Best Albums of 2009 ... Running Thread

Mandy Moore’s new album is coming out in April.

And Taylor Swift has that one song that’s pretty good.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;377755]Mandy Moore’s new album is coming out in April.

And Taylor Swift has that one song that’s pretty good.[/QUOTE]

fail.

[QUOTE=GtfoMyPorch;377753]The new Animal Collective is probably going to be my number 1 of the year.[/QUOTE]

Good album, I’m enjoying it so far.

311 has finished recording, and is now mixing their new album, set for this spring.
sweet.

No album title has been released, and only one song title (Jackpot) so far. Musically, it is rumored to be going back to the early years (Music and Grassroots) of 311’s music…
double sweet.

Album being produced by Bob Rock…
triple sweet.

New album+original 311 sound+Bob Rock=quadruple awesome holy **** sweet!

fail.

Generic dismissive comment related to your unintentional Blues Brother get-up.

Wait, 311? 311?! Really? Come on, man. I wasn’t going to say anything else, but I can’t let that go. The Mandy Moore thing, yeah, I’ll take my lumps for that whenever. I can understand the push back, prescribed gender roles, archetypes of masculinity, etc. But 311? Really? You can’t come back and be excited about a new 311 album as if they’re still a relevant and interesting band who have new things to say. I feel like Jim Mora. Imagine me saying “311” in a really squeaky voice. “311?! 311?! I…juh…311?!”

Also, and this has nothing to do with the new 311 album specifically because I know nothing about it, but isn’t “going back to their roots” usually secret band code for “blatant money grab album that liberally rehashes what the band was doing 10 years ago when people cared about them?”

Wait, 311? 311?! Really? Come on, man. I wasn’t going to say anything else, but I can’t let that go. The Mandy Moore thing, yeah, I’ll take my lumps for that whenever. I can understand the push back, prescribed gender roles, archetypes of masculinity, etc. But 311? Really? You can’t come back and be excited about a new 311 album as if they’re still a relevant and interesting band who have new things to say. I feel like Jim Mora. Imagine me saying “311” in a really squeaky voice. “311?! 311?! I…juh…311?!”

Also, and this has nothing to do with the new 311 album specifically because I know nothing about it, but isn’t “going back to their roots” usually secret band code for “blatant money grab album that liberally rehashes what the band was doing 10 years ago when people cared about them?”

This has been a highly uneffective post brought to you by Zack Rearick.

I’m pretty excited about the Reel Big Fish album out today.

This has been a highly uneffective post brought to you by Zack Rearick.

I’m pretty excited about the Reel Big Fish album out today.

Considering the RBF album is just covers, it’s nothing to get too excited about. Especially since they’ll never do a cover as good as “Take On Me” ever again, but it’s a fun album to relax to.

Avoid “Brown Eyed Girl”, ugh, I hate that song.

Their sound is getting closer and closer to Forces of Evil with every album.

I’ve been listening to the new Derek Trucks Band album…pretty solid stuff.

If you’ve seen 311 live recently, you’d know they are still relevant. They still put on one of the best shows of any band out there. The energy is pretty damn impressive considering these guys have been doing it for 15 years.

[QUOTE=jjc2004;378439]If you’ve seen 311 live recently, you’d know they are still relevant. They still put on one of the best shows of any band out there. The energy is pretty damn impressive considering these guys have been doing it for [B]18[/B] years.[/QUOTE]

fixed.

311 writes their own music. They have their own studio, in which they record their own music.

Mandy Moore… comes from a music factory.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;378456]fixed.

311 writes their own music. They have their own studio, in which they record their own music.

Mandy Moore… comes from a music factory.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jjc2004;378439]If you’ve seen 311 live recently, you’d know they are still relevant. They still put on one of the best shows of any band out there. The energy is pretty damn impressive considering these guys have been doing it for 15 years.[/QUOTE]

So what? He can like whatever the **** he wants to like. Seriously, jocking 311 and bashing anything is weak for music snob standards. Man up and throw out something elite, something “vintage” or something really obscure. If you had bashed MM and then said, “Hey, Seaweed’s new album is gonna be sweet!” At least your music snobbery would have made sense.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;378416]This has been a highly uneffective post brought to you by Zack Rearick.

I’m pretty excited about the Reel Big Fish album out today.[/QUOTE]

I thought his post was pretty spot on. The only ska band that I care about is Mustard Plug. Well, and Less than Jake, they rip it up live. Saw them at Fest 7, holy crap they were awesome. If I weren’t going to germany in March, I would be going to see them again at the harvest of hope.

Also, Seaweed has a new album coming out, stoked!

Can I bash MM since I’ve seen both MM and 311 live? Anybody else? Anybody?

So what? He can like whatever the **** he wants to like. Seriously, jocking 311 and bashing anything is weak for music snob standards. Man up and throw out something elite, something "vintage" or something really obscure. If you had bashed MM and then said, "Hey, Seaweed's new album is gonna be sweet!" At least your music snobbery would have made sense.

I thought his post was pretty spot on. The only ska band that I care about is Mustard Plug. Well, and Less than Jake, they rip it up live. Saw them at Fest 7, holy crap they were awesome. If I weren’t going to germany in March, I would be going to see them again at the harvest of hope.

Also, Seaweed has a new album coming out, stoked!

And on a seriuos note. I’m sure most of you watch American Idol. Some willingly, some unwillingly. Last year there was a kid that didn’t make the cut, Josiah Leming. He came out with an EP not too long ago and it is definitely worth listening to.

[QUOTE=jjc2004;378558]Can I bash MM since I’ve seen both MM and 311 live? Anybody else? Anybody?[/QUOTE]

Bash whoever you want. I will never understand what good bashing someone for their taste in music does.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;378561]Bash whoever you want. I will never understand what good bashing someone for their taste in music does.[/QUOTE]

So because I like 311 I’m not worthy about making a Mandy Moore joke… but if I liked ‘seaweed’ then I am?

Get off it.

I’m sure Zack doesn’t take it personal. In fact, for quite some time, his signature read “Switch to Mandy Moore jokes instead.”

For the record, I checked out Seaweed. Not impressed.

Im looking forward to Lamb of God’s new album, [I]Wrath[/I]. If it’s anything like the rest of their music, it’ll be heavy and good, just how I like it.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;378562]So because I like 311 I’m not worthy about making a Mandy Moore joke… but if I liked ‘seaweed’ then I am?

Get off it.

I’m sure Zack doesn’t take it personal. In fact, for quite some time, his signature read “Switch to Mandy Moore jokes instead.”

For the record, I checked out Seaweed. Not impressed.[/QUOTE]

No, I said if you’re gonna be a snob, don’t jocky a mainstream band.

Do I need to dumb my posts down for you?

Not sure you can still call 311 a mainstream band anymore. Maybe in the 90’s, but not now.

No, I said if you're gonna be a snob, don't jocky a mainstream band.

Do I need to dumb my posts down for you?

[QUOTE=jjc2004;378581]Not sure you can still call 311 a mainstream band anymore. Maybe in the 90’s, but not now.[/QUOTE]

So, they had at least two hit songs in the last 5 years and they aren’t mainstream anymore? How exactly does that work?

Let me settle this for you guys. 311 and Mandy Moore both suck. Moving on…