Butler WIN postgame

TRLeader, where does this put the RPI?
-G

I think Syracuse was 7th when we won at the Carrier dome.[/quote]

R U Sure?[/quote]

Yes they were 7th[/quote]

REcheck my modification above. I could not repost the link here.They were 24th.[/quote]

No they weren’t. They are ranked #24 now. Don’t use ESPN to check. Go to Charlotte49ers.com and read the article from the game. When you look at past schedules on ESPN it just shows their current rankings not what they were then.

[quote=“jfickett, post:16, topic:27497”]Best win for our program in years.

But holy s***, do we ever make the free throw line our enemy. I think I counted 9 misses from FT line in the last 1:30. This game never should have been in doubt.

We played like a basketball team tonight for 38 minutes. Defense in the last 20s was great.

Free. Throws.[/quote]

Lookin forward to sportscenter later. I’m sure they’ll be sure to mention their center was out without mentioning mayfield and jtt.

'Cuse was #7 when we beat them in the Carrier Dome and Plav dropped 31 pts. They were coming off a national championship w/ Carmelo Anthony the previous year.

R U Sure?[/quote]

REcheck my modification above. I could not repost the link here.They were 24th.[/quote]

No they weren’t. They are ranked #24 now. Don’t use ESPN to check. Go to Charlotte49ers.com and read the article from the game. When you look at past schedules on ESPN it just shows their current rankings not what they were then.[/quote]

No it doesn’t, unless Tennessee is currently ranked 15th: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300062633

Bravo. Bravo. This is my favorite Charlotte team since Galen Young and company. And I love that we get to watch them grow up together. Go Niners!!

We will be on at least a few bubble watches now, guaranteed. RPI of 55 with a top 25 win will at least attract some chatter. That said, we still have to play our way in at this point. We need to finish 4-2 with a first round win in the A-10.

Welcome to the A10 Butler!

I REALLY love this team! :smiley:

We’re decidedly on the bubble, which is different from in the tournament.

There are 68 teams that get in, so if you’re in the top 74, you’re on the bubble. You telling me this team isn’t good enough to be top 68? Top 40 or so gets in at-large so we have to get into that group, but this was the win we’ve been waiting for.

I thought we had no chance at winning this game, and I was wrong. We are better without DeMario Mayfield. I can’t believe it, but it is true.

GREAT win. Not good, great. Only team to win there this year. That says something.

Much respect to the players who could have packed it in when May and JT went out and let that discourage them to a weak conference finish. They have fought every step of the way, even if they are at times out talented.

Great job by the coaching staff and shout to coach Major. He was choking up in the post game interview and I can see why. This team deserves a full Halton every night.

54% shooting over the last 4 games - and we’re 2-2 in that stretch. This offense has REALLY come around. If we can take care of the ball, at that rate, we can give anyone a run.

[quote=“9erken, post:40, topic:27497”]We’ll be in the discussion again, even if it’s a reach. A road win at Butler will do that for you.

Very impressed with Nickerson tonight. Aside from a couple bad turnovers, he played really well. He’s developing right before our eyes, so don’t miss it.

Henry played very well at the end. Braswell with some nice moves down low. Ingram played good D all game. Really all-around good game from the Niners at the right time.

Butler is definitely top 20, even if they aren’t top 10. They clearly had an off game tonight and I’d say Stevens got out-coached a little bit.[/quote]

Paging metro. Come in, metro!

R U Sure?[/quote]

No they weren’t. They are ranked #24 now. Don’t use ESPN to check. Go to Charlotte49ers.com and read the article from the game. When you look at past schedules on ESPN it just shows their current rankings not what they were then.[/quote]

No it doesn’t, unless Tennessee is currently ranked 15th: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300062633[/quote]

Sorry, Syracuse is 7th NOW and 24th then just like the ESPN article from 2003 says.

R U Sure?[/quote]

No it doesn’t, unless Tennessee is currently ranked 15th: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300062633[/quote]

Was referring to the schedule view on ESPN from past seasons.

Enjoy the recap!
http://pickaxedigest.com/2013/02/13/charlotte-49ers-71-11-butler-67-niners-pull-off-the-upset/

They were ranked 7th, or close to it…def not 24th. The big difference was that game was first thing in the season. I’d say this is the highest ranked team we have beaten on the road this late in the season when rankings are a much greater barometer.

R U Sure?[/quote]

Sorry, Syracuse is 7th NOW and 24th then just like the ESPN article from 2003 says.[/quote]

Charlotte (15-5, 7-2 Conference USA) also won at then-No. 7 Syracuse and then-No. 8 Cincinnati

Truth. They may have finished that season 24th, but they were 7th when we played them. Further proof:

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20031127/SPORTS/311279990&template=printart

Syracuse #7 tumbles against Charlotte.