C-USA 3.0 Men's Hoops Commitments 2012-13

[size=1em][font=arial]EAST CAROLINA[/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=arial]Ty Armstrong PF 6-9/245 Melbourne FL/Auburn [/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=arial]Marshall Guilmette C/PF 6‐10 Kennesaw GA/Harrison[/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=arial]Yasin Kolo PF 6-10/252 Goettingen GER/Fayetteville (NC) Christian Academy[/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=arial]Akeem Richmond SG 6-1/185 Sanford NC/Rhode Island[/font][/size]
[size=1em][font=arial]Michael Zangari PF 6‐9 215 Lewisberry PA/Red Land[/font][/size]

[font=arial]FIU[/font]
[font=arial]Jerome Frink PF 6-7/190 Jersey City NJ/St. Anthony
Diamante Lewis SG 6-3/195 Ocala FL/Lake Weir
Tymell Murphy SF 6-5 Brooklyn/South Plains College (TX)
Malik Smith SG 6-2 Roxbury MA/Jacksonville College (TX)
Ivan Jurkovic C 7-0/265 Zagrab CRO/Lon Morris College (TX)
[/font]

[font=arial]LOUISIANA TECH
Alex Hamilton SF 6-3/170 Chipley FL/Chipley
Demetrius Moore PF 6-8 NW Florida State College[/font]

[font=arial][size=1em]MARSHALL
Kareem Canty PG 6‐1 175 Brooklyn/Westwind Prep Academy [AZ]
Tamron Manning SG 6‐4 180 Georgetown KY/Scott County
[/size][/font][font=arial][size=1em]Elijah Pittman PF 6‐8 220 Covington KY/Lamar State College [TX]
D.D. Scarver SG 6-4 180 Birmingham/Trinity College [TX]
Ryan Taylor SF 6-5 200 Indianapolis/Hargrave Academy [VA][/size][/font]
[font=arial]
NORTH TEXAS[/font]
[font=arial]Keith Coleman C 6-9/250 Philadelphia/Marshalltown CC (IA)[/font]
[font=arial]P.J. Hardwick PG 5-9/170 Houston/Christian Life Center Academy[/font]
[font=arial]John Odoh C 6-11/240 Hillsboro TX/Hill College (TX)[/font]
[font=arial]Clarke Overlander SG 6-4/205 Argyle TX/Argyle
[/font][font=arial]
OLD DOMINION[/font]
[font=arial]Akene Anachebe C 6-9 Fayetteville GA/Fayette County
Aaron Bacote SG 6-5/190 Hampton VA/Bethel
Deion Clark SG 6-3/175 Naples FL/Barron Collier
[/font][font=arial]Keenan Palmore PG 6-1 Stone Mountain GA/Paideia School (GA)
[/font]
[font=arial][size=1em]RICE
Max Guercy PG 5-9 170 Mission Hills CA/Alemany
Nizar Kapic SF 6‐6 200 Sankt Poelten AUT/Perkiomen School [PA]
[/size][/font][font=arial][size=1em]Austin Ramljak SG 6‐3 Thousand Oaks CA/Ventura College [CA]
Keith Washington PG 6‐1 Philadelphia/Frankford
Ross Wilson SF 6‐7 Gosford GBR/Queen Alexandra Sixth Form College[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=1em]SOUTHERN MISS
[/size][/font][font=arial][size=1em]Jerrold Brooks PG 5-11 Rochester NY/Casper CC (WY)
[/size]
[/font][font=arial]Davon Hayes Portsmouth VA/Mont Clare Academy (PA)
[/font]
[size=1em][font=arial]TULANE
Louis Dabney SG 6‐3 190 New Orleans/Riverside Academy
Marc Eddy Norelia PF 6‐7 215 Orlando/Olympia
RaAnthony Sanders SG 6-4 180 Holt AL/Holt

[/font][/size][font=arial][size=1em]TULSA
[/size][/font][size=1em][font=arial]Kauri Black PF 6-7 220 Rialto CA/Northeastern
Shaquille Harrison SG 6-3 175 Lee’s Summit MO/Lee’s Summit West
Zeldric King PF 6‐7 220 Dallas/Cedar Hill
Rashad Ray PG 5-11 165 New Orleans/O.P. Walker
[/font][/size][font=arial][size=1em]Pat Swilling SG 6-2 210 New Orleans/St. Joe’s/College of Southern Idaho
James Woodward SG 6‐4 170 Edmond OK/Memorial
D’Andre Wright PF 6‐9 215 Lawton OK/Eisenhower[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=1em]UAB
[/size][/font][font=arial][size=1em]Farho Alihodzic C-PF 6-10 240 Vlasenica BIH/Fordham/Southeastern CC [IA]
Jerome Harris PG 6‐3 180 Chicago/Olive Harvey College [IL]
Terence Jones SG 6-2 180 Baltimore/Texas A&M Corpus Christi
Rod Rucker SG 6-5 200 Niceville FL/NW Florida State College[/size]
[/font]

