Belmont Abbey @ Charlotte 1/9 7:30PM YouTube Live

If the players are the problem then Sanchez is the problem. It’s his program.

3 Likes

I have a similar story .

RON SANCHEZ Ladies and gentlemen. RON SANCHEZ…

3 Likes

We lose the games we should win, and we win the games we probably should lose. I feel like Sanchez is screwing with me.

Not enough focus on passing and catching
Lost our way
Disrespected the game
Did things that aren’t traditional-too many risks
Didn’t stay the course
Anybody can beat anybody

Sanchez likes to lose games like this. They’re teachable moments for his pillar program of unity, brotherhood, peace, love, flowers, happiness and just being man. :v::cherry_blossom: :basketball:

Side note: anyone notice how Sanchez had his hands in his pockets all of the second half? You would think while his team is self destructing he might, idk, demonstrate some acknowledgement of what’s happening. Maybe he was humming a tune to himself and didn’t see the second half.

You know what I hear…

Blah
Blah
Blah
#payme

He needs to realize that anybody can’t beat anybody at anytime.

My 12 year old son would love to know that there is a possibility of their recreational soccer team beating Manchester United

Got Lutz?

2 Likes

Hell. At this point, I will take anyone that shows some form of emotions greater than unicorns and rainbows.

1 Like

Seriously, the extensions by Hill could be the nail in the coffin for the program. 2026. Let that sink in. He’s not going anywhere for AT LEAST 3-4 years after this year.

You can’t lose to a DII team. Especially one that’s essentially using the game as a practice.

If we see mass transfers out this off-season might be interesting to see what happens. Mike would have to address it. I could see Jahmir leave for sure. At this point I’m expecting it.

We will see the results of negative recruiting from this until Ron is fired or makes the NCAA tournament. Possibly longer

Especially a DII program from around the corner. People are gonna know about this.

1 Like

I expect mass transfers too.

As far as Mike addressing it, he already addressed it and made a huge mistake. He needs to be accountable to the fan base. The stealth 2 year extension is worrisome. Reminds me of the old AD.

I guess my point is, he hired him and then extended him for 3 years. I am not sure if I want HIM addressing it. Heck, Mike may be the nail in the coffin.

I’d like to know the thinking behind the second extension. It defies common explanation. Even Majors extension was made largely to lock Braxton up.

As far as picking the replacement - I don’t fault the hire. Lead assistant from the #1 team isn’t a bad hire. Just looks like it didn’t work, far different from Judy’s hires. Anyone that hires people know nothing is ever a given. Every hire is a crap shoot. The question is what do you do when it doesn’t work out?

The last possession of regulation tells you all you need to know. You’re playing a DII team on your home court and you can’t draw up a play to penetrate for a shot that if you miss maybe draws a foul and leaves backside rebound wide open.

No, we throw 3 passes and heft a contested 3.

Players know when coaches are over their head.

Up to this point I thought calls for Bobby were insane but at this point bring him back.

I would never defend Judy and Major and Price were terrible, but they never lost to a DII program. At home.

Maybe the hire wasn’t bad but extending the guy 3 years is inexcusable.

I don’t expect every hire to pan out but Mike gets paid good money to make the right hires. If it’s a crap shoot we likely have the wrong guy.

1 Like

You know Judy had a good night.