C-USA 3.0 Men's Hoops Commitments 2012-13

Updated Southern Miss per this announcement from Hattiesburg. (As noted in another thread, Golden Eagles lose 2nd leading scorer LaShay Page of Dillon, SC to transfer.)

Southermiss.com: Men’s Hoops Signs Four for 2012-13

BTW, one Coach Tyndall’s signees is former Temple G Aaron Brown, who will sit out 2012-13 and be eligible the following season (thus the reason he’s not on this list).

Wonder if Page is trying to get closer to home in Dillon, SC. Had some good stats and we are close to home.

Sounds like Page will probably end up at South Carolina.

[quote=“2k, post:23, topic:26809”]Sounds like Page will probably end up at South Carolina.[/quote]Hope it works out for him to get that close to home. I had wondered if Coach Tyndall’s list might be non-BCS schools only such as Winthrop, Coastal, SC State, UNCW, Campbell, etc. Good to know the Gamecocks are on there.

Thorne averaged 10ppg and 6rpg his senior year, that’s why I think he has project written all over him. The redshirting just more or less confirmed that.

Kolo was a medical redshirt. He had plantar fasciitis and didn’t start practicing again until recently. He would have certainly played and helped us last year after Steed became ineligible. What injury did Throne have again? It was pretty clear he wasn’t going to play much anyway last year but Major playing him 3 minutes in the 3rd game and then saying he would redshirt him has to be one of the most boneheaded moves I’ve seen. Hopefully for the kids sake he gets a doctor to sign off on whatever injury they make up and the NCAA approves it so doesn’t cost him a year for 3 minutes of stupidity.

Dude. Give it up.

So what you just stated is Thorne and Kolo have accomplished the same thing through one year of college. Nice.

IDK did Thorne actually get a medical redshirt, and if so what was the injury? I never saw it documented in the media. I know for a fact Kolo’s injury was real and Tim Craft was on the radio 2 weeks ago and said had just started working out on the court again.

I read your coaches quotes on Thorne and it sounded more like he played him then regretted it immediatly and started searching for a way to redshirt him. Pretty boneheaded to play him 3 minutes in a blowout and risk a kids year. I’d think the NCAA will look hard at his case. So what was the injury again?

Here are two articles that both mention Thorne as a redshirt freshman this coming season. At the bottom.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/24/1173426?sac=fo.sports

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/06/11/3310105/former-hokie-brings-49ers-help.html

IDK did Thorne actually get a medical redshirt, and if so what was the injury? I never saw it documented in the media. I know for a fact Kolo’s injury was real and Tim Craft was on the radio 2 weeks ago and said had just started working out on the court again.

I read your coaches quotes on Thorne and it sounded more like he played him then regretted it immediatly and started searching for a way to redshirt him. Pretty boneheaded to play him 3 minutes in a blowout and risk a kids year. I’d think the NCAA will look hard at his case. So what was the injury again?[/quote]

You don’t really follow college basketball.

I’ll be nice and hash it out for you. His injury is whatever the team physician reported it as being. The proof is whatever the team physician found on the physical exam. The credibility is the 4 years of medical school 5 years of residency, 1 or 2 year fellowship and whatever fully licensed practice that came after that.

When you question the legitimacy of an injury, my first question is going to be: What medical school did you graduate from and the second: When did you perform a physical exam on Thorne?

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:29, topic:26809”]Here are two articles that both mention Thorne as a redshirt freshman this coming season. At the bottom.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/24/1173426?sac=fo.sports

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/06/11/3310105/former-hokie-brings-49ers-help.html[/quote]

Major played him for 3 minutes last year in a blowout for some reason. I’m pretty sure under the NCAA rules if you play at all, even for a minute you can not take a traditional redshirt. He would likely have to apply for a medical redshirt and have a doctor sign off on his injury saying it kept him from participating.

John Thompson did something similar here in football when he played Patrick Pinkney in a JV game one year then tried to get a medical redshirt for him after the fact. It almost cost him Pinkney a season and he even eventually went on and had surgery later that year. The NCAA didn’t approve his medical redshirt until later that summer. He had a real injury too though and multiple documented surgerys, and the NCAA granted him that an eventual 6th year. It was still pretty hairy for a while if he would get that medical redshirt.

[quote=“NLP, post:30, topic:26809”]. His injury is whatever the team physician reported it as being. The proof is whatever the team physician found on the physical exam. The credibility is the 4 years of medical school 5 years of residency, 1 or 2 year fellowship and whatever fully licensed practice that came after that.

When you question the legitimacy of an injury, my first question is going to be: What medical school did you graduate from and the second: When did you perform a physical exam on Thorne?[/quote]

No, I question your coaches vague comments surrounding trying to get him a redshirt after he had played that I saw posted on your board. If he wasn’t so stupid to play him 3 minutes in a blowout loss it wouldn’t have been an issue or something he was “trying” to get. He would have known he had it. The way it read it sounded sketchy at best and a couple of your posters questioned it as well. The NCAA might want to look into that mystery debilitating injury that sidelines a player who’s redshirt he had burned.

[quote=“Niner National, post:14, topic:26809”]Thickness definitely matters in the post. If there is some heft to the player, you can at least maybe count on rebounding if nothing else.

If our new guys in the post collectively just give us 8-10 ppg and rebounds, I’ll be fairly happy.[/quote]

Pretty clear Zangari has been hitting those weights in the photo. He was listed as 6-10 in every article written about him his Sr year and the 235 Lebo said he was looks legit.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:33, topic:26809”][quote=“Niner National, post:14, topic:26809”]Thickness definitely matters in the post. If there is some heft to the player, you can at least maybe count on rebounding if nothing else.

If our new guys in the post collectively just give us 8-10 ppg and rebounds, I’ll be fairly happy.[/quote]

Pretty clear Zangari has been hitting those weights in the photo. He was listed as 6-10 in every article written about him his Sr year and the 235 Lebo said he was looks legit.[/quote]

Now if he only had a coach that knew how to win…

Has Major brought in a guy that is 6-10 and can do this…

…as well as make 36% of his three’s? Heck he hasn’t even brought in a shooting guard that can shoot like this guy.

Has Lebo won an NCAA game? Has ECU ever won an NCAA game?

As a side note you are showing a center dunking - WOW That is amazing, I am sure ECU is the only college program with a center that can dunk.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:36, topic:26809”]Has Lebo won an NCAA game? Has ECU ever won an NCAA game?[/quote] When was the last time ECU even had a chance to win one? Or even NIT? Given the resources ECU has and the conferences they’ve been in, I believe they are the worst-run program in D1 basketball history. Now why should we care about some stiff who is going to play for the worst program in history barely dunking a ball over some other stiff?

I don’t think every program has 6-10, 235 lb guys with athletic ability that also have a polished offensive game and 3 point range.

"Zangari, who also averaged several blocks per contest, shot more than 63 percent from the floor and nearly 36 percent from beyond the 3-point arc." …Pennlive.com

I don’t think every program has 6-10, 235 lb guys with athletic ability that also have a polished offensive game and 3 point range.

"Zangari, who also averaged several blocks per contest, shot more than 63 percent from the floor and nearly 36 percent from beyond the 3-point arc." …Pennlive.com[/quote]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Typical SJ drivel…

Someone should tell Braswell that ECU has found the guy that is going to drop 30 and 20 on him in this years game. Just so Bras can practice and get ready for this guy, who is an absolute monster that was featured on a high school team with a losing record.