Blake Griffin vs Kevin Love

Go!

BG, no contest.

I couldn’t find a spot to vote for chris braswell.

I’ll take Blake Griffin every single time, but Love is a beast. Watching him at UCLA, I had no idea he had this type of production in him at the next level.

My thoughts exactly on both counts. No one had any clue KL would be this much of a monster.

My thoughts exactly on both counts. No one had any clue KL would be this much of a monster.[/quote]

I’m very impressed with KL, but I don’t see room for growth. He’s gonna be an all-star for most of his career, but I think BG could enter the conversation for top 5 player in the league.

BG, but that’s a testament to Griffin and not an indictment of Love.

My thoughts exactly on both counts. No one had any clue KL would be this much of a monster.[/quote]

I’m very impressed with KL, but I don’t see room for growth. He’s gonna be an all-star for most of his career, but I think BG could enter the conversation for top 5 player in the league.[/quote]

Love’s averaging 25 pts and 15 rebs. Where do you want him to grow?

Honestly, when you compare productivity it will probably be a wash. It seems to me that Griffin is completely dependent on athleticism. Very little offensive skill set. Sometimes that athletic prowess will out weigh skill set(see Shaq). But I’m not sure I trust it in crunch time or for a career. For that reason I picked Love. His shooting out weighs Griffin’s athleticism for me.

Love is going to be Dave Cowens (which is great new for whom ever Love is playing for)… But Griffin is dymanic to the point there aren’t alot of comps.

Cowens’ is an excellent comparison. Nice job!

I think Griffin could very well be Shawn Kemp or Amare Stoudemire.

I’m very impressed with KL, but I don’t see room for growth. He’s gonna be an all-star for most of his career, but I think BG could enter the conversation for top 5 player in the league.[/quote]

Love’s averaging 25 pts and 15 rebs. Where do you want him to grow?

Honestly, when you compare productivity it will probably be a wash. It seems to me that Griffin is completely dependent on athleticism. Very little offensive skill set. Sometimes that athletic prowess will out weigh skill set(see Shaq). But I’m not sure I trust it in crunch time or for a career. For that reason I picked Love. His shooting out weighs Griffin’s athleticism for me. [/quote]

Um…BG has a great midrange jumper.

Cowens’ is an excellent comparison. Nice job!

I think Griffin could very well be Shawn Kemp or Amare Stoudemire.[/quote]

Kemp is hard to comapre to… Anyone who can average 1.27 Illegitimate Babies Made per season is a level above.

[quote=“Normmm, post:8, topic:26232”]Love’s averaging 25 pts and 15 rebs. Where do you want him to grow?

Honestly, when you compare productivity it will probably be a wash. It seems to me that Griffin is completely dependent on athleticism. Very little offensive skill set. Sometimes that athletic prowess will out weigh skill set(see Shaq). But I’m not sure I trust it in crunch time or for a career. For that reason I picked Love. His shooting out weighs Griffin’s athleticism for me. [/quote]

I want him to get his points with less shots. 43% for a PF is not very good. Even if you factor in 3 point percentage as worth 1.5 FGs, Griffin has a better effective shooting percentage. You could point out Love rebounds better, and he does, but Griffin dishes out more assists. So much for Love’s reputation as a passer?

As for the athleticism thing. I’ve seen him shoot jumpers and hit them routinely, but why do that when you can just blow by people and dunk on them?

[quote=“NLP, post:13, topic:26232”][quote=“Normmm, post:8, topic:26232”]Love’s averaging 25 pts and 15 rebs. Where do you want him to grow?

I want him to get his points with less shots. 43% for a PF is not very good. Even if you factor in 3 point percentage as worth 1.5 FGs, Griffin has a better effective shooting percentage. You could point out Love rebounds better, and he does, but Griffin dishes out more assists. So much for Love’s reputation as a passer?

As for the athleticism thing. I’ve seen him shoot jumpers and hit them routinely, but why do that when you can just blow by people and dunk on them?[/quote]

BG has a better jumper than KLove anyway. Blake is a better defender too. He’s just an all around better player with a higher ceiling.

Boris Diaw :stuck_out_tongue:

Neither played well last night offensively but K Love did hit a game-winning three so I need to recognize.

Round 1: Love

I’ll take Love anyday, he already relies on “old man game” now and his game will sustain at a high level well into his 30’s, heck he probably only get’s better because he will have a decade of practicing his old man game skills by that time while Griffin will have to try to transition.
Most athletes that dominate with their athletic ability start to fade hard in their 30’s. I could still see Love being a top 25 type player while he is pushing 40 barring injury, and that’s no joke. The way Griffin throws himself around he’s bound to hurt himself a few more times.

If I’m picking one guy to win games right now I go with Love but I think BG has a higher ceiling for the future.

That being said, I would worry about Griffin being hurt more than I would love based on the game he plays- but there is really no way to foresee that.

Bump.

After last season Love clearly separated himself from Griffin. Love’s numbers are dismal so far this year. Granted, he was hurt in the preseason and missed games but his numbers have declined from late November through December.

For StillJonesing:

Love’s PER 18.36
Griffin’s PER 23.39
Stiemsma’s PER 7.34 (wat)

In addition to the injuries, I think KLove hit the reality that they still aren’t very good. He wants out. You might be seeing him in the Celtic green. They need a rebounder bad.