Butler WIN postgame

[quote=“49erDrummer, post:59, topic:27497”]Truth. They may have finished that season 24th, but they were 7th when we played them. Further proof:

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20031127/SPORTS/311279990&template=printart[/quote]

Thanks! We also won at Cincy that year when they were ranked 8th

What a special night!!
The biggest thing we did all night was ANSWER! Everytime Butler hit a big shot we came down and answered on the offensive end. Guys all around stepped up. Thought E Vic was MVP of this game. Did a ton of small things and drove the ball so well. Hit the 2 clutch free throws as well.
Kudos to the coaching staff for the gameplan. Even though Clarke went off late (hitting ridiculously hard shots, well defended) we shut him down most of the game. Forced deep three point attempts and knocked Butler off their normal pace.
Dare I say hand that contract to Alan after this? Taking this team after losing 2 key players and coaching them up to beat a #11 team in the nation on the road in a building that is NOT easy to win in.
Love having the nucleus of Clark, Clayton, Ingram for another 3 years!
GO NINERS!!!

PH is the MVP by a country mile. He made up for the turnovers vs Temple with the steal at the end of the game that was probably the game decider.

I don’t know how many Charlotte fans know this but we are the only team to defeat the defending national champs in their home opener.

Also, they didn’t have a final poll at the end of the tournament back then (which is why we never got the benefit of a year-end ranking after the final four run), so Michigan was ranked #1 when we beat them: http://www.collegepollarchive.com/mbasketball/ap/seasons.cfm?seasonid=1977

We matched up well against butler without mayfield, but we def have a higher chance of beating vcu with mayfield too.

I think the win at Davidson was a big one too. Not totally sexy, but it’s their only home loss of the year and they’ve won 10 of 11 games now. They’ll most likely be in the tourney.
-G-

Great win. Awesome entry passes.

We matched up well against butler without mayfield, but we def have a higher chance of beating vcu with mayfield too.[/quote]

Not sure that that is accurate. Only thing I think he would have brought is better FT shooting and he could be Jekyll and Hyde as well.

[quote=“Basden05, post:6, topic:27497”]This win won’t put us on the bubble, so don’t overreact everyone. Just enjoy the win[/quote]Really? This win is going to do wonders for our RPI. It also gives us a very solid road win. We have six games left on the schedule. If we aren’t on the bubble, we are damn close.

[quote=“somosdel, post:62, topic:27497”]What a special night!!
The biggest thing we did all night was ANSWER! Everytime Butler hit a big shot we came down and answered on the offensive end. Guys all around stepped up. Thought E Vic was MVP of this game. Did a ton of small things and drove the ball so well. Hit the 2 clutch free throws as well.
Kudos to the coaching staff for the gameplan. Even though Clarke went off late (hitting ridiculously hard shots, well defended) we shut him down most of the game. Forced deep three point attempts and knocked Butler off their normal pace.
Dare I say hand that contract to Alan after this? Taking this team after losing 2 key players and coaching them up to beat a #11 team in the nation on the road in a building that is NOT easy to win in.
Love having the nucleus of Clark, Clayton, Ingram for another 3 years!
GO NINERS!!![/quote]

Henry was the MVP by far. He has always had a good stroke, it’s just now they are starting to fall

I give it to thorne. 1-1 from the field with a rebound. Can’t wait to see him next year. I expect big things from him in the years to come.

But seriously, Henry took over. Need him to play aggressive every game.

Did most of this with Freshmen and Sophmores.

Little disappointed that Benk could not get a good shot off
Against this team

I hope recruits that can shoot 3s watched this game. We win by 10+ with legit 3pt shooters. I’ll take Clarke. We could possibly be ranked with Clarke on our team.

clt says if the observer gave us decent coverage, we would be top 30 rpi.

Right ninermike?

[quote=“cltniners, post:75, topic:27497”]clt says if the observer gave us decent coverage, we would be top 30 rpi.

Right ninermike?[/quote]

Don’t criticize the O. I just looked at the article for this game and they went overboard and gave us FOUR SENTENCES.

Great win! I liked this matchup before the game as much as I hated the matchup with Miami before the game. TWill had some great passes that teammates couldn’t handle.

Great team win!

[quote=“49r9r, post:76, topic:27497”][quote=“cltniners, post:75, topic:27497”]clt says if the observer gave us decent coverage, we would be top 30 rpi.

Right ninermike?[/quote]

Don’t criticize the O. I just looked at the article for this game and they went overboard and gave us FOUR SENTENCES.[/quote]

It will be updated and expanded by tomorrow.

[quote=“49r9r, post:76, topic:27497”][quote=“cltniners, post:75, topic:27497”]clt says if the observer gave us decent coverage, we would be top 30 rpi.

Right ninermike?[/quote]

Don’t criticize the O. I just looked at the article for this game and they went overboard and gave us FOUR SENTENCES.[/quote]

The hard on you guys have for the Observer is pathetic. We are on the freaking front page of the entire website with the lead article right now. We win a huge game and you guys immediately want to bring the Observer into the discussion.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/100#navlink=navbar

[quote=“ninermike, post:79, topic:27497”][quote=“49r9r, post:76, topic:27497”][quote=“cltniners, post:75, topic:27497”]clt says if the observer gave us decent coverage, we would be top 30 rpi.

Right ninermike?[/quote]

The hard on you guys have for the Observer is pathetic. We are on the freaking front page of the entire website with the lead article right now. We win a huge game and you guys immediately want to bring the Observer into the discussion.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/100#navlink=navbar[/quote]

HOORRAAAYYYYY!!! Three sentences. They are making us happy for about an hour. Once Crapel Hill game is over that winner be front page no doubt. Observer dream. We put you guys on front page…