Bobcats Suck

[QUOTE=s9er;355502]I was torn on the Morrison pick. I thought he would be good, I just thought Roy had more NBA style game.[/QUOTE]

AT THE TIME, the choice of Morrison or Roy was a toss up to me.

Knew Roy was better all-around player.

But I grossly underestimated Morrison’s defensive skillset…I thought he do something on the defensive end of the court.

oh well. live & learn.

AT THE TIME, the choice of Morrison or Roy was a toss up to me.

Knew Roy was better all-around player.

But I grossly underestimated Morrison’s defensive skillset…I thought he do something on the defensive end of the court.

oh well. live & learn.

Same here.

Agreeed again… I thought he’d do enough in D that it wouldn’t be an issue… Not so much.

If you really look at the roster, the team is 1 excellent PG away from being really good.

What a Jason Kidd and an uptempo offense would do for a roster like this.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;355552]If you really look at the roster, the team is 1 excellent PG away from being really good.

What a Jason Kidd and an uptempo offense would do for a roster like this.[/QUOTE]

Need a good PF- May sucks, Nazr is a bit player and Dudley is a great 6th or 7th man. Wallace can’t be the 4 again, he gets too beat up. Wallace and Richardson and Okafor would look a hell of a lot better with someone like a Rasheed Wallace (he is a douche but he can play and he was very available)

Wallace and Richardson and Okafor would look a hell of a lot better with someone like a Rasheed Wallace (he is a douche but he can play and he was very available)

But, but , but… HE WENT TO UNC!!! Ohh nooooooooo whaaaaaa :weep:

I agree 100%. Rasheed would have been a GREAT fit for this team. The people who bitch about UNC players being on the team don’t come to games anyways, so I actually wouldnt worry about it aleinating more fans.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;355559]But, but , but… HE WENT TO UNC!!! Ohh nooooooooo whaaaaaa :weep:

I agree 100%. Rasheed would have been a GREAT fit for this team. The people who bitch about UNC players being on the team don’t come to games anyways, so I actually wouldnt worry about it aleinating more fans.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I thought Brandon Wright was a great pick- turns out he needs a bunch more seasoning… Sheed would have brought energy and a bit of pub with him- I’d like to watch him play- he is a great fit for Okafor b/c he draws the other 4 way out to cover the 3. The Narz trade was bad, I liked Herrman and now that bad contract is on the books. The Vincent hire was bad.

Bobcats’ Dream Team

PG - Raymond Felton & Jeff McGinnis
SG - Vince Carter & Jerry Stackhouse
SF - Marvin Williams & Rashad McCants
PF - Antoine Jamison & Sean May
C - Rasheed Wallace & Brenda Haywood
Coach - Larry Brown
GM - Michael Jordan
TV Analyst - Hubert Davis
Official Sponsor - Wal-Mart

I could care less where the Bobcat players played in college…this isn’t college anymore. I never thought Felton was a bad PG, but I just don’t think he fits well on the Bobcats team. He is a pretty solid pg and 14 ppg/7 apg isn’t bad at all. I think they could use another big man that is over 6’10. I think Brown will get them playing well as the year goes on, just gotta give them time.

[QUOTE=swilson47;355274]typical charlotte sports fan.

our teams here in charlotte are young and this is why charlotte sports teams don’t have good fan bases. everyone here hass either relocated from another city and therefore has their own team from there, or they haven’t learned how to be a true fan yet, since our teams are still young.

go home, the bobcats don’t need fans like you. give em some time. maybe just a little more than one game at least, huh?[/QUOTE]

I’m not basing my comments solely on tonights game. I watch a ton of NBA, and was a diehard hornets fan, who hated the ownership like everyone else. But come on. You cant seriously thing the Bobcats are gonna be good, or have any hope of being good in the forseable future. Okafor is ok, but the dude is not a franchise player, and got franchise player money. Im sorry if you guys definition of being a loyal fan is to accept crap, but thats just not me. I want more and expect more. Look how bad the Hawks were, and how their turned things around. How did they do it, by bringing in TALENT. No reason the Cats cant do the same thing. The problem is, there is very litte talent on their team.

