C-USA 3.0 Men's Hoops Commitments 2012-13

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:32, topic:26809”][quote=“NLP, post:30, topic:26809”]. His injury is whatever the team physician reported it as being. The proof is whatever the team physician found on the physical exam. The credibility is the 4 years of medical school 5 years of residency, 1 or 2 year fellowship and whatever fully licensed practice that came after that.

When you question the legitimacy of an injury, my first question is going to be: What medical school did you graduate from and the second: When did you perform a physical exam on Thorne?[/quote]

No, I question your coaches vague comments surrounding trying to get him a redshirt after he had played that I saw posted on your board. If he wasn’t so stupid to play him 3 minutes in a blowout loss it wouldn’t have been an issue or something he was “trying” to get. He would have known he had it. The way it read it sounded sketchy at best and a couple of your posters questioned it as well. The NCAA might want to look into that mystery debilitating injury that sidelines a player who’s redshirt he had burned.[/quote]

Dude, this happens ALL THE TIME. All they have to say is he had tendinitis or something very vague. I’ll bet there are more than 100 cases of this type of thing going on right now.

However, I do agree that playing the dude at all was a stupid thing to do. Couldn’t have you had an inkling of what you were going to do in the 4 months ahead of time before you played him?

Lebo isn’t going to get better players than he could’ve at any other stop before ECU. He has never made it to the NCAAs. Why is that going to change now?

And seriously, you’re going to post a .gif of a 6’10" dude dunking and we’re supposed to be impressed?

[quote=“J Felt, post:42, topic:26809”]Lebo isn’t going to get better players than he could’ve at any other stop before ECU. He has never made it to the NCAAs. Why is that going to change now?

And seriously, you’re going to post a .gif of a 6’10" dude dunking and we’re supposed to be impressed?[/quote]

I’m more impressed that he made it himself.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:32, topic:26809”][quote=“NLP, post:30, topic:26809”]. His injury is whatever the team physician reported it as being. The proof is whatever the team physician found on the physical exam. The credibility is the 4 years of medical school 5 years of residency, 1 or 2 year fellowship and whatever fully licensed practice that came after that.

When you question the legitimacy of an injury, my first question is going to be: What medical school did you graduate from and the second: When did you perform a physical exam on Thorne?[/quote]

No, I question your coaches vague comments surrounding trying to get him a redshirt after he had played that I saw posted on your board. If he wasn’t so stupid to play him 3 minutes in a blowout loss it wouldn’t have been an issue or something he was “trying” to get. He would have known he had it. The way it read it sounded sketchy at best and a couple of your posters questioned it as well. The NCAA might want to look into that mystery debilitating injury that sidelines a player who’s redshirt he had burned.[/quote]

They looked into it. His redshirt was approved.

"Zangari averaged 18.7 points and nearly eight rebounds per game last season as Scott Slayton’s Patriots (22-7) advanced to the PIAA Class AAAA quarterfinals "

That’s from his junior year when he was also the leading scorer on a very good team and playing PF along side a senior seven footer that went to LaSalle. He’ll likely eventually be a big stretch PF here with two other bigs in his class.

Lester 14.8ppg on 36% FG’s, 23% 3’s, 57% FT’s for a 12-11 team. That’s the guy you people told me we didn’t sign a guy the caliber of… Absolute Monster.

Tired act is tired.

Go hype your recruits to ECU fans, oh wait, they’re tired of your shtick too.

High school stats. <3

Ironic considering your studs averaging 10 or 11ppg in high school shooting horrible percentages I’ve seen hyped here. At least most of the guys we are bringing in actually averaged 20+ppg as seniors high school. That’s more tangible than a recruiting ranking from their Junior year in high school.

Defense matters too. You never mention that.

You know whats even more tangible than high school senior stats? Actual wins and losses. How is that working out for ECU?

I’ll answer that for you. They got worse in year two of Lebo.

How that happens for a coach turning things around I don’t know. I guess he’s turning them around the same way the previous coach was apparently turning them around according to SJ.

With all the hype for these incoming guys, I expect them to be almost as good as PRC, who SJ hyped while trashing EVN.

EVN had better stats than PRC and played much better defense.

