Bobcats Suck

OK:

What have the Bobcats done well?

Okafor is getting paid top center coin, he isn’t a top center- he is solid. Good rebounder, average offensive game, has way too many shots blocked.

Felton is not good. He may be a starting PG in the league, but that start would only be on a few squads. Got abused by Daniel Gibson last night.

May is a fat sack of fat. That entire draft is horrible, deciding not to package the two picks (which they had options) to move up has proven a bad idea- and picking May over Granger was just as bad.

Richardson is solid- Wallace is solid. Them and Okafor are the only guys who would be in the rotation for a playoff team

Carroll is making 6 mill per year and he wouldn’t get 3 minutes a game playing on any team in the West.

Morrison- bad pick. Brandon Roy

Jared Dudley has been the ony good draft pick they have made. Okafor was a no brainer (wish Orlando had taken him- Howard is a beast). You don’t need a HR with every pick, base hits work fine- The BCats keep whiffing.

The organization is horrbily run with no direction. The team isn’t good yet they don’t have any salary cap room. Nar Mohammad, Richardson, Wallcae, Carroll, Okafor all have big deals. The bang for the buck isn’t even close to being fair. Other than civic pride, there is no reason for the city to get behind the team. No city wants to have the joke of the NBA playing in its arena. .

cibik, getting a hair (no pun intended) off track here, but Morrison DID shave off the lions mane. And he grew a little goatee to balance out the stache. He actually looks somewhat normal now. Just had to throw that out there since you made the comment about him needing to chop off all the hair.

I’m with ballin, Augustin is a serious talent. Dude can get to the rim, dish, and shoot. Once he gets more comfortable in Larry’s system, he will be dangerous.

I've been up since 5am and am a few beers in,

Edit: By the way, Felton is a legit NBA starting pg: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3931/career;_ylt=Ah4yTZShBRCWsjgl61lWO34cPaB4
Dude has the #s to back it up. Yeah May is a joke, but Felton can play.

The beers are talking. He is a below average starting PG. 39% shooting doesn’t get it done. He is basically the equivalent of Speedy Claxton, but Speedy was hardly a starter.

As for Sean May…a donut from the field…what a coincidence.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;355377]The next Chris Paul? Haha, anyway, I’ll save you a spot on the DJ Augustin bandwagon, in the near future it will be full and you’ll be wanting on.

I love the fact that everyone and their brother judges players on their one game, real original.

The Lopez twins? I would rather have Jason or Jarron Collins.

Oh, and please use the ENTER key next time, that was hell to read.[/QUOTE]

I am the king of the run on sentance… err paragraph. Jason and Jarron are far less athletic than the Lopez twins, the only similarity is they both went to Stanford. You’re right however, give it some time. I was just saying this team dosen’t have much of a post roster and never has, as evidenced by playing Wallace at PF. I think brown is a great coach but any coach would be frustrated. It would be more prudent to revisit mid-season. I just wish we had another serviceable big man, and I know, so does half the league.

He is a below average starting PG. 39% shooting doesn't get it done. He is basically the equivalent of Speedy Claxton, but Speedy was hardly a starter.

As for Sean May…a donut from the field…what a coincidence.

Over 7 assists per game and a lot of steals. If he went anywhere other than UNC, you all would be fans. Yeah he gets out of control sometimes, but the guy can score and dishes the ball very effectively.

Over 7 assists per game and a lot of steals. If he went anywhere other than UNC, you all would be fans. Yeah he gets out of control sometimes, but the guy can score and dishes the ball very effectively.

I have nothing against Felton regarding him going to UNC. I thought he was a good player, but a bit overrated out of college.

If you compare stats per 36 minutes (the best way to compare a starter to a non-starter)…

Felton’s career #s are: 13.9 points/game, 39.5% shooting, 6.9 assists, 2.7 turnovers, 1.4 steals.

