Best Albums of 2008 - Running Thread

My only nomination so far:

Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely

I didn’t like their first album, but this one is quality.

[B]R.E.M. - [I]Accelerate[/I][/B]
– It sounds like old-school college rock R.E.M. I like it a lot.

[B]Sara Bareilles - [I]Little Voice[/I][/B]
– You guys can flame away all you want on this one, but she’s hot, she has the voice of an angel, and she’s cool. She’ll be at Neighborhood Theatre on 4/29.

I’ll have to give the new Raconteurs album a listen. The first one was hit and miss for me.

Yael Naim

[QUOTE=dax;312324]Yael Naim[/QUOTE]
Hmm. Her voice in that one song is fingernails on a chalkboard to me… how’s the rest of the album?

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;312325]Hmm. Her voice in that one song is fingernails on a chalkboard to me… how’s the rest of the album?[/QUOTE]

she sings in 3 different languages. which is impressive by its self. its very interesting to say the least.

Panic! At The Disco’s new album is amazing. they went in a completely different direction with it.

[B]Sara Bareilles - [I]Little Voice[/I][/B] -- You guys can flame away all you want on this one, but she's hot, she has the voice of an angel, and she's cool. She'll be at Neighborhood Theatre on 4/29.
Heard very little from her, but what I have heard....AMAZING.

It hasn’t been released yet, but Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk

Pretty good if you like Lamb of God. Both have very similar styles. Heavy, but not too overpowering. Definitely recommended if you like any kind of metal from todays bands

The new B-52s CD is ok. And yeah, the new R.E.M. is definitely throwback. Good stuff. Nothing else so far has really gotten it done for me, but it’s still early.

The new Nine Inch Nails “GHosts” and The [SIZE=2]Cavalera Conspiracy “Inflikted”…[/SIZE]

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
She & Him - Volume One
Hot Chip - Made In The Dark
Be Your Own Pet - Get Awkward
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig!! Lazarus Dig!!

I would say the the Vampire Weekend and the She & Him(Zooey…droool) albums are going to be at the top when the end of the year is here. I am also looking forward to the new Clinic, Breeders, and Roots albums.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig!! Lazarus Dig!!

He sings some crazy songs. I like for 2008… Flogging Molly- Float.

Love that celtic folk-punk.

He sings some crazy songs. I like for 2008.... Flogging Molly- Float.

Love that celtic folk-punk.

Flogging Molly is AWESOME

Glad you started this thread. The “Best Albums of 2008 - [B]Walking [/B]Thread” just wasn’t going anywhere fast… :biggrin:

Jason Mraz

He’s at Davidson and Wake this month. Check him out!

Jason Mraz

He’s at Davidson and Wake this month. Check him out!

Is he playing material from his new album? It’s not due out for another month and a half.

Flogging Molly is AWESOME

I think their new album is the best. I have all their stuff.

Is he playing material from his new album? It's not due out for another month and a half.

Yes. It’s to promote his new album.

I know this is not an album, but has anyone heard Fall Out Boy with John Mayer doing Mikey Jackson’s “Beat It”.

I’m not sure why but cross genre-ing covers allways amuse me.

This one is no Sick Puppies doing “Say My Name”, but it’s pretty good.

Tintin

The Avett Brothers- Emotionalism

[QUOTE=Edge9er;312500]The Avett Brothers- Emotionalism[/QUOTE]

Avetts are awesome.