Bob Dylan in Halton

Yes…it’s happening October 14th…!!

Let me guess…it’s fall break and then Halton won’t get any more decent concerts because “nobody ever shows up”

All sarcasm aside, I’m not a huge fan of Bob Dylan (I know, I know) but this sounds like a great opportunity for us to become a potential concert venue for Charlotte…

[quote=“spartyniner, post:2, topic:23922”]Let me guess…it’s fall break and then Halton won’t get any more decent concerts because “nobody ever shows up”

All sarcasm aside, I’m not a huge fan of Bob Dylan (I know, I know) but this sounds like a great opportunity for us to become a potential concert venue for Charlotte…[/quote]

Nope… the Thursday after fall break.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:3, topic:23922”][quote=“spartyniner, post:2, topic:23922”]Let me guess…it’s fall break and then Halton won’t get any more decent concerts because “nobody ever shows up”

All sarcasm aside, I’m not a huge fan of Bob Dylan (I know, I know) but this sounds like a great opportunity for us to become a potential concert venue for Charlotte…[/quote]

Nope… the Thursday after fall break.[/quote]

Good to know :slight_smile: Do “traditional” college students give a rip about seeing Bob Dylan? Honest question… I mean, I love some of the classic rock & there are several people/groups I would see, but even if I was in town Bob Dylan wouldn’t be one of them… just my 2 cents as usual.

Problem is (as ACL Fest goers know and can attest) that Bob Dylan died around 7-10 years ago and his corpse plays these concerts.

I’m almost 30 and couldn’t name you 1 Bob Dylan song.

“Like a rolling stone”
“blowin in the wind”
“All Along the Watchtower”
“Rainy Day Women”
“tangled up in blue”

“Like a rolling stone”
“blowin in the wind”
“Rainy Day Women”
“tangled up in blue”[/quote]Mr Tambourine Man

“Like a rolling stone”
“blowin in the wind”
“Rainy Day Women”
“tangled up in blue”[/quote]Mr Tambourine Man[/quote]
Mr. Bojangle
Hurricane
Quinn the Eskimo
Lay Lady Lay
Isis

nope, not ringing a bell.

All Along the Watchtower doesn’t ring a bell?

Seriously?

Ok, fine, Knocking on Heaven’s Door. You know that one.

Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall is my fav. Not sure that’s the official title, though

The times they are a changin’ from the opening of The Watchmen

Watchmen intro

Seriously?

Ok, fine, Knocking on Heaven’s Door. You know that one.[/quote]

I know those songs, just by different artists.

Seriously?

Ok, fine, Knocking on Heaven’s Door. You know that one.[/quote]

I know those songs, just by different artists.[/quote]

Most of his stuff was done by other artists. Great song writer. Singer? not so much. Kinda like Kris Kristofferson in that aspect.

how can we get tickets

You can get them now with the pre-sale code “49ers”

http://www.bobdylan.com/#/tour

Bob Dylan is great at writing songs… for other people.

you guys are crazy. Bob Dylan is awesome. But he’s always had a rough voice and I can’t imagine it has aged well.

I’m not a big Bob Dylan fan, but if you can’t name a single Bob Dylan song you’re musically lame.