maybe not. The really sad aspect of all of this in my opinion is the athletic program at KSU. What a total bunch of desperate losers. Promoting Martin and Hill already has people laughing at them around the country, and after next year when Beasley and Walker bolt things will get even worse. I’ll be impressed if they make the NCAA tourney next year, even if all their commitments stay.

He’ll be at Memphis or in europe next year.

[QUOTE=4t9er;230581] Promoting Martin and Hill already has people laughing at them around the country, and after next year when Beasley and Walker bolt things will get even worse. I’ll be impressed if they make the NCAA tourney next year, even if all their commitments stay.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dalonte becomes Beasley’s “manager” once Beasley bolts for the NBA.

He'll be at Memphis or in europe next year.

Birds of a feather. Calipari is absolutely the Italian version of Huggins.

Lutz most likely hired Hill for Beasley to begin with.

I agree with alot of your post, but the above sentence is ludicrous. Maybe you didn’t read the rest of the posts in the other thread on the subject. How old was Beasley when Hill was hired? How old was Beasley when Hill was taken back after his other meal ticket didn’t work out? Lutz shows alot of loyalty to people. Hill might have been hired because of his connections, but I don’t think he would be hired for a recruit so many years before attending college.

Hill has used Beasley to land himself an Associate head coaching job in the Big XII at age 27, with basically no coaching credentials at all. In doing so, he sold out his alma matter and burned a few bridges. Its a good way to get ahead in life alot faster than actually working for it. Usually when you take that path, it will catch up with you, and I suspect it will catch up with Delonte eventually.

Yep. He’s tried it before (riding someone else to further himself). So it makes sense he would do it again.

But hey maybe not. The really sad aspect of all of this in my opinion is the athletic program at KSU. What a total bunch of desperate losers. Promoting Martin and Hill already has people laughing at them around the country, and after next year when Beasley and Walker bolt things will get even worse. I'll be impressed if they make the NCAA tourney next year, even if all their commitments stay.

Agreed. Promoting assistants hoping to keep the recruiting class that will stay for one year? RETATARTATARTED!!! There is no promise they are coming. If not, there is no experience to shape other players.

If the recruits come, most of the players coming in need discipline. The team could be a walking highlight reel, but the defense will BLOW! People complain about our lack of defense. I bet they will be a circus sideshow. KU, Texas, OU, and OSU will make them look silly on defense. And there is no pipe to bring in more recruits. This class is it.

I feel sorry for the fans at KSU. Some of them were idiotic, but no fan should be forced to watch the AD flush a sport down the drain in hopes of one winning season.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;230589]Birds of a feather. Calipari is absolutely the Italian version of Huggins.[/QUOTE]

no DUI yet.

no DUI yet.

Calimari still has most of his hair, too. Although I wish Chaney could get his hands on it.

Huggins has the combover (or comb some way) in full effect.

Kansas State introduces Martin as men’s basketball coach
Eds: ADDS quotes, details.
By DOUG TUCKER

[FONT=PoynterGothicText-Light][SIZE=2]Associated Press [/SIZE][/FONT]MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) - Frank Martin was introduced as the successor to Bob Huggins on Monday, a move that Kansas State hopes will bring a quick end to an embarrassing situation.

