Braxton Ogbueze - 2012 PG/SG

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:113, topic:23491”][quote=“Chisox17, post:99, topic:23491”]I want everyone who always trashed Ninerreport to realize that Tim announced this about five days ago on there, along with another interesting part of the story that hasn’t appeared on NNN.
Just saying, he does an incredible job with that site, and provides more than your money’s worth of true insider info.

Back on topic, this is a HUGE land for us. Our backcourt in 14/15 of Henry/Ogbueze/Lester will be nasty.[/quote]

You are correct Chisox. I recommend everyone get a membership. We have known this for days now. Tim does a great job with that site.[/quote]

I couldnt justify it before football. I do need to jump on this now.

Great news. I feel better about our future now. Great 4 day span for Niner athletics. First, we take over
1st place in baseball and now this transfer becomes official

But he will get to have this team without doing nothing… I know I know, can’t leave it at that, I’m still on the wait and see how we do this year fence…[/quote]

He hasn’t shown he deserves an extension just because of one recruit coming in. I’m still not convinced he knows how to coach the players he brings in.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:112, topic:23491”]2014

Henry SR
Ogbueze SOPH
Lester SOPH
Ingram JR
Clayton JR
Sullivan JR
Blakley SOPH
TWill SR
Thorne JR
Benk JR

Future is bright[/quote] That is an intriguing set of players.

The hole in the lineup (aside from the fact that the transfers can’t play next year) is someone to split time with Thorne at center. Need more height on the block and Thorne likely still won’t play much more than 25 minutes a game even if starting. I really really don’t want to see Clayton waste his time playing center too much.

Probably need a center, and maybe a juco post player if we can find one (or another senior transfer that can play right away) for next year.

[quote=“9erken, post:117, topic:23491”][quote=“donkeyjaws, post:112, topic:23491”]2014

Henry SR
Ogbueze SOPH
Lester SOPH
Ingram JR
Clayton JR
Sullivan JR
Blakley SOPH
TWill SR
Thorne JR
Benk JR

Future is bright[/quote] That is an intriguing set of players.

The hole in the lineup (aside from the fact that the transfers can’t play next year) is someone to split time with Thorne at center. Need more height on the block and Thorne likely still won’t play much more than 25 minutes a game even if starting. I really really don’t want to see Clayton waste his time playing center too much.

Probably need a center, and maybe a juco post player if we can find one (or another senior transfer that can play right away) for next year.[/quote]

I very much would like to see a 6’10 rebounder added. Am not asking for a star - just someone to spell Thorne. A Juco would suffice. As we discussed the other day - Jermaine Williams, Kenkay Jones, Chris Nance, someone like that would work.

what baffles me is how you continue to defend dudes like spears who is, by all accounts, a giant douche. everybody who met him would tell you the same and you defend him and state that it is major’s fault. maybe nickerson is homesick. how do you know anything about what goes on behind the scenes? these wild accusations you make up with no facts. i would never give the benefit of the doubt to a player that tried to fight an opposing team’s coaches. deuce did transfer because of playing time no matter what you state.

[quote=“donkeyjaws, post:112, topic:23491”]2014

Henry SR
Ogbueze SOPH
Lester SOPH
Ingram JR
Clayton JR
Sullivan JR
Blakley SOPH
TWill SR
Thorne JR
Benk JR

Future is bright[/quote]

Don’t forget Cherry! Seriously, this is fantastic for the program. I believe the program will still do just fine next year, especially in CUSA. The year after though, get your popcorn ready boys!

Cherry will be gone.

:o , Consider me excited!

Wow, great news. How quickly things change!! Things are looking bright

Granted, I have only seen highlight of Braxton, but this kid could be a player of the year type in CUSA when he is an upperclassman.

:-*

i have seen this kid play in high school. he is very good. this is not a situation where is not good enough to play for florida but florida reloads like few programs can and that can be tough, especially when you are a young point guard. this kid has star written all over him. i am as critical of recruits as anybody and make no bones about it when we get a commitment from a player that i do not think is good enough but this kid can play.

when will he be eligible to play?

[quote=“trickynbc, post:125, topic:23491”]when will he be eligible to play?[/quote]Will have to sit a year unless he can get a waiver.

in all likelihood 2014

I’m glad we are starting to have some good news again.

I’d like at least one more signing - hopefully a big man who can play right away.

Feast your eyes on these beastly stats http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/1Gb2W7x_10SIBXRiiSkHZg/basketball-winter-11-12/stats-braxton-ogbueze.htm

54% from three.

Welcome back home, Braxton. Tickled that you’ll be a Niner.

Since he will be moving back to his home town, is there not some family claim we can make for him to get an exception from the NCAA?

[quote=“Chisox17, post:129, topic:23491”]Feast your eyes on these beastly stats http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/1Gb2W7x_10SIBXRiiSkHZg/basketball-winter-11-12/stats-braxton-ogbueze.htm

54% from three.[/quote]
Def not a 1 trick pony

I don’t think we’re one of the schools who get those. Didn’t Shamari Spears legitimately move here because of a family issue and we couldn’t even get one for him?