Bernard Sullivan - transfer

Who knows that this will be the typical “provide depth” thing. Im not sure if Clark will come on and ever be a legitimate post player. He may be the one providing depth behind Clayton and Sullivan. I don’t know. I hope Clark comes on and is a stud, but we have to be prepared. Competition is a good thing.

[quote=“bballfanatic23, post:55, topic:27702”]Ok so I have a little more info on things. I was right about the DeVoe and Sullivan visit…so trust me with this, I promise I am not lying!!

-Sullivan was crazy impressive the other night when I watched him play. Think of him as a mix of JT Thompson and Darion Clark, and resembling Davidson’s De’Mon Brooks, but better. He is lefty and has some serious game. Only knock on his game that I saw was that his shot takes really long to finish, and was getting blocked a couple times on his wind up. And I am hearing that he is almost a lock to commit here after a really great recruiting trip.[/quote]

Hopefully, his girlfriend sealed the deal with a little private time.

6'8 Bernard Sullivan has verbally committed to the Charlotte 49ers. He is expected to sign on Monday.

Welcome to Charlotte Bernard!

Great news!

Pretty solid get for us IMO. Has a different skill set than any other big Major has brought in.

See… players do transfer up

Wish he could play right away. Glad to see him pick Charlotte though.

A friend of mine that is a Clemson alum and big fan told me “He can play. Hard worker and gives a good effort. I like him.” That works for me.

Good to hear. I got slightly worried when I found out he played only 9 min last years. But if he can play, then by all means, let him play!(when he is eligible of course)

Welcome home, Bernard! Interested to see how your hard work in your season off translates to play on the floor.

Only wish he was eligible immediately. So, thats 1 down, 5 more scholllies to give? :o

Glad to see him transferring here.

His name is Sully.

What? This kid landed a plane on the Hudson? He looked a lot older on the news.

What? This kid landed a plane on the Hudson? He looked a lot older on the news.[/quote] ;D

That Sully shouldn’t have been called Sully but he’s a badass so we’ll make an exception.

Davidson wanted Sullivan, so you know they will be happy to see him in December 2014.

Official release: http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=207478361&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Now we are starting to fill some holes. Too bad he has to stay out a year but that’s one more year to prepare.

[quote=“ninermike, post:78, topic:27702”]Now we are starting to fill some holes. Too bad he has to stay out a year but that’s one more year to prepare.[/quote]I think a year off for Sullivan could do wonders for him. One, he has time to learn our system, then he has time to mature/develop. It worked out great for Mayfield, just didn’t mature enough off the court. :-\

clt has not read anything about this in the observer.