BRISCOE INKS LOFTY PRO DEAL IN AUSTRAILIA

Not worth dredging up old arguments with this poster, which almost always result in pointless attacks on current and former Niners by this poster and others in response.

Congrats to Briscoe. I wish him good luck in his pro career and for whatever comes after as well.

Do we know for sure this is sokool?

Actually, I am personally glad to find out ANY Former Niner is playing some form of professional basketball. I wish Deuce the best.

gokhan is 6’9 and a pro in his native country … definitely not even close to the degree of difficulty as making the PROS as an import. How many sub 6ft guards in the history of Charlotte basketball have ever been talented enough to make make good money as a professional athlete abroad. Off the top of my head: Briscoe,Dijuan,Diego … a very select an extremely talented few ;)[/quote]

lee also. congrats to deuce. we are all proud of him.[/quote]

Yes LEE … how could I forget him? Leemire an extraordinarily talented sub 6ft guard who is still playing very well and having a great pro career.

i love lee. one of my all time favorite. great dude and the heart of a lion.

Please show me a link anywhere that confirms Derrio, Wilderness or Dewhurst signed a pro contract (overseas) outside of the house leagues in the U.S. Ilija you must be kidding. (if he is a pro its because its his native country).

Phil Jones is a legitimate PRO … the others you mentioned have not been so lucky.

show me a link … seriously doubt you can.[/quote]

http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA/University_of_North_Carolina_-_Charlotte/580?Page=4

All showing playing outside US. Ilija in UK

Please show me a link anywhere that confirms Derrio, Wilderness or Dewhurst signed a pro contract (overseas) outside of the house leagues in the U.S. Ilija you must be kidding. (if he is a pro its because its his native country).

Phil Jones is a legitimate PRO … the others you mentioned have not been so lucky.

show me a link … seriously doubt you can.[/quote]

http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA/University_of_North_Carolina_-_Charlotte/580?Page=4

All showing playing outside US. Ilija in UK[/quote]

Good link. I did not realize we had that many players still playing. Good to know.

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:1, topic:28353”]Well it looks like Deuce Briscoe made all the right moves. College degree followed by a well paid professional basketball career equals a great start in life. 8)

www.allkyhoops.com/2013/10/former-upike-star-jamar-deuce-briscoe.html
5 hours ago - AllKyHoops.com: Former UPIKE Star Jamar “Deuce” Briscoe Signs Pro Contract in Australia

Excerpt
Deuce comes to us highly recommended both as a player and person by highly respected Coach Bobby Lutz, Coach Lutz says “Deuce is as gifted a scorer as I have seen, and has Euro-league potential, he can create and make plays for others to score as well and is and intelligent guy with a great basketball IQ”.” He knows how to play the game and what needs to happen in order to be successful and even more so is a fantastic person”.

Austrailian Press : The Border Mail …http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1871869/high-hopes-for-bandits-high-scoring-us-import/?cs=10[/quote]Tell him to say hello to Wade Helliwell.

I missed you, sokool. Glad you’re back.

Deuce is getting paid to do something he loves. I think that’s a good outcome. Anyone who can learn to shoot upside down is A-OK with me.

I still follow Derrio on Twitter. I think he said he was gonna be playing in Canada too. Not 100% certain.

[quote=“2012ALUMNI49er, post:29, topic:28353”]I still follow Derrio on Twitter. I think he said he was gonna be playing in Canada too. Not 100% certain.[/quote]I believe you are correct.

I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

He is only playing in the state league.

[quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

He is only playing in the state league.[/quote]So Australian version of NBDL?

Either way, best of luck to Deuce.

[quote=“2k, post:32, topic:28353”][quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

He is only playing in the state league.[/quote]So Australian version of NBDL?

Either way, best of luck to Deuce.[/quote]

Agreed. I’m glad for him and wish him the best.

Maybe we should start a thread for ALL our former players still playing in the pro ranks somewhere. I’m a little surprised the initiator of this thread did not realize we had so many other players also playing pro ball somewhere. Shocking, since he is such a big Niner fan.

clt asks if he has purchased FSL’s

[quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

He is only playing in the state league.[/quote]

Not Yet … but from what I understand the SEABL is the second best league on the continent and Aussie basketball there is better than alot of 1st div leagues in Europe and other countries. Good money, stable economy, wealthy sponsors, great perks, excellent mobility and exposure to mega salary leagues like the NBL, good media coverage also a beautiful place to live located in between Melbourne and Sydney. :cool:

Great place and situation to launch a PRO career. Jazz Ferguson started as ah PRO on this same team in same league in 2012 and now is playing in one of the top divisions in ITALY.

The name of the PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL game abroad is excell and advance. Very few ever get the opportunity.

Good for Deuce!

Cant say I blame him. I’d travel half way around the world to get away from Sokool too.

Congrats to Duece. Great to see former Niners continue making a career playing…

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:35, topic:28353”][quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

Very few ever get the opportunity.[/quote]

If by very few you mean a ton of 49er players.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:38, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:35, topic:28353”][quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

Very few ever get the opportunity.[/quote]

If by very few you mean a ton of 49er players.[/quote]

How many of those 49er players talented enough to play professional basketball were under 6ft. VERY VERY FEW.

I wish I was traveling around and playing a game for a living.