Bobby Lutz hired by Ole Miss Associate AD Men’s Basketball

Realize Lutz isn’t involved in recruiting - at least not directly - but see that the Niners and Ole Miss are pursuing the same 2022 player:

Agree. Lutz could not reel in a floundering team during a game. Plenty of “Good Lord” games, but he also had plenty of shock the world wins. We have had such bad basketball players and coaching since Lutz left, that his performance seems elevated in comparison. Probably rightly so, as Lutz could do much better than his replacements and he IS a hard-earned NINER Great

The AD is doing so many great things. Next, they need to reach out to Lutz and make amends. He is a great 49er and needs to be recognized and accepted for his success. I would like to see him back on campus and part of our alumni/fan group; perhaps even more.

2 Likes

The previous Chancellor did not handle Lutz appropriately from what I understand.

2 Likes

Would he even consider coming back for any reason, assuming he’s asked in a manner Lutz is ok with? From my position of not having any inside information, I don’t see it happening.

I would like to see Lutz recognized at Homecoming game in person, so that 15,000 can give him a Forty Niner chant if appreciation

2 Likes

THIS!!!

Yes he certainly would.

Bobby !!! Lutz!!! Chant would be epic.

1 Like

Kentucky basketball to retire jersey in honor of Tubby Smith during game vs. High Point in December

The situation is different from what Lutz experienced, but similar. Tubby actually left on his own to go to Minnesota, but the KY fans were pushing him out the door. It looks like everybody has said “bygones”, and are making amends.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure where to put this but I figured maybe this would maybe be a good place. I was looking at the temple forums just to get ideas about how they felt about us sharing a conference again. needless to say they weren’t happy but whatever. anyway I did notice one person complementing lutz as a decent coach that kept the bball program pretty competitive in the A-10. but immediately that was followed by people saying he was a notorious cheater. that was a first I ever read anything about the guy being a dirty cheat. losing his edge sure but the rumor of the guy of being a cheater was first for me and I have no idea how that reputation could have started around other schools.

Yeah, there is zero truth to that.

Never heard anything specific along those lines…but he did get some pretty good players to come here. However, it was an easier sell when we were playing Cincy, Louisville, Memphis & Marquette twice per year.

Would it surprise me to learn that he had pushed the envelope and grayed the lines in recruiting…no. Could have been a reason he fell out of favor with the Administration…which did happen.

Either way. Don’t care. His legacy here is legendary and if he did operate in some gray area without getting in trouble to accomplish what he did here. . good for him. Wish others had the balls to do whatever he did to be successful here. Whatever it was.

Please do not go there. Bobby Lutz has the integrity few have. That’s an implication that should never be made. I’m sure it was unintentional but this is how bad rumors get started.

3 Likes

I would love nothing more than looking up in the football suite and seeing Bobby Lutz. If the AD wants to further unify Niner Naton, reach out to Bobby and bring him back into the university. He bleeds green, well respected in our community, and a great ambassador. After all, he is an alumnus. He would be met by the fan base with open arms.

3 Likes

Bobby was willing to get some guys that other schools were not. He operated in the grey area some and that is part of what made him and Judy oil and water. But Cheater? Hell no.

Charlotte has done the opposite of cheating for a long time.

5 Likes

Yep, all you need to see is Rodney White. We took him when he was a hands off guy to other programs but there’s nothing illegal about that. Wish we could land a dude like him again.

1 Like

clt says Rodney White is an entrepreneur

1 Like

Rothstein tabs Ole Miss as his sleeper pick in the SEC: