Bryce Brown - 2015 G - signed LOI with Auburn

Fire Major. Can’t even keep recruits anymore. Pathetic. Terrible. Thank goodness we have soccer. Lol

auburn sounds sexy, i know. sec and all. but it might be a hard-sell to convince a kid that going there to a conference-second-tier program is better than going to an up-and-coming conference program. i truly believe we’re headed to the upper eschalon of our conference! and, furthermore, i think we’re about to pull the rest of the conference up.
THAT will be exciting to be a part of!
let’s hope so! and that bryce renews his committment!

[quote=“earlyniner, post:22, topic:29032”]auburn sounds sexy, i know. sec and all. but it might be a hard-sell to convince a kid that going there to a conference-second-tier program is better than going to an up-and-coming conference program. i truly believe we’re headed to the upper eschalon of our conference! and, furthermore, i think we’re about to pull the rest of the conference up.
let’s hope so! and that bryce renews his committment![/quote]don’t underestimate the allure of Bruce Pearl.

He probably got an invite to a BBQ in exchange for his decommitment tonight.

we could take him to Twelve Bones in Asheville. does he like BBQ?

Looks like he’s going to try and visit Auburn this weekend, then sign early.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/hoopseen-20/item/2621-brown-opens-up-recruitment

if it’s not illegal, i’ll even pay for it! i recommend the corn pudding and greens as sides!

ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.

Weren’t you just saying that you were done with this board and this school because everything is so negative?

Make up your mind, dude.

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:27, topic:29032”]ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.[/quote]I don’t think the league has anything to do with this. Kid hadn’t visited anywhere else (had been to an Auburn elite camp) before committing to us on an unofficial visit.

Honestly, I would be surprised if we land him. Going on an official to Auburn and then will sign right after the visit. Have to imagine if Pearl wants him, he’ll get him.

[quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:27, topic:29032”]ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.[/quote]I don’t think the league has anything to do with this. Kid hadn’t visited anywhere else (had been to an Auburn elite camp) before committing to us on an unofficial visit.

Honestly, I would be surprised if we land him. Going on an official to Auburn and then will sign right after the visit. Have to imagine if Pearl wants him, he’ll get him.[/quote]
I agree with what you are saying but with us being in a 1 bid league this will become even more of the norm. We don’t have nearly as much to promote for these players anymore.

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:30, topic:29032”][quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:27, topic:29032”]ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.[/quote]I don’t think the league has anything to do with this. Kid hadn’t visited anywhere else (had been to an Auburn elite camp) before committing to us on an unofficial visit.

Honestly, I would be surprised if we land him. Going on an official to Auburn and then will sign right after the visit. Have to imagine if Pearl wants him, he’ll get him.[/quote]
I agree with what you are saying but with us being in a 1 bid league this will become even more of the norm. We don’t have nearly as much to promote for these players anymore.

we have a city, a university, a progressing program, professional teams, after graduation-contacts! we don’t have anything to promote???
we just don’t have an enthusiastic fan-base anymore. and that’s a crying shame!
why don’t you volunteer to come out on the weekends and meet 'em!? show recruits around. you might just get back involved![/quote]

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:30, topic:29032”][quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:27, topic:29032”]ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.[/quote]I don’t think the league has anything to do with this. Kid hadn’t visited anywhere else (had been to an Auburn elite camp) before committing to us on an unofficial visit.

I agree with what you are saying but with us being in a 1 bid league this will become even more of the norm. We don’t have nearly as much to promote for these players anymore.[/quote] While I wouldn’t wish bad luck on a fellow human being, if Bruce Pearl fell into a manhole and drowned in the sewage, I wouldn’t be all that unhappy either.
Good luck to Brown, though. I hope he knows what he’s doing.

Auburn has “stolen” recruits from us before.

In every single case it didnt work out for the player. Brown would do well to learn that.

