C-USA Football - Week 1

I can’t wait to be a part of this next year!! Looking forward to catching as many games on TV as possible.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082514aab.html

FRIDAY, AUGUST 29
Bowling Green at WKU (CBSSN) 6:30p
UTSA at Houston (ESPN U) 8:00p

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30
Troy at UAB (FCS) 11:00a
Florida Atlantic at (22) Nebraska (BTN) 2:30p
Marshall at Miami (Ohio) (ESPN 3) 2:30p
Hampton at Old Dominion (ASN) 2:30p
Rice at (17) Notre Dame (NBC) 2:30p
Bethune-Cookman at FIU (ASN) 6:00p
LA Tech at (3) Oklahoma (PPV Okla.) 6:00p
Savannah State at Middle Tennessee 6:00p
Southern Miss at Miss. St. (SEC Network) 6:30p
North Texas at (24) Texas (LHN) 7:00p
UTEP at New Mexico 7:00p

***All Times Central

WKU over BG, UTSA over Houston, and UAB over Troy would be a good opening weekend for CUSA and get us off to a great start relative to other G5 conferences.

Several opportunities for big wins too, but I don’t see the conference winning any games against P5 schools in week 1. Rice probably has the best chance with 4 of ND’s starters suspended.

Anyone figure out if they get any of the ASN games? It doesn’t look like the Charlotte stations will pick up any of these games this weekend.

I have some wierd Access media 3/dish network bit not dish network tv service at my apartment. I can’t see what will be on ahead of time but ill see what happens Saturday

Really hope UTSA is able to get Houston. That’s a big game for the perception of the conference. I can’t wait either, there’s some good teams in CUSA.

C-USA has a great opportunity to go 8-5 this starting weekend. I think the biggest game for conference perception is UTSA vs Houston.

I think Southern Miss over Miss State will be pretty big too. I’ll also throw in Marshall over Miami (OH) as a perception stabilizer.

Here are the affiliates picking up the ASN broadcast of the ODU game. Nothing in Charlotte, but the Triad and the Triangle will get this game. That makes me hopeful that our games on ASN will be broadcast in these areas.

http://odualumni.org/eblasts/Football2014/TVClearances-Hampton.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=31100

North Carolina Greensboro-H.Point-W.Salem WMYV MyTV
North Carolina Raleigh-Durham (Fayetvlle) WRCD MyTV

Other games of interest that we can watch this weekend will be:

NCCU at ECU on Saturday at 8:00 on ESPN News
Elon at Duke 6:00 on ESPN3
JMU at Maryland 3:30 Big Ten Network

http://www.conferenceusa.com/genrel/082714aaa.html

WKU took care of Bowling Green pretty easily.

UTSA is ruining Houston’s opening of their new stadium. They are leading 24-0, getting ready to go to the 4th.

I believe Bowling Green was favored to win the MAC. WKU’s quarterback had 569 passing yards and 6 Touchdowns. After that showing, WKU may be a dark horse this year in C-USA.

Very happy about UTSA in Houston. Their defense is very impressive.

We got a loooooooong way to go, lol. That first year in CUSA is going to hurt.

To be the man, you’ve got to beat the man 8). Tonight has been very enjoyable, WKU and UTSA both looked fantastic against quality opponents, and I think both (even though UTSA is senior heavy this year) can be strong for years to come.

Now…if Rice or North Texas can pull it off tomorrow, well even if they don’t it’s a great start to the year for CUSA, but if they do then this conference is living up to its potential much more quickly than I could have hoped :).

I can’t wait till we’re a part of this! :smiley:

CUSA picked up wins against the favorite in the MAC and one of the favorites in the AAC. UH might have been the AAC favorite, not sure.

UTSA, LOOKED GOOD LAST NIGHT, THEIR DEFENSIVE REALLY GOT AFTER IT. I THINK THEY FORCE SIX TURNOVER LAST NIGHT. THEY LOOKED SOLID AGAINST HOUSTON. GREAT START FOR CONFERENCE USA.

[quote=“chris49ers123, post:16, topic:28971”]UTSA, LOOKED GOOD LAST NIGHT, THEIR DEFENSIVE REALLY GOT AFTER IT. I THINK THEY FORCE SIX TURNOVER LAST NIGHT. THEY LOOKED SOLID AGAINST HOUSTON. GREAT START FOR CONFERENCE USA.[/quote]yep.

WKU’s win was big too. While Bowling Green isn’t as well known (or as good) as Houston, they were the favorite to win the MAC. The more wins we can pile up against other G5 conferences, the better it is for payouts at the end of the year (although I don’t think we benefit from that yet).

The Sun Belt is whippin the ACC.

Great game by UAB, looks like they may have their coach.

LOL at the App fans that though it was going to happen again. At least the got a cool million off the game.

That was a very nice win for UAB, to obliterate Troy is impressive. They’re normally a decent team.