Butler WIN postgame

[size=7][u][b]71 - 67 NINERS!!!

Signature Win on the road over the number 11 team!!!

Go NINER!!!
[/b][/u][/size]

Impressed. That is all.

Thats a big enough win for a first post. Awesome!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now I know what it felt like to play against us back in the old CUSA days!!!

If it weren’t for the final flurry of contested 35 foot 3 ptrs (4-5 I think)…or if we hit FT’s…we win this game comfortably.

2 Things…

1. After Temple, VCU and now Butler…we are playing our best ball of the season.
  2. Butler is nowhere near a Top 10 team (unless the 1 guy out makes THAT much aof a difference)

But they were without Smith!!! Who cares, we are missing our leading scorer and J.T.

Awesome win, probably shouldn’t have been that close, but just glad we pulled it out.

Henry was awesome, so were Clark and Clayton.

This win won’t put us on the bubble, so don’t overreact everyone. Just enjoy the win

If it weren’t for the final flurry of contested 3 ptrs (4-5 I think)…or if we hit FT’s…we win this game comfortably.

2 Things…

2. Butler is nowhere near a Top 10 team (unless the 1 guy out makes THAT much aof a difference)[/quote]

I hope Butler is a top 10 team.

Agreed.

But we are playing our best ball of the season at the right time of the season.

We have a chance to close strong…then…who knows?

But the future sure does look bright!!!

[quote=“Basden05, post:6, topic:27497”]But they were without Smith!!! Who cares, we are missing our leading scorer and J.T.

Awesome win, probably shouldn’t have been that close, but just glad we pulled it out.

Henry was awesome, so were Clark and Clayton.

This win won’t put us on the bubble, so don’t overreact everyone. Just enjoy the win[/quote]

why arent we on the bubble.

Is this the highest ranked team we’ve beaten on the road? I think so.

Yea baby!!! Other then missing to many FT’s to keep it close, Charlotte dominated Butler all game!

If it weren’t for the final flurry of contested 35 foot 3 ptrs (4-5 I think)…or if we hit FT’s…we win this game comfortably.

2 Things…

2. Butler is nowhere near a Top 10 team (unless the 1 guy out makes THAT much aof a difference)[/quote]

So Butler can’t be a top 10 team because they didn’t play a great game? Come on man. Wins over Indiana, UNC, Marquette, Gonzaga, Temple…

Damn that was a nerve wrecking ending.

Our guys played hard. We matched up well overall. We stuck with the game plan of pounding inside. We won with 2 made 3s?

No wtf turnovers in the last few minutes!

Great win!

oh my lord. My hands are still shaking. My heart is racing like I just ran a marathon.

What a performance. The future is bright as these guys mature.

I want to give a shout out to Nickerson for nailing those last two free throws to make it a two possession game.

Best win for our program in years.

But holy shit, do we ever make the free throw line our enemy. I think I counted 9 misses from FT line in the last 1:30. This game never should have been in doubt.

We played like a basketball team tonight for 38 minutes. Defense in the last 20s was great.

Free. Throws.

I think Syracuse was 7th when we won at the Carrier dome.

Were going to dominate CUSA next year

I think Syracuse was 7th when we won at the Carrier dome.[/quote]

R U Sure? Charlotte 96-92 Syracuse (Nov 26, 2003) Game Recap - ESPN

what a win…if we would have played ball like this all season long we would be 24-0 ;D