BRISCOE INKS LOFTY PRO DEAL IN AUSTRAILIA

Agreed, good luck to Jamar in Australia and where ever the game of basketball takes him.

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:39, topic:28353”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:38, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:35, topic:28353”][quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

He is only playing in the state league.[/quote]

Very few ever get the opportunity.[/quote]

If by very few you mean a ton of 49er players.[/quote]

How many of those 49er players talented enough to play professional basketball were under 6ft. VERY VERY FEW. [/quote]

Come on NWA, there are VERY VERY FEW!!! Former 49er players that are UNDER 6ft and FROM BALTIMORE and with a last name that STARTS WITH B! that are talented enough to play pro ball!!

Crap forgot about Demon Brown…

demon doesn’t count. he was 6’1".

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:39, topic:28353”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:38, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:35, topic:28353”][quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

How many of those 49er players talented enough to play professional basketball were under 6ft. VERY VERY FEW. [/quote]

LOL

it’s this again.

All bullshit aside, I hope he does very well and becomes a successful player down there.

This is a really odd thread. Apparently this person is a huge fan of Briscoe and really needs someone to agree with him/her. Ok here goes. Jamar Briscoe is really good at playing basketball. Does that satisfy your strange need for validation?

[quote=“bballtazzmania, post:39, topic:28353”][

Looking at the link provided by pcon, [font=Tahoma][size=13px]http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA/University_of_North_Carolina_-_Charlotte/580?Page=4[/size][/font][font=Tahoma][/size][size=13px] Duece is only the sixth player under 6’, not counting Monica League, from Charlotte to play pro ball.

I wish he had been able to play up to his potential here, but he did make a good decision to go elsewhere to play and to graduate.[/size][/font]

How many of those 49er players talented enough to play professional basketball were under 6ft. VERY VERY FEW. [/quote]I’d say that could deal with the fact that most scholarship players we’ve had have been over 6ft. Dijuan is doing it and walked on here.

[quote=“Gassman, post:47, topic:28353”]This is a really odd thread. Apparently this person is a huge fan of Briscoe and really needs someone to agree with him/her. Ok here goes. Jamar Briscoe is really good at playing basketball. Does that satisfy your strange need for validation?[/quote] It is funny to think about how this might look to someone that wasn’t around for the constant battles with sokool in the past. A new poster comes on to praise Briscoe, and some of our fans just rip into him. But he was always Briscoe’s worst enemy on these boards, whether intended (if he was trolling us the whole time) or not.

[quote=“2k, post:49, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:39, topic:28353”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:38, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:35, topic:28353”][quote=“Basden05, post:31, topic:28353”]I hate to break it to everyone, but he isn’t even playing in the NBL (national basketball league)

How many of those 49er players talented enough to play professional basketball were under 6ft. VERY VERY FEW. [/quote]I’d say that could deal with the fact that most scholarship players we’ve had have been over 6ft. Dijuan is doing it and walked on here.[/quote]SIZE KING

At least he’ll get to see and experience a new part of the world.

I was pretty excited when I was planning to move there with my GF for veterinary school (until we found out how expensive it was there :o )

Life after basketball takes former players down different paths - CNN …
www.cnn.com/2012/04/02/us/ncaa-basketball-graduation/‎
Apr 5, 2012 - CNN U.S. … "On average, only about 1% of college players go pro and only a small percentage more get a job playing overseas."

Wasting several years playing pro sports in the minor leagues seems like a massive waste of time, considering how little they are paid.

However, then I think that most of these kids are not exactly turning down lucrative jobs in businesses to take these opportunities.

Well we haven’t had many under 6ft that played as many minutes as deuce. Percentage wise I’m guessing it’s pretty high of how many went pro somewhere.

sokool, why did you change your name?

[quote=“49r9r, post:9, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:7, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

Off topic a little, but isn’t Spears also playing professional ball somewhere? And did Braswell sign with a team? I can’t keep up.[/quote]

Spears was playing in professional ball in Canada last and Braz was in Turkey.[/quote]

So Major has coached 3 future professional players so far?[/quote]JB, Derrio, Phil Jones and Gohkan too.

[quote=“2k, post:57, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:9, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:7, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

Off topic a little, but isn’t Spears also playing professional ball somewhere? And did Braswell sign with a team? I can’t keep up.[/quote]

Spears was playing in professional ball in Canada last and Braz was in Turkey.[/quote]

So Major has coached 3 future professional players so far?[/quote]JB, Derrio, Phil Jones and Gohkan too.[/quote]

So why have we only had one winning season in the last 3?

[quote=“49r9r, post:58, topic:28353”][quote=“2k, post:57, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:9, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:7, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

So Major has coached 3 future professional players so far?[/quote]JB, Derrio, Phil Jones and Gohkan too.[/quote]

So why have we only had one winning season in the last 3?[/quote]

LOL well he couldn’t keep Phil in class, benched derrio, ran gohkan off so really he only coached 1 that he liked plus you can add in Luka, and I heard Demario my be asked to play in a prison league :wink:

[quote=“49r9r, post:58, topic:28353”][quote=“2k, post:57, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:9, topic:28353”][quote=“bballtazzmania, post:7, topic:28353”][quote=“49r9r, post:6, topic:28353”]I’m glad for Deuce and I wish him the best.

So why have we only had one winning season in the last 3?[/quote]I didn’t say they were playing in great leagues.