[quote=“earlyniner, post:31, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:30, topic:29032”][quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:27, topic:29032”]ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.[/quote]I don’t think the league has anything to do with this. Kid hadn’t visited anywhere else (had been to an Auburn elite camp) before committing to us on an unofficial visit.

we have a city, a university, a progressing program, professional teams, after graduation-contacts! we don’t have anything to promote???
why don’t you volunteer to come out on the weekends and meet 'em!? show recruits around. you might just get back involved![/quote][/quote]
What??? Show recruits around? Get back involved?

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:34, topic:29032”][quote=“earlyniner, post:31, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:30, topic:29032”][quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:27, topic:29032”]ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.[/quote]I don’t think the league has anything to do with this. Kid hadn’t visited anywhere else (had been to an Auburn elite camp) before committing to us on an unofficial visit.

we have a city, a university, a progressing program, professional teams, after graduation-contacts! we don’t have anything to promote? ??? ?
why don’t you volunteer to come out on the weekends and meet 'em!? show recruits around. you might just get back involved![/quote][/quote]
What??? Show recruits around? Get back involved?[/quote]

Yeah… That’s got to be against the rules… Also, isn’t that why we pay a coaching staff?

[quote=“s9er, post:35, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:34, topic:29032”][quote=“earlyniner, post:31, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:30, topic:29032”][quote=“moss2k, post:29, topic:29032”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:27, topic:29032”]ahhhhh…welcome to life in a 1 bid league. Sold our soul to football and give up as many points on the football field as we do the bball court.[/quote]I don’t think the league has anything to do with this. Kid hadn’t visited anywhere else (had been to an Auburn elite camp) before committing to us on an unofficial visit.

we have a city, a university, a progressing program, professional teams, after graduation-contacts! we don’t have anything to promote? ??? ?
What??? Show recruits around? Get back involved?[/quote]

Yeah… That’s got to be against the rules… Also, isn’t that why we pay a coaching staff?[/quote]

sarcasm, right?

[quote=“Niner National, post:23, topic:29032”][quote=“earlyniner, post:22, topic:29032”]auburn sounds sexy, i know. sec and all. but it might be a hard-sell to convince a kid that going there to a conference-second-tier program is better than going to an up-and-coming conference program. i truly believe we’re headed to the upper eschalon of our conference! and, furthermore, i think we’re about to pull the rest of the conference up.
let’s hope so! and that bryce renews his committment![/quote]don’t underestimate the allure of Bruce Pearl.

He probably got an invite to a BBQ in exchange for his decommitment tonight.[/quote]

First there is a 1% chance this kid comes to Charlotte now. You do not commit to a program with intentions of signing early, only to decommit and then re-commit to that same program a few days later. He is going to Auburn.

Secondly I completely understand the allure of Bruce Pearl and it was one of the reasons I wanted Charlotte to hire him. He is a nationally recognized name in basketball and that in of itself represents an appeal to high school kids. Think about it for one second, you are a recruit walking through the halls and your friends ask you who is recruiting you (because you know they talk about this) and you say Alan Major! The group looks at you with blank stares before politely saying “that’s cool” and changing the conversation. If you insert Bruce Pearl there people would go “Oh wow Bruce Pearl!?! That’s awesome!”

Bruce Pearl was the HC of several nationally ranked teams at Tennessee and was an “expert” on ESPN for a number of years. (Yes due to suspension but nobody cares about that now) so his name and face has been seen by these kids for years. His name is immediately recognizable and cares with it a cache of credibility that Major simply does not have. Until we can be in the national spotlight for more than a few days or the occasional snippet here and there, we will lose many of these recruiting battles.

Yep, remember all those at-large bids we had when we were in the A-10? Oh wait, nevermind. We haven’t danced in over a decade.

The last few years, the A-10 has gotten their fair share of bids. I could be wrong, but weren’t there more A-10 teams in the tourney than ACC teams a couple years ago? Sure Chaaarlotte didn’t make the tourney, but there was potential, in the A-10, to get an at large bid with a weak out of conference schedule I’ve grown used to at Charlotte.

Until we start winning in conference it doesn’t really matter what conference we are in.