I'm not basing my comments solely on tonights game. I watch a ton of NBA, and was a diehard hornets fan, who hated the ownership like everyone else. But come on. You cant seriously thing the Bobcats are gonna be good, or have any hope of being good in the forseable future. Okafor is ok, but the dude is not a franchise player, and got franchise player money. Im sorry if you guys definition of being a loyal fan is to accept crap, but thats just not me. I want more and expect more. Look how bad the Hawks were, and how their turned things around. How did they do it, by bringing in TALENT. No reason the Cats cant do the same thing. The problem is, there is very litte talent on their team.

Hey fairweather9er, did you watch tonight’s game?

cats 100…heat 87
Wallace -34 Beasley-25
Okafor-18 Haslem-16
J-rich-23 Wade-19

cats 100...............heat 87 Wallace -34 Beasley-25 Okafor-18 Haslem-16 J-rich-23 Wade-19

But… but… but… the Bobcats suck! They have a player on their team who went to UNC! They sometimes play hiphop music at their games! I dont like their team name! Whhhaaaaa :weep:

[SIZE=4]SHUT UP HATERS!!! GREAT WIN BOBCATS!!![/SIZE]

What is up with Carroll getting a coaches DNP?? That can’t be a good sign. I hope he doesn’t get stuck on the bench- that is a ton of cap space to be dressing in warm ups.

[QUOTE=s9er;356200]What is up with Carroll getting a coaches DNP?? That can’t be a good sign. I hope he doesn’t get stuck on the bench- that is a ton of cap space to be dressing in warm ups.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that. Kinda think something is up with the Bobcats on the player movement front. Maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but I think/hope/pray that May does not get listed on the active Bobcat roster ever again.

To get someone of quality to fill the hole that May leaves in the lineup, there is likely gonna have someone else going with May.

The Bobcats had an opportunity vs. Miami to get away with playing a smaller lineup, since Mohommed sat too.

Billups and McDyess missed shootaround today(going to Denver for Iverson, it appears). Perhaps they can catch another break vs. Detroit tonight.

If I was Jordan, I would pay a team to take Sean May off my hands.

Great, good to hear it about the win, but we do waste some picks on either no big men or terrible big men. I’ve said it once and i’ll say it again, may loves sitting on the bench like a fat kid loves cake, and he also loves cake and would probably eat a fat kid too.

Charlotte Bobcats status date
Sean May Day-to-Day Nov 2
Comment: May, as expected, was inactive for the Bobcats home opener on Saturday against Miami. Head coach Larry Brown added that May would be out until "he’s in the shape to play as well as he’s capable of.

Not only is it pathetic that espn includes the comment as expected in may’s diagnosis but Larry Brown’s comments translated out of coachspeak seem to say, “he will resume his role on the bench until he is no longer a fat slob, or at least he is a middle-weight slob who plays as well as a gravy-kneed slob can.”

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;355568]Bobcats’ Dream Team

PG - Raymond Felton & Jeff McGinnis
SG - Vince Carter & Jerry Stackhouse
SF - Marvin Williams & Rashad McCants
PF - Antoine Jamison & Sean May
C - Rasheed Wallace & Brenda Haywood
Coach - Larry Brown
GM - Michael Jordan
TV Analyst - Hubert Davis
Official Sponsor - Wal-Mart[/QUOTE]

Hell give me that team, serious talent, of course, McMinus & May don’t deserve a NBDL contract, much less a NBA contract.

[QUOTE=s9er;356200]What is up with Carroll getting a coaches DNP?? That can’t be a good sign. I hope he doesn’t get stuck on the bench- that is a ton of cap space to be dressing in warm ups.[/QUOTE]

Matt has been my favorite player in the NBA ever since he joined the cats. I loved his game in college and was ecstatic when he joined the Bobcats. But, I do think that we are a little loaded per say in the backcourt and I trust Brown to play the best players.

After all, Brown’s the one who ran the lineup of Nate Robinson, David Lee, & Co. in NY after Francis & Marbury were pouting and Eddie Curry was garbage.

I went to the Bobcat game tonight. They we down by almost 20 when I left with 3 minutes left.

I have no idea what they will turn in for the official attendance, but the arena was less than 1/4 full.

that place looked EMPTY on tv. official attendance #s said 11,000ish.

right…

that place looked EMPTY on tv. official attendance #s said 11,000ish.

right…

11,000 my ass. The upper sections were in all practicality empty (I’m sure some fans snuck downstairs). The lower bowl was less than half full.

Maybe the 11,000 includes those people riding past the arena on light rail.