[font=arial][size=1em]UTEP
Twymond Howard F 6‐6 210 Pearl MS/Pearl[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=1em]McKenzie Moore SG 6-6/190 Pleasant Hill CA/CC of San Fransisco
Chris Washburn Jr. F 6‐8 240 Grand Prairie TX/South Grand Prairie
Dustin Watts G 6‐4 175 Seattle/Stone Ridge Prep (CA)
[/size][/font][font=arial][size=1em]Kenny Williams SF 6-6 190 St. Louis/Moberly Area College [MO]
Matt Willms C 7-1 210 Leamington ONT/Findlay Prep [NV][/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=1em]UT SAN ANTONIO[/size][/font]
[font=arial]Triton “Tank” Mayberry C 6-10/280 Corpus Christi TX/Navarro College (TX)
Edrico McGregor PF 6-8/240 Nassau BAH/North Idaho College
Lucas O’Brien C 6-10/220 Chandler AZ/Perry
Hyjii Thomas SG 6-3/175 Houston/Navarro College (TX)
[/font]

[font=arial][size=1em]ITALTICS = transfers who will be eligible this season
[/size][/font]

This is a work in progress, but hope to have completed by next week with additions of commits for FIU, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, ODU, and UT San Antonio.

Southern Miss, UAB and Tulsa sure do love their Juco’s/Transfer’s don’t they. Guess it makes sense seeing as they all have new coaches in place trying to fill some holes.

Out of that list, we have two players in the rivals top 150, both going to UTEP.

[size=1em][font=arial]EAST CAROLINA
Marshall Guilmette C/PF 6‐11, 230 Kennesaw, GA/Harrison
Michael Zangari PF 6‐10, 235 Lewisberry, PA/Red Land
Yasin Kolo, 6-10, 252 medical redshirt
[/font][/size][size=1em][font=arial]Ty Armstrong 6-9, 245 Auburn
[i] Akeem Richmond, 6-1, 185, Rhodes Island

That’s our list of new comers with updated heights and weights according to Lebo.
[/i][/font][/size]

This thread is a bad idea.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:4, topic:26809”][size=1em][font=arial]EAST CAROLINA
[i] Akeem Richmond, 6-1, 185, Rhodes Island

That’s our list of new comers with updated heights and weights according to Lebo.
[/i][/font][/size][/quote]

This are his listings? What do ya know…each of his recruits grew an inch…not that he would have any motive to make them seem even bigger or anything.

Listed heights are such a joke.

As in everyone, you mean the two 17 year old high school seniors. The other 3 have been in college and measured. I certainly don’t think it’s unbelievable that a couple high school big men grew and inch and put on 15 or 20 lbs their senior year.

I saw video of Guilmette in the playoff’s and he doesn’t look 210 lbs like he’s listed on all the recruiting services, and every article I’ve seen about Zangari since we’ve signed him list him at 6-10. If he is 235 he’ll be ready next year to contribute because he’s highly skilled. Averaged 22 points as a senior shooting high percentages from the field and three point line.

Good article on Marshall’s incoming class

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x1198919474/Experts-laud-Herd-recruits

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:8, topic:26809”]As in everyone, you mean the two 17 year old high school seniors. The other 3 have been in college and measured. I certainly don’t think it’s unbelievable that a couple high school big men grew and inch and put on 15 or 20 lbs their senior year.

I saw video of Guilmette in the playoff’s and he doesn’t look 210 lbs like he’s listed on all the recruiting services, and every article I’ve seen about Zangari since we’ve signed him list him at 6-10. If he is 235 he’ll be ready next year to contribute because he’s highly skilled. Averaged 22 points as a senior shooting high percentages from the field and three point line.[/quote]Almost every player going to a DI school averages a lot of points and high shooting percentages in HS, that’s why they’re going to be playing DI basketball.

Big men are a crap shoot outside the top few. The college game is so much more physical. When you are damn near 7 feet tall in high school, you SHOULD score a lot even if you really aren’t that great. The enormity of the player makes up for the lack of skills at that level. That advantage is gone at the collegiate level.

Both of your freshmen big men will likely contribute little this year and I bet one of them gets redshirted. That’s just the reality of big men. Very very few contribute as freshmen, even some top 100 level guys.

I expect Akeem Richmond to be an impact player for ECU immediately, but the other guys will probably take some time.

Key word “should”. Look up Thorne or the other big guys high school stats on your team. Most big guys that come to our level really aren’t polished or really productive offensively in high school.

