Belmont Abbey @ Charlotte 1/9 7:30PM YouTube Live

Bobby Huggins would make this team practice in their own clothes after this because they are not worthy of wearing their school logo. We need a coach that gets furious with an effort like this.

5 Likes

Worst half of basketball I have seen from this team. Turnover after turnover. Sad

Blow an 18 point second half lead to a Fā€™n
YMCA team.

1 Like

Outscored 14-2 the last 5 minutes of the game. We looked out matched against Belmont abbey. Why not press earlier and often?

Coaches, players and Mike Hill should be embarrassed. Because fans are.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve said this before. Fire Ron Sanchez.

1 Like

Nose to nose with WKU for two games then rhis performanceā€¦Iā€™m so proud right now.
Culture.

This is the most embarrassing loss in program history.

4 Likes

2026ā€¦

2 Likes

Ok what the hell happened??? This is crazy.

I think the score was 56-51 in the middle of BAā€™s run, they showed one of our players smiling nonchalantly/joking with a teammate, not very focused. After seeing that I knew it wasnā€™t going to be goodā€¦but I didnā€™t know it would be like that. FWIW I didnā€™t see that player play in OT.

Shame on me and shame on everyone else that stuck around watching that OT on a Saturday night. Iā€™m not sure following this program is worth my time after tonightā€™s performance.

I did not watch the game cause I figured it would be a walk over. This is unacceptable. How do you beat Davidson, GW and WKU and lose to a D2 school. Damn.

One step forward and eight steps back.

Sanchez had recruited pretty well and they were great at home last year. I was real happy with last year. But this year has been a shit show. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s Covid Malaise or lack of coaching or players that donā€™t care/are over confident but this needs to get cleaned up. If they have another shit year next year Iā€™m off the Sanchez bandwagon.

Boys and girls, welcome to the Gold Standard. Unfortunately itā€™s FOOLS GOLD. Iā€™m about one football season away from being done with 49er athletics and look to move towards Wolfpack seasons tickets. Not my Alta Malta, but they are less than 15 minutes from my house and it would give me excitement to go to sporting events again. I have been donating to this athletic program for a very long time and have had 4 FSLā€™s before breaking ground, while driving from Raleigh for every damn game. Call me a sellout; donā€™t give a damn, but Iā€™m nearing a point of being utterly embarrassed to be associated with 49er athletics. Itā€™s good we changed our brand so that hopefully no one can recognize us. For once, those that continue to wear gold and gold tinted glasses regarding this team and coach, please finally be pissed off and embarrassed. The problem is what will I do what the over $1000 of the new brand clothing when I call it quits :hot_face:

Sanchez couldnā€™t draw up a last shot play to save his life.

Donā€™t worry. Your glasses are still green tinted. Cya at the next game.

Not only would he not let them wear school gear, heā€™d make the practice outside. Not worthy of setting foot in the building.

But then, they had a 19 point lead and just quit. Are the players the problem or is Sanchezā€¦

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Good thing for the free throw line or this would have been a lot worse. Charlotte 24-36 from the free throw line. Belmont Abbey 9-15 from the free throw lineā€¦with a lot of those coming in the last two minutes of OT when Charlotte was fouling quickly to put BA on the line.

I heard that high school teams are lining up to take a shot at us. If we are lucky, we may be able to pull a couple of upsets.

1 Like

Guys, Iā€™m just sick to my stomach. This is crazy. This team doesnā€™t play hard against lower competition, and I blame the coach. Thatā€™s his job. These late game collapses are crazy. Gotta leave this board tonight, I might throw up.

2 Likes