Claxton’s career #s are: 13 points/game, 40.9% shooting, 6.1 assists, 2.4 turnovers, 2.1 steals.

So basically my point was Felton would be a very good backup PG, but he is not starting material.

In addition, if he didn’t go to UNC-CH and win a national title, he would have been selected in the late teens of the first round instead of the top 5.

I just watched the ESPN.com highlights from the game and they didn’t show us scoring once. And the only quarter that we won, the third, they said that Cleveland dominated. If you’re a Bobcats fan, that was more depressing than this thread.

The top 2 plays of the top 10 were Cleveland dunks.

Watched most of the 1st half and I will try to be nice about Bob’s Cats.

No ifs, ands or buts about it…Sean May sucks. If he deserves an NBA contract, then so do I.

Okafor? Still would argue that the lack of a servicable power forward (with #50 at center) or a servicable center (with #50 at power forward) makes him looks a lot worse than he really is. With May in the starting lineup, they are starting as 4 players vs. 5 players. Okafor never will be Dwight Howard, but to be fair, swap those 2 players right now and Howard’s stats don’t look nearly as good as they do in Orlando.

Felton? Looks real good some nights, looks useless some nights. By the end of this season, I think Augustin will be the starting PG.

Coach Larry has a lot of work to do…by the end of the season, the team will be better than last year’s load of crap, but they are still 2-3 NBA-style players away from competing for a playoff spot.

Bobcats organization?..they need to establish some continuity. If Jerry Richardson ran his team like the Bobcats have far, I have doubts if the Panthers would’ve been to the playoffs yet. Between the off-court and on-court people, for whatever reason, there too damn much turnover. Seems like the team changes their marketing strategies every time the wind blows.

At the end of last season, a Bobcats employee told me of significant changes in jerseys and logos for the 08-09 season. Now, all they’ve done is change the center court logo. Why the hell were they talking about it 6 months ago and now…nothing.

I want to give the team and organization the benefit of the doubt and give them my support…but they’ve making it damn hard.

They were only like 5 games out of the 8th spot last year with that team.

[QUOTE=wayton5646;355476]They were only like 5 games out of the 8th spot last year with that team.[/QUOTE]

sorry, not impressed by that stat. Because of this stat:

The Pacers were 1 game out of 8th last year.
The Nets were 3 games out of 8th last year.
The Bulls were 4 games out of 8th last year.

That 8th playoff spot was further away than people think.

The 49ers were closer to getting the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference than we were getting an At large bid to the dance.

typical charlotte sports fan.

go home, the bobcats don’t need fans like you. give em some time. maybe just a little more than one game at least, huh?

yes they do…at least the guy cares…

nobody gives a flip about this team, even hardcore sports fans hate the team

I want to give the team and organization the benefit of the doubt and give them my support..........but they've making it damn hard.

the organization is a joke: absent owner, absent gm, too many UNCCH guys, jerked us around with cset, etc etc etc.

I remember when the Hornets were on the road, me and my dad would often scream at the game over the radio…

last night driving home from my softball game, I heard the game on the air, and had no desire to listen. Thru my ipod on.

Morrison- bad pick. Brandon Roy .

sometimes I think they took Morrison because he’s white…thought it would be good PR… in light of the BET feel at games.

Thru my ipod on.

I hope you didn’t drive with earbuds in.

I hope you didn't drive with earbuds in.
negative....aux jack in Dodge's baby
sometimes I think they took Morrison because he's white...thought it would be good PR

I kind of agree, it was defintely why they took Kirk Haston out of Indiana back in the 2001 Draft. (The 00-01 Hornets were the only NBA team without a white player on their roster. During that off-season there were grumblings that the fan base was put off by that fact, so Haston was drafted, and Matt Bullard and Bryce Drew were also added in the off season.)

I was torn on the Morrison pick. I thought he would be good, I just thought Roy had more NBA style game.

negative....aux jack in Dodge's baby

Way to stay safe.