Best / Favorite Albums of the Decade

I have to say with the Blueprint by JayZ though, while a good CD, when I found out it was going to have him and Eminem on it I thought it was going to be sick... I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't bad, but it could have been epic.

That was because Eminem produced the song. While he can be a sick lyricist, his production skills are terrible. It is basically the reason I am not a big fan of his.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;434836]That was because Eminem produced the song. While he can be a sick lyricist, his production skills are terrible. It is basically the reason I am not a big fan of his.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he’s a product of Dre’s beats, just like Snoop Dogg.

1. Tool-Lateralus

A bunch of others-

A Perfect Circle-Mer De Noms, Thirteenth Step
Alice in Chains-Black Gives Way to Blue
Alter Bridge-One Day Remains, Blackbird
Buckethead-Electric Tears, Population Override, Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot, Albino Slug
Hater-The 2nd
Incubus-Light Grenades
ISIS-In the Absence of Truth, Wavering Radiant
Jimmy Chamberlin Complex-Life Begins Again
Muse-Origin of Symmetry, Black Holes and Revelations
Pearl Jam-Binaural, Backspacer
Riverside-Rapid Eye Movement, Second Life Syndrome
Tool-10,000 Days
Wellwater Conspiracy-The Scroll and It’s Combinations, Wellwater Conspiracy

1. The Roots - The Tipping Point: Not quite as good as Things Fall Apart, but a really loose album, the only album I’ve heard from them where they sound like they are actually having fun.

2. Radiohead - In Rainbows: I think it is a hair better than Kid A. A perfect mix of their guitars and their more experimental style

3. The White Stripes - De Stijl: Not as hyped as Elephant or White Blood Cells, but it is a stronger album I think.

4. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga: A ridiculously good pop album.

5. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell: They were so good at making great rock songs, it’s a shame they stopped trying.

6. Ted Leo - Shake The Sheets: Awesome straight-up Clash-style pop/punk.

7. The Strokes - Is This It: This holds up amazingly well, still a great album.

8. Arcade Fire - Funeral: Others have said a lot about it already.

9. TV on the Radio - Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes: I’m surprised this ended up so high, but I really do like it better than anything except #1.

10. The National - Boxer: Been hooked on these guys for a couple of years now, this album is really close to perfection in my book.

I’m terrible at ranking things, so the numbers (aside form the top 3 or 4) really don’t mean much. There’s probably about a dozen other albums that I like almost as much as most of the ones on this list: Kid A - Amnesiac - Oh, Inverted World - White Blood Cells - Relationship of Command - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank - You Forgot It In People - College Dropout - Antics - Alligator - The Greatest…and a few others I’m sure I’m missing.

Pretty terrible decade for music imo, but def some bright spots.

1. Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf (prob my favorite album ever)

2. Outkast - The Love Below (and to a much lesser extent Speakerboxx), Stankonia

and the rest:

TV On The Radio - [I]Every album they’ve ever made[/I]
Gorillaz - [I]Every album they’ve ever made including compilations[/I]
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere (and to a lesser extent The Odd Couple)
Fishbone - Fishbone and the Familyhood Nextperience Present: The Psychotic Friends Nuttwerx
Radiohead - Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief, In Rainbows
Cake - Comfort Eagle
The Strokes - Is This It?, Room On Fire (yea I like(d) them, big whoop, wanna fight about it?)
Muse - Origin of Symmetry, Absolution
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head (yea I like this album, big whoop, wanna fight about it?)

I can’t go without reminding everybody of my thoughts on Radiohead.

This about sums it up:

I can't go without reminding everybody of my thoughts on Radiohead.

