Bobby or Matt

If this was used as leverage it sorta backfired on him, instead of eveyone begging for him to stay, a lot of fans were trying to push him out the door. So maybe he will change his gameplan and style and go to an inside first attack, and teach a few really good defenses instead of trying to confuse teams by changing defenses, when in reality our team is the only one confused.

[b]I just hope that Bobby's interest (interviewing) at UT was strictly a leverage move and not because he truly wanted to coach at a bigger school. [/b]

Leverage for what though? Itā€™s not like the athletic department is rolling in money and just being stingy when it comes to writing a check. Itā€™s not like the fans didnā€™t embrace him and the team when he asked us too (although he shouldnā€™t have had to).

[b]If that's not the case, then it will come across as him settling for us after not being hired at UT. [/b]

Agree. It will also let us know that he will leave when the opportunity arises.

[b]He learned that his style of play with no defense and a renegade offense won't win in March.[/b]

I hope youā€™re right PI but heā€™s been doing the same thing with the same results for years now - Iā€™m not holding my breath heā€™s got it.

[b]He learned that he is not as hot an item as he thinks he is and he learned that he is no longer as popular at Charlotte as he may have once been.[/b]

Couldnā€™t agree more - he has lost a lot of popularity. I for one donā€™t plan on wearing my ā€œGot Lutzā€ shirt next year.

[QUOTE]So maybe he will change his gameplan and style and go to an inside first attack, and teach a few really good defenses instead of trying to confuse teams by changing defenses, when in reality our team is the only one confused.

Too funny and sooooo true. I like the old Bear Bryant principle: K.I.S.Sā€¦Keep it simple, stupid!

Bobby. If he leaves, Matt would definately be my top candidate.

How many coaches really change all that much at this level?
Does anyone really see Bobby changes his offensive or defensive philosophy save hiring a defense-oriented assistant?