beasley

Agreed, I've never booed one of our players and never will. Period!

if you made it through the first half of Miss State last year and refrained from booing, i think you are in the clear.

I wouldn’t boo Beasley but I’d boo Hill, even if he came back. Once a traitor always a traitor. KSU apparently is not learning the lesson that Huggins tried to teach them if they are keeping Hill around.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TO BEASLEY AND HILL.

By the way, I love how Beasley’s mom thinks shes an agent. Beasley confirming that he is going to stick with KSU really shows his ties to Hill and that more than likely would have been a niner had Dalonte stayed.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;230052]im sure this topic has already been brought up but i had to ask the question. what do you guys think are the chances we land beasley. if k state doesnt release him from his loi, he has to sit out a year and pay to go to school. they could release him from his loi but say that he cant go to wvu. we can make a good argument for him to come here.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=7]Who?[/SIZE][/B]

i was talking to a ncsu grad today. he told me beasley may be going to nc state. i’m sure he will go there. just like calimari did.

oops. here’s the article that mentions nc state, memphis, and florida state.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=2829319[/url]

Mom says Beasley is headed to K-State; he’s not sure

ESPN.com news services

Michael Beasley’s status as a Kansas State recruit is so uncertain, it seems, that there’s even disagreement about the issue in his own family.

Beasley committed to the Wildcats in November, but with coach Bob Huggins’ departure for West Virginia this week, the highly touted recruit’s future became unclear.

Beasley’s mother, Fatima Smith, told The Kansas City Star on Saturday that he would honor his commitment.

“He’s happy. He’s satisfied,” Smith told the Star. “We’re just glad it turned out this way.”

Smith said Dalonte Hill, who was promoted to associate head coach under new Wildcats head coach Frank Martin, was the key to Beasley going to Kansas State.

Beasley seemed to contradict his mother’s remarks later Saturday.

“I haven’t [asked to be released from Kansas State] yet,” Beasley said after the Nike Hoop Summit game in Memphis, Tenn. However, it appeared he was unaware of the Wildcats’ promotion of Martin, as he said, "I’m waiting to see who gets the job first.

“I haven’t talked to [Huggins] yet. He had to do what was best for him, but he still didn’t look out for his recruits. He supposedly had the best recruiting class in the nation, but he didn’t look out for us.”

Beasley said his phone hasn’t stopped ringing since the news broke, and that he has formalized an early list of schools that could be a good fit for him if released from Kansas State.

[b]“I’m really thinking about Memphis right now. NC State and Florida State, too,” he said.

Hill, who coached Beasley in AAU basketball and was an assistant at Charlotte when Beasley initially committed there. When Hill left for Kansas State, Beasley de-committed from Charlotte, eventually signing with Kansas State[/b]

The kid did what he had to do, can you blame him?

Business aspect aside, if he is going to better our program as a whole, then I am all for it. [SIZE=3]IF [/SIZE]it happens. And if he were to come here, anyone that even thinks about boo-ing him needs to be real with themselves because he is an amazing player that would be playing in Halton, wearing a Niner jersey. This kid has the potential to turn our team around, and I’d welcome him with open arms regardless of the circumstances.

[QUOTE=ShannonClaire;230373]This kid has the potential to turn our team around, and I’d welcome him with open arms regardless of the circumstances.[/QUOTE]

agree. as long as we don’t find ourselves in a situation where any long term damage is more than the short term (1 year) gain. hill could mean long term damage. so i’m against rehiring him. beasley or no beasley.

did someone establish that he said he was staying there at KSU today? or was that something i had just heard…

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;230380]did someone establish that he said he was staying there at KSU today? or was that something i had just heard…[/QUOTE]

His mom said he’s staying but we’ve all heard that before…

[QUOTE=forDniner;230383]His mom said he’s staying but we’ve all heard that before…[/QUOTE]

his mom said he’s staying but he has already mentioned mempiss state, nc state, and florida state. i guess he likes school names ending in "state’. imagine the stink it will be if he leaves dalonte now. and i don’t believe a word his mom says. she will sell out to the highest bidder.

his mom said he's staying but he has already mentioned mempiss state, nc state, and florida state. i guess he likes school names ending in "state'. imagine the stink it will be if he leaves dalonte now. and i don't believe a word his mom says. she will sell out to the highest bidder.

Please tell me the state after Memphis was sarcasm… since they dropped that some time ago. That’s worse then calling Charlotte , “UNCC.”

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;230390]Please tell me the state after Memphis was sarcasm… since they dropped that some time ago. That’s worse then calling Charlotte , “UNCC.”[/QUOTE]

yes. it was sarcasm. i assumed everyone knew that and didn’t think it would bother anyone. and their fans still refer to us as uncc.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;230399]yes. it was sarcasm. i assumed everyone knew that and didn’t think it would bother anyone. and their fans still refer to us as uncc.[/QUOTE]

The best name for Mempiss State is TIGER HIGH

That one goes way back and they can’t stand it.

OLE MISS fans still call them tiger high

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/04/08/beasley.ian/index.html

I wonder how Fatima got this house in Manhattan? Sounds like something the NCAA should investigate.

I wonder how Fatima got this house in Manhattan? Sounds like something the NCAA should investigate.

Shady but perfectly legal. Someone will get her a job in town and that will be the basis of getting a house. Now if the house is $600k for a $20k/year job then yes that’s a problem (Reggie Bush).

[QUOTE=mineshaft;230430]I wonder how Fatima got this house in Manhattan? Sounds like something the NCAA should investigate.[/QUOTE]

At one time (about the time he changed his commitment to KSU) some of te KSU posters did a lot of bragging about finding her a house in Manhattan.

[QUOTE=mineshaft;230430]I wonder how Fatima got this house in Manhattan? Sounds like something the NCAA should investigate.[/QUOTE]

A place in Manhattan, Kansas probably goes for $150 a month.

wait wait wait, is it a 600k house, or like, 100k house, with 6 rebuilds included after it gets blown away by tornados?