This about sums it up:

I hope you strapped up…

I was not sure if I could come up with ten but much to my suprise I did. Most of my choices are a little more mainstream than most of what I have seen so far.
In no particular order:
Audioslave - Out of Exile
Beastie Boys - To the Five Boroughs
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo Burning Star IV (this one may be my favorite)
Dropkick Murphy’s - Sing Loud Sing Proud
Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music
Killers - Hot Fuss
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
White Stripes - Both Icky Thump and Elephant because I can’t really decide which one I like better
Tool - 10,000 Days

Honorable Mentions go to Green Day - American Idiot, Chickenfoot, Wolfmother, and The Dead Weather

#10, Snow Patrol, Final Straw
#9, Deer Tick, War Elephant
#8, Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
#7, Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes
#6, Outkast, Stankonia
#5, Radiohead, Hail to the Thief
#4, Yeah, Yeah Yeahs- Fever to Tell
#3, Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend
#2, MGMT-Oracular Spectacular
#1 The Killers, Hot Fuss

In chronological order from early 2000s to late 2000s:

The Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
Stankonia - OutKast
The Blueprint - Jay-Z
By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Elephant - White Stripes
Get Born - JET
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Long Road Out Of Eden - Eagles
Graduation - Kanye West
In Rainbows - Radiohead
Dig Out Your Soul - Oasis

#6, Outkast, Stankonia
I didn't realize Stankonia came out this decade. Def gotta add that to my list. I almost might like it more than The Love Below, but TLB has too much sentimental value lol.

[QUOTE=49or bust;434902]I didn’t realize Stankonia came out this decade. Def gotta add that to my list. I almost might like it more than The Love Below, but TLB has too much sentimental value lol.[/QUOTE]

Came out in 2000. I had to look it up myself as I was unsure of the release date.

[QUOTE=jfickett;434763]some of my favorites thusfar off the top of my head at 4 am in alphabetical order:

After The Burial - Rareform
As Blood Runs Black - Allegiance
August Burns Red - Constellations
August Burns Red - Messengers
August Burns Red - Thrill Seeker
Between The Buried And Me - Alaska
Between The Buried And Me - Colors
Between The Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Born of Osiris - A Higher Place
Born of Osiris - The New Reign
Enter Shakiri - Common Dreads
Every Time I Die - Gutter Phenomenon
Every Time I Die - Hot Damn!
Every Time I Die - Last Night In Town
He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood
Iron and Wine - The Creek Drank the Cradle
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
My Hero Is Me - The Crywolf Broadcast
My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
Parkway Drive - Horizons
Parkway Drive - Killing With a Smile
Protest the Hero - Fortress
Protest the Hero - Kezia
The Devil Wears Prada - Plagues
The Devil Wears Prada - With Roots Above and Branches Below
Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance
Veil of Maya - The Common Man’s Collapse
Within the Ruins - Creature[/QUOTE]

if they’re off the top of your head why did you alphabetize them

[QUOTE=Sideshow;434906]if they’re off the top of your head why did you alphabetize them[/QUOTE]

He thinks in alphabetical order.

LOL… PB- did you actually question the “music snob” comment… This place is full of them.

[QUOTE=s9er;434908]LOL… PB- did you actually question the “music snob” comment… This place is full of them.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I was just wondering why listing your favorite albums of the decade automatically makes you a snob. I think if you like music, especially non mainstream music these days, you’re automatically labelled a snob. Wouldn’t a snob be someone who looks down on someone else for what they listen to?

Also, I didn’t realize Stankonia came out this decade, and it’s probably one of my favorite albums of all time. I still like Aquemini better, both those are the best two Outkast albums.

I think if you like music, especially non mainstream music these days, you're automatically labelled a snob. Wouldn't a snob be someone who looks down on someone else for what they listen to?

Generally, if you like mainstream music, you get looked down on by people who are musically “in the know”. I’ve ran across it plenty of times.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;434929]Generally, if you like mainstream music, you get looked down on by people who are musically “in the know”. I’ve ran across it plenty of times.[/QUOTE]

Definitely don’t disagree, but I probably listen to the worst of the worst when it comes to mainstream music, so why would I judge anyone else?

Definitely don't disagree, but I probably listen to the worst of the worst when it comes to mainstream music, so why would I judge anyone else?

I never said you were looking down on people. We all know with your baggage you would be the last person to do such a thing.

I just remember back in college listening to some artists and thinking they were pretty decent, along with some friends, and then the group would make it big, and all the sudden nobody liked them b/c they were too mainstream.

Definitely don't disagree

How about you just agree?