BRISCOE INKS LOFTY PRO DEAL IN AUSTRAILIA

Well it looks like Deuce Briscoe made all the right moves. College degree followed by a well paid professional basketball career equals a great start in life. :cool:

www.allkyhoops.com/2013/10/former-upike-star-jamar-deuce-briscoe.html
5 hours ago - AllKyHoops.com: Former UPIKE Star Jamar “Deuce” Briscoe Signs Pro Contract in Australia

Excerpt
Deuce comes to us highly recommended both as a player and person by highly respected Coach Bobby Lutz, Coach Lutz says “Deuce is as gifted a scorer as I have seen, and has Euro-league potential, he can create and make plays for others to score as well and is and intelligent guy with a great basketball IQ”.” He knows how to play the game and what needs to happen in order to be successful and even more so is a fantastic person”.

Austrailian Press : The Border Mail …http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1871869/high-hopes-for-bandits-high-scoring-us-import/?cs=10

Good for him.

Guess he fell short of that potential because Euro-League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Australian League, both in quality and salary.

Basketball in Europe and Australia is very different than American ball. It’s very team oriented. I don’t see Deuce dealing with that well.

The salary cap in the Australian basketball league is only a millionish dollars for 10 players, so it can’t be that “lofty” of a deal.

We send players to play in Europe and Australia all the time, so I don’t know why you’re coming back here to rub this in our face? We don’t care.

I’m happy for Deuce, but you’re a pathetic douchebag.

lol. Good for Briscoe. Wish him all the best. Glad to see they used “University of Charlotte”!

[quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:28353”]Guess he fell short of that potential because Euro-League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Australian League, both in quality and salary.

Basketball in Europe and Australia is very different than American ball. It’s very team oriented. I don’t see Deuce dealing with that well.

The salary cap in the Australian basketball league is only a millionish dollars for 10 players, so it can’t be that “lofty” of a deal.

We send players to play in Europe and Australia all the time, so I don’t know why you’re coming back here to rub this in our face? We don’t care.

I’m happy for Deuce, but you’re a pathetic douchebag.[/quote]

And you’re a jealous hater who wished you had the talent to be a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE in anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

Off topic a little, but isn’t Spears also playing professional ball somewhere? And did Braswell sign with a team? I can’t keep up.

[quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

Off topic a little, but isn’t Spears also playing professional ball somewhere? And did Braswell sign with a team? I can’t keep up.[/quote]

Spears was playing in professional ball in Canada last and Braz was in Turkey.

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:5, topic:28353”][quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:28353”]Guess he fell short of that potential because Euro-League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Australian League, both in quality and salary.

I’m happy for Deuce, but you’re a pathetic douchebag.[/quote]

And you’re a jealous hater who wished you had the talent to be a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE in anything. :p[/quote]nah that’s cool, I’ll just enjoy my job making more money for far less work.

Besides, I call you a pathetic douchebag, not Deuce. You’re not a professional athlete. The only thing professional about you is your trolling. If that were a sport, you’d be selected round 1.

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:7, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

Off topic a little, but isn’t Spears also playing professional ball somewhere? And did Braswell sign with a team? I can’t keep up.[/quote]

Spears was playing in professional ball in Canada last and Braz was in Turkey.[/quote]

So Major has coached 3 future professional players so far?

[quote=“49r9r, post:9, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:7, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

Spears was playing in professional ball in Canada last and Braz was in Turkey.[/quote]

So Major has coached 3 future professional players so far?[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by future … but Major has coached 4 american born PROS at Charlotte: Spears,Briscoe,Braswell,Barnett

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:10, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:9, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:7, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

So Major has coached 3 future professional players so far?[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by future … but Major has coached 4 american born PROS at Charlotte: Spears,Briscoe,Braswell,Barnett[/quote]

I said “future” because they would go on to be pros after playing for us. I did not realize Barnett was also playing in the pro ranks. 4 pros in 3 years is not bad.

Agreed thats really a very good stat for Major … Barnett played last year in England but did not return.

Good for him.

Pretty much all Charlotte players are/have been pros that played a good bit. Dewhurst, Wilderness, Jones, Ilija, Derrio Green are playing pro ball.

Please show me a link anywhere that confirms Derrio, Wilderness or Dewhurst signed a pro contract (overseas) outside of the house leagues in the U.S. Ilija you must be kidding. (if he is a pro its because its his native country).

Phil Jones is a legitimate PRO … the others you mentioned have not been so lucky.

show me a link … seriously doubt you can.

gokhan is a pro. can we stop this argument now. forget overseas. we need to start getting guys into the nba.

gokhan is 6’9 and a pro in his native country … definitely not even close to the degree of difficulty as making the PROS as an import. How many sub 6ft guards in the history of Charlotte basketball have ever been talented enough to make make good money as a professional athlete abroad. Off the top of my head: Briscoe,Dijuan,Diego … a very select an extremely talented few :wink:

Welcome back sokool

gokhan is 6’9 and a pro in his native country … definitely not even close to the degree of difficulty as making the PROS as an import. How many sub 6ft guards in the history of Charlotte basketball have ever been talented enough to make make good money as a professional athlete abroad. Off the top of my head: Briscoe,Dijuan,Diego … a very select an extremely talented few ;)[/quote]

lee also. congrats to deuce. we are all proud of him.

Good thread. Informative too.