Big Dance Grades

Rivals.com grades the tournament performances for the Top 7 basketball conferences:

[URL]http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Tournament-conference-grades-from-the-Big-East-;_ylt=AurOvxKHy9Bnz.SUfgTjaPjevbYF?urn=ncaab,150057[/URL]

acc gets a D :lmao:, a10 an A- :smile:

I wonder what the grades would have been like in the o.

[QUOTE]ACC actually seems more like an “enhanced” version of the A-10 or C-USA this year…only 2 teams (UNC, Duke) that deserved higher than #10 seeds…it’s pathetic that all 4 ACC 1st rd losses were UPSETS, their squads all being higher seeds.
Better to give a 4th A-10 or 2nd C-USA team a shot rather than perennial chokers like Clemson, or an overrated BC[/QUOTE]
:thumbsup:

We have all had questions/concerns/problems with the A10 at times. But, the perception outside of this state (and of course this board) is that there are many other good conferences. It’s not just the acc. Articles like this will never show up in any of our local papers.

Now, if we could get off the mat and be an a10 winner like we all thought we would be…

I wonder if I should enjoy the fact that Clemson has become known as “perennial chokers”? They actually played us in Halton, which is more than we can say for the rest of those pansies in the ACC. But many of their fans are insufferable jerks.

Too late, I’m enjoying it. :biggrin:

I give clemson credit. Actually, clemson is someone I wont hate on, simply because they didnt punk out on their promise to return a game after we owned them in their own hose.

I give clemson credit. Actually, clemson is someone I wont hate on, simply because they didnt punk out on their promise to return a game after we owned them in their own hose.
I'm sure the huge buyout had more to do with that than their character.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;395404]I give clemson credit. Actually, clemson is someone I wont hate on, simply because [B]they didnt punk out on their promise to return a game after we owned them in their own house[/B].[/QUOTE]

This.

Actually, I go out of my way to mention that to Clemson fans. It usually leads to mutual respect. They know they got beat once and squeaked one out here to a bad Niner team.

Now only if their fans hadnt stolen my flag.

I didnt like that particular flag, but it still peeves me.

Duke & Chapel Hill make everyone else in the ACC look a lot better than they actually are, this is nothing new.

its hard for me to laugh since we are no longer playing.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;395558]its hard for me to laugh since we are no longer playing.[/QUOTE]

You’re putting too much thought into it.

The ACC (outside of two schools) sucks, have a good laugh and move on.

[QUOTE=CMack124;395560]You’re putting too much thought into it.

The ACC (outside of two schools) sucks, have a good laugh and move on.[/QUOTE]

im trying to but its hard. i am overly optimistic about next season though.

Some stuff I’ve read today. First is from the blog of Kevin McNamara, sportswriter for the Providence Journal:

BOSTON - The media sessions for the Eastern Regional in Boston have begun. Xavier coach Sean Miller and a few of his players have just wrapped up their interviews. Pittsburgh, X's opponent tomorrow night, is next.

The overwhelming thought after listening to Miller is how dominant his program has been in the Atlantic 10 and how the Musketeers have transcended the conference. This is a national program, even if most of the players come from the Midwest.

Xavier has been in three Sweet 16’s in six years and two Elite 8’s in 5 years. That’s a lot of winning. The next logical move is the Final Four. Not sure if this is the Xavier team that can do it, however. Pittsburgh is a very tough matchup and to bounce back and try to beat Duke or Villanova on Saturday is a tall order.

Link: Projo.com

And then this from Rick Majerus via the blog of Tom Timmerman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

SLU coach Rick Majerus has often complained about the travel involved with SLU being in the Atlantic 10, a league where the closest opponent is Dayton and where all the other teams are in the Eastern time zone.

But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like the league.

I was talking to him on Tuesday and I was asking him about the NCAA tournament loading up on teams from BCS conferences rather than smaller leagues like the A-10 (I forget the exact word I used), and he launched into a defense of the league:

”Our league is better than any of them,” he said, referring to non-BCS leagues. “There are four better in my opinion: The Big Ten, Big East, I’d say the Big 12 is better this year and it’s a toss up with the Big 10. We’re better than the SEC and Pac-10. Now, there are prejudices invovlved in that, but irrefutably we’re the seventh best. We got three teams in. And we could have had a fourth. Rhode Island was a viable option.”

Based on RPIs, the A-10 was seventh best, at least in the last numbers I saw.

What’s the difference in those leagues? “Money, marketing,” he said. “Everything in life is weighted toward money and power. There’s a Big Ten network. There isn’t an Atlantic 10 network.”

Link: STLToday.com

BTW, I’m sure Majerus meant to include the ACC in his top 4 leagues and either mis-spoke or Timmerman mis-typed!

Yeah, Big 11 twice?

I love A10 basketball (being from the Philly-area and all) and I love to watch them beat up on teams that didn’t deserve to be in in the tournament in the first place (especially just b/c they’re BCS teams…that means you BC)
-The A10 is a good league guys…It’s A LOT better than what CUSA is now as well…so don’t give me that argument.
-What do you want to lose to Memphis twice, and then play nobody else?
-(Minus football) it’s a very solid basketball conference (essentially) from top-to-bottom.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;395565]Yeah, Big 11 twice?[/QUOTE]
Most likely that was RM mis-speaking. His mouth has gotten him in trouble with the league office more than once this season, though I haven’t seen any numbers on how much lighter his wallet is after all the public pronouncements on A-10 officiating! :tongue:

I wonder if I should enjoy the fact that Clemson has become known as "perennial chokers"? They actually played us in Halton, which is more than we can say for the rest of those pansies in the ACC. But many of their fans are insufferable jerks.

Too late, I’m enjoying it. :biggrin:

I’ve said for years that WF is the most over hyped program in the country.

[QUOTE=Normmm;395575]I’ve said for years that WF is the most over hyped program in the country.[/QUOTE]
Ditto Gonzaga and maybe even more on a national scale.

Maybe no one cares about ACC up north, hence no mention?