“As we stepped back for roughly 24 hours to look at all the options [FONT=Symbol]¼[/FONT]
we felt like the best decision for us and the one that made the most sense was to make Frank Martin our head basketball coach,” said athletic director Tim Weiser.
An assistant to Huggins, Martin was handed the job after Huggins abruptly quit after last week to take the coaching job at his alma mater, West Virginia.
Assistant coach Dalonte Hill, 27, was promoted to associate head coach. Both hires were believed aimed at keeping intact what some scouting services have labeled as the No. 1 incoming freshman class in the country.
“I will be the first one to admit to you that this was a rather unique set of circumstances for us,” Weiser said.
Martin, 41, spent the past season as Huggins’ top assistant and recruiting coordinator, helping turn around a program that had been dismal for years. The Wildcats went 23-12, reached the NIT and had their best conference finish since the start of the Big 12 in 1996.
But Martin has never been a Division I head coach and his only other experience leading a program came to an embarrassing end at Miami (Fla.) Senior High, where he was fired and the school was stripped of a state championship because of recruiting violations.
Although he was terminated, Martin was officially cleared of any wrongdoing. He said Monday he would be happy to sit down with any reporter in the room one-on-one and discuss the situation.
“I have nothing to hide,” he said.
Weiser said he had not spoken with anybody in Florida about the investigation.
“We felt Frank was very open when he was hired here about what took place. We’d had a chance to find out what the facts were,” Weiser said. "But I would tell you, if I felt in any way that that was going to compromise his ability to do the job, we wouldn’t have hired him."
He, Martin and Hill also signed the best class the Wildcats ever corralled, headed by 6-foot-4 Bill Walker and 6-9 Michael Beasley, cited by most services as the No. 1 prospect in the nation. Walker became eligible at midterm and looked spectacular in the few games he played before sustaining a season-ending knee injury.
Beasley whetted fans’ appetites when he appeared in Bramlage Coliseum in a high school game last month and scored 30 points.
Beasley’s mother has said her son still plans to attend Kansas State, but the player himself has not said that publicly. Martin and Hill both acknowledged Monday they were not 100 percent certain that Beasley will not seek to be released from his commitment - a request Weiser says would not be granted anyway.
Martin and Hill both hurried out of Manhattan last week to speak with Beasley.
“He said, 'Kansas State’s been great to me,”’ said Hill, who was Beasley’s AAU coach and is close with the player and his family. "I’m almost certain that he’s coming."
Walker made it clear to Weiser and Kansas State president Jon Wefald that he wanted Martin and Hill to get the jobs.
“I told them that in order for me to stay, they have to hire someone who’s been here,” Walker said. "I’m pretty sure they heard me and they took that into account when they were talking to Frank."
Martin projects a tough-guy image that seems justified considering his experience as barroom bouncer in Miami.
“We broke up a fight and threw the guys out of the bar. We thought it was over,” Martin said.
"Then when the bar closed at 3 a.m., we cleaned up and walked outside. A car came racing over. We were smart enough to know what was getting ready to happen. We dove and shots were fired. Luckily for me and the other two bouncers, everybody was all right."
No arrests were ever made, Martin said.
“They just drove away. It goes with the territory,” he said. “Like being the head coach at Kansas State deals with (news conferences), being a bouncer, you’ve got to deal with that.”

There are some contradictions between the AP story and the one in the Manhattan Mercury. While the former claims he was only the head coach at Miami Senior H.S., the latter (plus his bio on K-StateSports.com) claims that he was also the head coach at two other Miami-area high schools, including accepting the head coach position at Booker T. Washington Senior H.S. AFTER being fired at Miami Senior H.S. Hmmm…

K-StateSports.com: Frank Martin Biography

TheMercury.com: New boss in town

Thanks for posting that story Jim.

Gotta love this part:

"We broke up a fight and threw the guys out of the bar. We thought it was over," Martin said. "Then when the bar closed at 3 a.m., we cleaned up and walked outside. A car came racing over. We were smart enough to know what was getting ready to happen. We dove and shots were fired. Luckily for me and the other two bouncers, everybody was all right." No arrests were ever made, Martin said. "They just drove away. It goes with the territory," he said. "Like being the head coach at Kansas State deals with (news conferences), being a bouncer, you've got to deal with that."
So, Martin has already compared coaching KSU to getting shot at while being a bouncer in a bar.

Those fans out there in Wheatville are gonna love that.

[QUOTE]“I told them that in order for me to stay, they have to hire someone who’s been here,” Walker said. "I’m pretty sure they heard me and they took that into account when they were talking to Frank.[/QUOTE]

So they are letting kids determine the coach? Kids that aren’t even going to be at KSU that long? GENIUS!

They sound pretty desperate.

[QUOTE=mineshaft;230430]I wonder how Fatima got this house in Manhattan? Sounds like something the NCAA should investigate.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does. Mom Beasley’s profit from KSU is in jeopardy. I love it. She makes alot of promises her son isn’t willing to keep.

This kid and mom is a soap opera.