Best Albums of 2009 ... Running Thread

Never too early to start.

The new Animal Collective album is getting really good reviews, I’m not really sure what else is coming out this year, but it pretty much has to be a better year than 2008 was for new music.

On a related note, does anybody know of a good site to find lists of upcoming releases? I use Amazon because I don’t know of anywhere else to look, but I imagine there is probably a better site out there…

[QUOTE=CMack124;375134]On a related note, does anybody know of a good site to find lists of upcoming releases? I use Amazon because I don’t know of anywhere else to look, but I imagine there is probably a better site out there…[/QUOTE]

Although not always 100% accurate or complete, this is a pretty good site:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I’ve run across the site before, but never seen the upcoming release page.

Taylor Swift “Fearless” It came out in 08 but I just got it for Christmas. I’m such a girl! Flame away!

Although, most of you think she’s hot, I’m sure…so that gets me points, right?:biggrin:

David Byrne and Brian Eno
Everything That Happens Will Happen Today

Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Communion
Andrew Bird - Noble Beast
Bon Iver - Blood Bank

actually it looks like there s alot of albums Im looking forward to, but big ones for me are:

Doves
Wilco
and that M Ward record is going to be great even if I dont like the style

[QUOTE=spartyniner;375176]Taylor Swift “Fearless” It came out in 08 but I just got it for Christmas. I’m such a girl! Flame away!

Although, most of you think she’s hot, I’m sure…so that gets me points, right?:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

My 7 and 9 year old girls love her.

Tintin

Silversun Pickups are supposed to have a new one out this year too!

Derek Trucks Band - Already Free… Comes out Tuesday and I have already preordered my copy.

also…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead in sometime in early 09.

And the entire Beatles catalogue is to be remastered and released in late 09!

[QUOTE=Max Power;375135]Although not always 100% accurate or complete, this is a pretty good site:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml[/QUOTE]

Some names I totally forgot existed on the no date list… I’m especially excited to see Ralph Trezvant back in the news:huh:

Velvet Revolver in 2009? Guess they best get a singer.

Alice in Chains is also almost done doing a new album should be out in the first 1/2 of 2009.

Seaweed has a new album coming out, stoked.

[QUOTE=casstommy;375406]And the entire Beatles catalogue is to be remastered and released in late 09![/QUOTE]

Seriously!? I hadn’t heard that.

Not listed on that website but listed on the band’s website: Queensryche: American Soldier, March 09.

[B]ALICE IN CHAINS[/B]

Seriously!? I hadn't heard that.

Yea, I heard that some time ago on All Songs Considered. They last remastered their work in the mid 90’s, but a lot of it sounds like ****…especially the early stuff like Meet the Beatles.

[QUOTE=casstommy;375406]also…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead in sometime in early 09.

And the entire Beatles catalogue is to be remastered and released in late 09![/QUOTE]
I’d be more excited about the Trail of Dead album if either of their last two were decent. They need to go back to making kick ass rock.

I’ve never been a big audiophile, all of my Beatles CDs sound great to me, although I don’t have much of their early stuff.

Seaweed and Austin Lucas 09.

Derek Trucks Album is awesome…

Next ones I’m looking forward to…
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit (former member of Drive By Truckers) http://www.jasonisbell.com/
Wes Tucker & The Skillets (went to high school with these guys) http://www.westucker.com/
Chris Cornell - Scream I really don’t expect to like this because I have never liked any of his solo stuff other than Unplugged in Sweden which is incredible… just look at that track list.

The new Animal Collective is probably going to be my number 1 of the year.