Butler WIN postgame

I think Syracuse was 7th when we won at the Carrier dome.[/quote]

R U Sure?[/quote]

Yes they were 7th

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:9, topic:27497”][quote=“Basden05, post:6, topic:27497”]But they were without Smith!!! Who cares, we are missing our leading scorer and J.T.

Awesome win, probably shouldn’t have been that close, but just glad we pulled it out.

Henry was awesome, so were Clark and Clayton.

This win won’t put us on the bubble, so don’t overreact everyone. Just enjoy the win[/quote]

why arent we on the bubble.[/quote]

Weak OOC schedule, blowout losses at GW and Richmond.

Get another big win or two and then we can start talking.

And that’s how you do it. Suffocating defense, smart shot selection, and value the ball. Great win!

I believe!!

I absolutely cannot believe Butlers inbounds play at the end of the game. I was already prepared for a buzzer beating 3 pointer to win the game.

Sounds good, but we won’t. Southern Miss, UTEP, MTSU and another team or two will be pretty strong.

WOW.

Does this alone put us on the bubble? No, but it certainly sets us up well.

If we at least split our next two, that makes us no worse than 19-7 with four winnable games leading into the tournament.

If we take this win and use it to spark some momentum, I’m really smiling about our chances.

Also, Rotnei Clark is fantastic. I like Butler, and I really hate that this is the only time we’ll play them in conference. I won’t miss the A10, but I will miss X and Butler.

Great win!! The free throws all season have been scary/frustrating…
Had to look it up - Came into tonight #298 with a FT% of 64.6%
17-29 tonight doesn’t help.
One more tough road game and then an interesting stretch to end the season strong.

Hit some damn FTs down the stretch and it’s a perfect game.

This! I can’t believe Stevens drew that up.

Awesome win. Even better that it was on TV and on the road. Clarke definitely gave us a scare at the end - it was great to see the guys hang on. We finally have a “good” win to add to the resume.

Now I know what it felt like to play against us back in the old CUSA days!!![/quote]

Yep. We almost got Plaviched.

This win should give us that boost in confidence. Great job by everyone. Great win. FT shooting almost did us in though.

I think Syracuse was 7th when we won at the Carrier dome.[/quote]

R U Sure?[/quote]

Yes they were 7th[/quote]

REcheck my modification above. I could not repost the link here.They were 24th.

I’d argue that the La Salle win is also a good win (along with a few other solid wins, such as UMass and X). This is definitely the signature win of the group, though. Feels great to get it and let’s hope that we can continue to build on this momentum. We’ve really improved over the season and are playing some solid basketball. Go Niners!!!

Alan Major mindfucked/clowned Brad Stevens.

WOW. What a day! My 25th Anniversary, a wonderful dinner with prime rib eye and a nice bottle of a Napa Valley Cabernet, and now this. Why can’t all days be this special?

I haven’t said it all year, because I haven’t felt like I could say it, but:

Tonight (sans the shakiness in that last couple of minutes), I saw a Charlotte 49er squad that actually looked like an NCAA tournament team.

Does that mean I think we’re in? No. I don’t even think it places us on the bubble. What I do think is that this team should come away from tonight knowing that they’re capable of playing a complete game of intense, disciplined, high-level basketball. They need to take that with them and build some momentum. This win would certainly go a long way toward establishing a tournament resume’ of some sort, providing we can string together a few more solid wins and make our presence felt in the conference tournament.

Lastly: The next few years could shape up to be mighty fun if these guys continue to mature.

Alan Major mindfucked/clowned Brad Stevens.[/quote]

Damn I smiled when that inbounds pass went under the basket. Can’t believe the drew up that play.

Stat of the night?

T-Will 3-PTers - 0-for-0
49ers 3-PTers - 2-for-5

That’s about as many as we should be shooting these days. (And at least one of those misses was because of working the shot clock at the end of the game, which I can live with.)
-G-

We’ll be in the discussion again, even if it’s a reach. A road win at Butler will do that for you.

Very impressed with Nickerson tonight. Aside from a couple bad turnovers, he played really well. He’s developing right before our eyes, so don’t miss it.

Henry played very well at the end. Braswell with some nice moves down low. Ingram played good D all game. Really all-around good game from the Niners at the right time.

Butler is definitely top 20, even if they aren’t top 10. They clearly had an off game tonight and I’d say Stevens got out-coached a little bit.