Zangari averaged 22ppg as a senior and his coach said he shot close to 40% from three and led the team in rebounds and assist as well and that he though he could play SF in D1. I don’t have the exact senior numbers but he averaged 19ppg 10rpg shooting 63% from the field and 36% from 3 pointers as a junior. If he is 235, he sounds pretty ready to help to me.

Both of your freshmen big men will likely contribute little this year and I bet one of them gets redshirted. That's just the reality of big men. Very very few contribute as freshmen, even some top 100 level guys.

Kolo averaged 16 and 10 playing vs semi professionals in Germany and hit some 3’s as well. Several of his teamates were former low level college players in their mid 20’s. Not bad for a 17 year old.

Of the 3 freshman big men, Guilmette is the project and likely redshirts out of the 3 from what I hear. The other two I could see contributing.

Key word “should”. Look up Thorne or the other big guys high school stats on your team. Most big guys that come to our level really aren’t polished or really productive offensively in high school.

Zangari averaged 22ppg as a senior and his coach said he shot close to 40% from three and led the team in rebounds and assist as well and that he though he could play SF in D1. I don’t have the exact senior numbers but he averaged 19ppg 10rpg shooting 63% from the field and 36% from 3 pointers as a junior. If he is 235, he sounds pretty ready to help to me.

Both of your freshmen big men will likely contribute little this year and I bet one of them gets redshirted. That's just the reality of big men. Very very few contribute as freshmen, even some top 100 level guys.

Kolo averaged 16 and 10 playing vs semi professionals in Germany and hit some 3’s as well. Several of his teamates were former low level college players in their mid 20’s. Not bad for a 17 year old.

Of the 3 freshman big men, Guilmette is the project and likely redshirts out of the 3 from what I hear. The other two I could see contributing.[/quote]International ball is a very different kind of game. Gokhan Sirin was pretty good as a semi professional team in Europe as well.

Phil Jones did very well playing FIBA ball when he played for the Virgin Islands. He was a decent player for us, but his numbers here were never anything like what he put up when he played for the VI team.

Now that we’re in a conference with you, I wish your team the best of luck except when we’re playing, but I just don’t look at your recruits and see immediate impact players.

To be fair, I didn’t expect Nickerson to be an impact player as a freshman either and he wasn’t. I also don’t expect most of our incoming freshmen to be impact players. I think Willie Clayton will probably be our biggest contributor with the others only logging a few ppg.

Kolo averaged 22 and 10 in prep school here as well. I’m just pointing out those 2 don’t sound like typical 6-10+ CUSA projects most of us get. I know we don’t regularly sign 6-10, 230+lb guys that average 20+ ppg on any level.

I’d generally agree with you on freshman, especially bigs taking a few years to help but they sound strong and polished enough to me to help us some next year assuming Zangari is close to a legit 235. That’s the number I’m more focused on in the updated listings than the extra inch. Strenght is usually the issue with most post players, that or general lack of skill.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:13, topic:26809”]Kolo averaged 22 and 10 in prep school here as well. I’m just pointing out those 2 don’t sound like typical 6-10+ CUSA projects most of us get. I know we don’t regularly sign 6-10 guys that average 20+ ppg on any level.

I’d generally agree with you on freshman, especially bigs taking a few years to help but they sound strong and polished enough to me to help us some next year assuming Zangari is close to a legit 235. That’s the number I’m more focused on in the updated listings than the extra inch.[/quote]Thickness definitely matters in the post. If there is some heft to the player, you can at least maybe count on rebounding if nothing else.

If our new guys in the post collectively just give us 8-10 ppg and rebounds, I’ll be fairly happy.

I thought if a freshman redshirted they sucked, which you’ve alluded to with Thorne. Mmmhmmph.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:4, topic:26809”][size=1em][font=arial]EAST CAROLINA
[i] Akeem Richmond, 6-1, 185, Rhode Island

[/i][/font][/size][/quote]SJ, thanks! I was going by a list put out by C-USA back in April right after the spring signing period, plus checking against ESPN, Rivals, etc.

Nobody knows that better than Niner fans as pertains to a certain Mr. Iti from the Land Down Under. We listed him as a 7-footer, then the NBA measured him at 6-8!

Nobody knows that better than Niner fans as pertains to a certain Mr. Iti from the Land Down Under. We listed him as a 7-footer, then the NBA measured him at 6-8![/quote]

And then the rim said not in my house.

List has been updated to include FIU, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, ODU, and UT San Antonio.

Updated Roadrunners list per announcement of spring signings to go along with lone fall signee Lucas O’Brien.

Gousta.com: Thompson announces spring signing class on Wednesday

Of course, nothing in the official announcement about the players kicked off the team, etc., to make room for new guys!

Mysanantonio.com: Major face lift for UTSA hoops