Bernard Sullivan - transfer

Just got info about Bernard taking a visit with Charlotte this week some time. Apparently his girlfriend goes here so thats a plus! 4 star recruit that originally committed to Clemson and is transferring

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Bernard-Sullivan-80055

Cool another undersized forward! One that didn’t do much at Clemson anyway. One that cannot play immediately. I think I’d rather just stick with Clark and Clayton and find a better use for the extra scholarships.

Ha ha, well I guess I’ll be the positive one this time since NN already took my thunder… :stuck_out_tongue:

He would be a good fit at PF, true we still need another C for next year but if he comes in when Clayton and Clark and Thorne are all Juniors and has three years to play that will help our program.

We weren’t going to fill all 4 schollies this year anyway and now we at least know we have another PF/C coming in next year if he decides to pick us.

Don’t worry we will find another PF/C for this coming year, Major isn’t dumb he knows we have a thin Frontcourt right now.

do not want unless he will walk on. im sure he is a good kid but he brings nothing to the table.

Mayfield didn’t so anything at UGA, he did well here. Only draw back to me is he will be same class as Clayton, Thorne and Clark.

Big draw back here for me. I’m not a fan of having 4 post players in one graduating class. Thats a lot to fill and doesn’t leave much room on the roster to recruit for young back ups.

Big draw back here for me. I’m not a fan of having 4 post players in one graduating class. Thats a lot to fill and doesn’t leave much room on the roster to recruit for young back ups.[/quote]agreed. Also can confirm Sullivan will be here this week.

thats not good logic. if that is our only argument then we are in trouble. i would rather take a chance on ingorrosso since he is taller and fills a need.

Big draw back here for me. I’m not a fan of having 4 post players in one graduating class. Thats a lot to fill and doesn’t leave much room on the roster to recruit for young back ups.[/quote]
So was he a freshman or sophomore this past year? If he was a freshman, he wouldn’t be in the same class as Thorne Clark and Clayton.

clemson page says soph

Yea he has stats for 2 yrs on espn

My sources confirm as well @2k, he will be here on Friday. Obviously a talented player! Don’t doubt the power of the pu**y…could be an automatic decision because of his Girlfriend being a student here!

Big draw back here for me. I’m not a fan of having 4 post players in one graduating class. Thats a lot to fill and doesn’t leave much room on the roster to recruit for young back ups.[/quote]

I’m a fan, what’s better, having 4 post players in one class, making the tournament and having success, or having them spread out and making just the NIT.

how is this kid going to help us make the tournament?

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:14, topic:27702”]how is this kid going to help us make the tournament?[/quote]Let’s not judge a kid that wants to come here until we can at least see what he can do. Mayfield’s numbers were terrible at UGA, he was a damn good player while he was eligible.

mayfield also ended up playing for a coach that did not recruit him. are we so desperate that we are willing to give him a chance simply because he wants to come here? again, mayfield is more likely the exception, rather than the rule.

mayfield also ended up playing for a coach that did not recruit him. are we so desperate that we are willing to give him a chance simply because he wants to come here? again, mayfield is more likely the exception, rather than the rule.[/quote]

I mean the kid was a top 100 national recruit… so he has to have some talent, why that talent didn’t translate for Clemson who knows… but it’s not like we got the top 10 guys lined up at our door. I saw give him a shot we have extra schollys.

Has to be one of the best recruiting tools ever.

mayfield also ended up playing for a coach that did not recruit him. are we so desperate that we are willing to give him a chance simply because he wants to come here? again, mayfield is more likely the exception, rather than the rule.[/quote]all 13 scholarship players don’t play, what’s it hurt? We could give it to a project, or we can offer a former top 100 player out of HS.

I don’t know why things didn’t work out at Clemson. Not sure we are in a position to turn our nose up at talent at this point.

you should recruit thinking that the player can contribute not with the why not attitude. if he was unable to get off the bench for clemson, why would he earn time here? we know this. he is undersized but not a physically strong player, a decent but not a great shooter and not a true post player so saying that we have undersized players like clayton is not a good argument. i would rather save the scholarhip than waste it on a player who cannot give quality minutes. i hope i’m wrong.