"Zangari averaged 18.7 points and nearly eight rebounds per game last season as Scott Slayton’s Patriots (22-7) advanced to the PIAA Class AAAA quarterfinals "

That’s from his junior year when he was also the leading scorer on a very good team and playing PF along side a senior seven footer that went to LaSalle. He’ll likely eventually be a big stretch PF here with two other bigs in his class.

Lester 14.8ppg on 36% FG’s, 23% 3’s, 57% FT’s for a 12-11 team. That’s the guy you people told me we didn’t sign a guy the caliber of… Absolute Monster.[/quote]

Oh, wait! He played on a team with a winning record in his junior year of high school, while playing alongside a 7 foot D1 recruit? That is absolutely astonishing! Hear that, Bras??! Keep working, big fella, this freshman is LEGIT :stuck_out_tongue:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I remember when Jerrell Lewis scored 20+ ppg in HS.

Did he even score 20 points while playing here?

I was unaware these Three 6-10 freshman, Akeem Richmond, or the 6-9 Auburn transfer had been on the court for us. We were talking about the future which is why the thread is entitled 2012-13. There are knowledgeable people that believe with the addition of this class to the players Lebo brought in last year that we’ll make the NCAA’s this year.

Player Efficiency Rating
10.0 PRC
6.3 Nickerson

PER includes every statistic there is including defensive stats like steals and blocks to turnovers. It’s no coincidence Michael Jordan is all time career leader in the NBA or that Lebron is 1st and the best player in the world now, or Anthony Davis had the highest PER in college last year.

I told you before PER doesn’t measure on the ball defense. You know, the shit Braswell played on Morrow to keep him to 0 points. PER doesn’t mean dick to people who watch basketball on both ends of the court.

That’s where you are wrong. Player Efficiency Rating includes defensive stats like blocks and steals which are a result of on the ball defense and which PRC was equally as good as Nickerson at last year and one of our best defensive players and protectors of the ball as well. You said he had “better stats”, and that’s not true. PER incompases every stat there is and he was much higher.

Why the heck do you think Anthony Davis had the highest PER in the nation last year? It was his blocks, it sure wasn’t the 14ppg he averaged on the offensive side which every team has a guy or two getting that.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:56, topic:26809”]That’s where you are wrong. Player Efficiency Rating includes defensive stats like blocks and steals which are a result of on the ball defense and which PRC was equally as good as Nickerson at last year and one of our best defensive players and protectors of the ball as well. You said he had “better stats”, and that’s not true. PER incompases every stat there is and he was much higher.

Why the heck do you think Anthony Davis had the highest PER in the nation last year? It was his blocks, it sure wasn’t the 14ppg he averaged on the offensive side which every team has a guy or two getting that.[/quote] Stats are for losers. I forget right now ; who won our game last year?

SJ, explain Bruce Bowen’s PER then unless you think PRC is Anthony Davis. :slight_smile:

See that’s whats frustrating about you. You are always talking about the future. And to a degree I understand since your present is always so damn shitty. But it’s still annoying none the less. Your freshman are always your saviors. Until they play that is. Then its just a s*** ton of losing and you shut up until off season. Rinse and repeat.

Just so I’m clear, what are your expectations for this year? I mean, some blogger says you guys should make a run for the NCAA’s so I would expect top 3-4 in CUSA and no worse than an NIT bid right? What kind of record would disappoint you? Please do not count D2 games like legit programs kthx.

See that’s whats frustrating about you. You are always talking about the future. And to a degree I understand since your present is always so damn shitty. But it’s still annoying none the less. Your freshman are always your saviors. Until they play that is. Then its just a s*** ton of losing and you shut up until off season. Rinse and repeat.

Just so I’m clear, what are your expectations for this year? I mean, some blogger says you guys should make a run for the NCAA’s so I would expect top 3-4 in CUSA and no worse than an NIT bid right? What kind of record would disappoint you? Please do not count D2 games like legit programs kthx.[/quote]

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I for one hope ECU improves greatly, the more talent in CUSA when we arrive the better. But come on man, ECU basketball is and always has been horrible. When was the last time you even made it to the NIT?
And before you go talking about our struggles, we know we have been crap for the best couple of years so don’t even bother.
Until you actually start performing on the court, you word means shit here.