Bobcats Training Camp

BiscuitPants, we all appreciate your enthusiasm for the NBA (I’m glad someone actually does still follow it). Here’s a suggestion. Go to the Bobcat website message board if you want to discuss the Bobcats. That way, you may be able to find someone who actually gives a shit about the NBA.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ll go to a few games this year if I have absolutely nothing else to do and can get one of those $10 dollar seats (or are they $11 now) or buy a ticket outside for $5.

Regarding your dislike of Curt… I’ll agree that at times he maybe could have played with a little more enthusiasm (that A10 Tourney game immediately comes to mind). But he is a NINER, and he did elect to stay in Charlotte to play basketball rather than leave town and play for another school, and he was All-Conference more than once, and he did play all 4 years, etc, etc, etc. Get the picture?

yeah i could do that and i have…but isnt there a nba link among other pro sports available on this site? i go to uncc and love uncc…aside from the threat of being jumped and robbed outside my apt or around campus at night. but i like talking and know a lot about pro sports. the bobcats are a charlotte based team and figured they would have some support from a bunch of charlotte dudes that are knowledgable about bball. but i guess when they start winning like the panthers people will start coming out of the woodwork and jumping on the bobcats side. its kinda pathetic but its human nature i guess to want to be assosciated with a winning image.

other than uncc soccer, vball “brutas” or CFI talk…what else is there to talk about in here that is going on presently? i was just throwing out another topic.

and the curtis thing. i never said i didnt like him. im sure hes a great guy and he did put up great numbers, but i cant have an opinion about him and how he played? lol give me a break. im sure curtis isnt looking at the site so we dont have to worry about him getting mad and disowning the niner nation. its not just him that i would criticize if the oppurtunity becomes available. if deangelo or courtney for example do not work there butts off and show that they have one mission, to win, then i would get on them too. cmon niner nation…isnt that what we want most?

wins?

Okay, I went back to the begining of the post and I get it now. I don’t think you know the history of the Bobcats here in town Biscuit. Though I’m just plain not a fan of the NBA, a lot of people don’t care for the Bobcats in how they came into town and got their arena after it was voted against and stuff. Not sure if it holds true for others, but this light rail thing could run into the Bobcats’ arena and there would be a lot of happy people in Charlotte.

And by the way, if the Bobcats go into the tourney/post-season I will not turn around and change my story. Like Over40, I only go if I get the cheap seats and have nothing to do. With out knowing some of the history I’m sure it would make sense that there were more Bobcats fans here. Sorry…

Woodwork fans have always been bobcats fans… just dont want to spend money on a losing team.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;191912]Woodwork fans have always been bobcats fans… just dont want to spend money on a losing team.[/QUOTE]
I heard Bernie talking about post season this year for the worst team in the NBA last year… Last year the $10 seats were the best ones to sit in, cause you couldn’t really tell what was going on. Plus they made me feel really close when I was back in Halton…

well whatever they end up doing, they will be better than last year if they can stay healthy and that is a huge if. with the additions of morrison, herrmann and hollins and valuable experience for felton, may and okafor i predict 40-45 wins. cant forget that while playing in the east, everybody has a legit shot at getting the 6- 8 spots on the playoff board.

i predict 40-45 wins.

That’s a stretch. How many did they win last year?

[QUOTE=Noreaster;191951]That’s a stretch. How many did they win last year?[/QUOTE]

I am thinking they will win 30 to 35…maybe!

I want to like the Bobcats…I really do…I just have no interest in the NBA anymore.

I want to like the Bobcats....I really do......I just have no interest in the NBA anymore.

Same here. I just have no interest in it. Even in sports I don’t watch regularly, I still watch the postseason. I couldn’t even do that for the NBA last season. I couldn’t tell you who won. Not that I live in a hole, but I just don’t care.

well the new age limit for players should do the league some good. players skill will be honed more and these stupid players will be a tad bit more mature. ole david stern aint doin so bad

Well I am going to give the Cats another shot this season. They have a new marketing guy and hopefully he has figured out that the BET business model is not going to work here. I am also interested to see if Jordan does better here than he did in Washington. I have paid enough attention to know that I think not this year, but next year will be the year they make a serious move up the standings. Isn’t next summer they have a full cap available to them? I want to see if Bob Johnson is willing to spend the $ for a winner or if we have just another version of Shinn.

mj should be great for this team. he’ll bring that winning attitude that theyve lacked in the past. mj has stated that he is not here to be in a dog and pony show and to be thrown out into the spotlight to sell tickets. he is great friends with unc legend vince carter so i can see him trying to move him back to the carolinas after this season when he becomes a free agent. they are way under the salary cap and have room to make a huge splash. mike just has to convince johnson that itll be worth it.

no? yes? maybe?

If they spend anymore money on tarheels…I am giving em up for sure!!!

can’t argue with sucess. how many rings they workin with these days at chapel hill?

[QUOTE=BiscuitPants04;192243]can’t argue with sucess. how many rings they workin with these days at chapel hill?[/QUOTE]

Ah yes…I knew I pegged you for a front runner…

Yankees…check
Cowboys…check
Tarheels…check

He’s been a tarheel fan ever since I think he found out micheal jordan went there. As for Yankee’s, well he’s from NY. Cowboys… I dunno. THere is a story there, I cant remember, I’ll let him tell u that one.

But err… telling them ur fav. college football team… not a good idea… If I catch casstommy’s direction there

Ah yes....I knew I pegged you for a front runner.....

Yankees…check
Cowboys…check
Tarheels…check

so born and raised in new york should count for something and the educated indvidual knows that the yankees were one of if not the worst team inbaseball throughout the 80s and early 90s.

cowboys…yeah i can admit i started like them when i was a little kid when my dad would have the games on and when tryo and emmitt were doing there thing. but still loving them while they were terrible and standing up for an idiot like TO b/c hes on my team…cmon dude

tarheels…my cuzins and aunts went there and grew up watching them after i moved to wilmington, nc yes where mj use to live.

bobcats…yeah theyve done a lot of winning…an dno i did not like the bulls…new york knicks which is also a “solid” team

i dont know why i even explained myself but i guess the idiots need there’s too

He's been a tarheel fan ever since I think he found out micheal jordan went there. But err... telling them ur fav. college football team... not a good idea... If I catch casstommy's direction there

um…no

[QUOTE=BiscuitPants04;192267]

i dont know why i even explained myself [/QUOTE]

Me either