BP

We will miss Plav bad. Great year for him. We seem to be only as good as advertised when his shot is on. What to do next year??? Hell with it…i am still depressed.

De’angelo Alexander can make it from sitting in the front row of Halton. That’s even outside of Plav’s range I believe.

It will be interesting to see how we run offense next year, DA and Bennett are suppossed to both be capable shooters, but obviously Plav’s range is something rare. If Withers stays we will be a more talented team next year, and deeper. We are in fine shape for our first run in the A10. I hope the way we ended this season puts a HUGE chip on our returning guy’s shoulders, it definitely should.

[i]Originally posted by CMack124[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 07:55 PM [b] De'angelo Alexander can make it from sitting in the front row of Halton. That's even outside of Plav's range I believe.

It will be interesting to see how we run offense next year, DA and Bennett are suppossed to both be capable shooters, but obviously Plav’s range is something rare. If Withers stays we will be a more talented team next year, and deeper. We are in fine shape for our first run in the A10. I hope the way we ended this season puts a HUGE chip on our returning guy’s shoulders, it definitely should. [/b]

Well there is never a need to be shooting from 35’ in college basketball and it is not a good shot no matter who you are, so I think we will be just fine.

DA can shoot, Marcus can shoot and they can both play defense. That is what we need. Well rounded players, not one-tool players that have a Lutz-license to fire at will from wherever, whenever.

Thanks BP,

Again, as always, in the tough games you always did your share.

How ugly would this game have been without BP?

49erpi you are a f_cking idiot!!!

[i]Originally posted by greengoblin[/i]@Mar 19 2005, 12:23 AM [b] 49erpi you are a f_cking idiot!!! [/b]
Right back at you sport.

A 35 foot shot is a good shot when you can make it 39% of the time. Validate your dumbass remark earlier.

[i]Originally posted by greengoblin[/i]@Mar 19 2005, 01:28 AM [b] A 35 foot shot is a good shot when you can make it 39% of the time. Validate your dumbass remark earlier. [/b]
Then how come Wooden, Knight, Coach K, or Denny Crum never advised their best shooters to take the 35 footer of death?

Have fun watching Plavich playing in one of the lower Euro leagues. If Jobey is in Portugal, BP will be in Belarus.

Because they cannot shoot that far!!!

What Euro league did you play in??
Church League??

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A CHEERLEADER!!!

Maybe Wooden would have beaten NC State in 74 if he had Brendan “cement shoes” Plavich playing horse in a basketball game.

Good riddance.

Still didn’t answer my question…

[i]Originally posted by greengoblin[/i]@Mar 19 2005, 01:39 AM [b]

Church League??

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A CHEERLEADER!!! [/b]

Yes, I played in the Nashua, NH CYO league in the late 80s.

Plavbrick is a better hoops player than me, a fan on the internet. Those are mighty high goals you have set for your hero.

[i]Originally posted by greengoblin[/i]@Mar 19 2005, 12:28 AM [b] A 35 foot shot is a good shot when you can make it 39% of the time. Validate your dumbass remark earlier. [/b]
He's not 38.4% from 35' Einstein, that is from 20' and out. His percentage from 35' is not available but is not good and nobody would be. It is not a good shot from over 30' even if Larry Bird is taking it.

So to answer you original question again, “what will we do next year?”… MB, LG and DA can shoot the three, handle the ball and defend, so we will improve at that position.

[i]Originally posted by CMack124[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 08:55 PM [b] De'angelo Alexander can make it from sitting in the front row of Halton. That's even outside of Plav's range I believe.

[/b]

so DA is the new Plav? Figures, Kelvin Sampson wouldn’t put up with a shot selection like that.

[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt+Mar 19 2005, 12:49 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mike Niner Hunt @ Mar 19 2005, 12:49 AM)

Plavbrick? Cute.

49erpi,
LG and MB??? You got to be kidding!!!

DA??  We will see!!!  I hope.
[i]Originally posted by greengoblin[/i]@Mar 19 2005, 12:39 AM [b] Because they cannot shoot that far!!!

Church League??

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A CHEERLEADER!!! [/b]

Bullshit they can’t shoot that far.

Plav has nice range, but honestly, JJ Reddick has range as well. He is far from the best shooter Wooden or K has ever had.

BP wouldn’t have seen the court 5 years ago, he is a player who has benefitted from the influx of high school players in the NBA. I like the guy, and I think he hits some crazy threes, but come on, do you honestly believe that he is the only player in America that can shoot from that far out? He is just one of the few players who is allowed the opportunity.

Would not have seen the court 5 yrs ago??? Funny, really funny!! Funny how just 3 yrs ago he led the SEC in three point percentage. I guess 5 years though…

Oh yea going back to my original post…I wish Brendan all the luck and know we will miss him badly. We were only as good as he shot the ball!! Don’t know how all the mud slinging began but congrats to all the seniors. EB you are awesome. Good luck at the next level. Sager you are a true team player. We have to find a PG and Center that can put up some quality numbers night in and night out for next season and we will be fine!!!

You’re right, 5 years isn’t enough to go back, it’s hard to believe the watering down of college basketball has been going on for so long.

Still the best game out there.

Agreed its the best damn game by far!!!