Cameron Blakley 2013 PF - Signed LOI to Charlotte

Cameron Blakley 2013 PF 6’9" 225lbs

ESPN: 79 rated 3 star (almost four given the new system)

Blakely is a big body post the is strong and physical. He runs well for his size and has pretty good low post footwork especially when he shoots his jump hook over the his left shoulder. He width, length and desire allow him to be an excellent area rebounder

No idea how legit our interest is or not, but he just showed up on our team site on ESPN. He would be a great add.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:1, topic:27008”]Cameron Blakely 2013 PF 6’9" 225lbs

ESPN: 79 rated 3 star (almost four given the new system)

Blakely is a big body post the is strong and physical. He runs well for his size and has pretty good low post footwork especially when he shoots his jump hook over the his left shoulder. He width, length and desire allow him to be an excellent area rebounder

No idea how legit our interest is or not, but he just showed up on our team site on ESPN. He would be a great add.[/quote]
The interest from us is serious. If I’m not mistaken, our whole staff has visited him multiple times down in GA. He would be a great land. If we get this kid, I will feel, much much better about our recruiting going into CUSA. Honest is right, this kid is one rating point away from being a 4 star recruit. He’s a bigtime talent.

Sounds like a possible replacement for Braz…we will need him.

can anybody with inside info give me an update on guys like atewe and jordan robinson. i know we are/were after these guys hard. are they still in the picture?

Atewe told me he would be visiting Charlotte at some point, I can check in on the status of that. His decision/announcement will until later in November, after the early signing period has ended. He’s waiting to announce them on his Mother’s birthday, she’s passed away.

I have not heard anything lately about Jordan Robinson, not saying we aren’t involved. We just haven’t been mentioned with him lately.

[quote=“2k, post:5, topic:27008”]Atewe told me he would be visiting Charlotte at some point, I can check in on the status of that. His decision/announcement will until later in November, after the early signing period has ended. He’s waiting to announce them on his Mother’s birthday, she’s passed away.

I have not heard anything lately about Jordan Robinson, not saying we aren’t involved. We just haven’t been mentioned with him lately.[/quote]

Any insight into Cameron Blakely?

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:6, topic:27008”][quote=“2k, post:5, topic:27008”]Atewe told me he would be visiting Charlotte at some point, I can check in on the status of that. His decision/announcement will until later in November, after the early signing period has ended. He’s waiting to announce them on his Mother’s birthday, she’s passed away.

I have not heard anything lately about Jordan Robinson, not saying we aren’t involved. We just haven’t been mentioned with him lately.[/quote]

Any insight into Cameron Blakely?[/quote]Nothing additional to add what Chisox said. Blakely sounds very intriguing, would be nice to grab him and Atewe.

Getting Atewe and Blakely would be awesome. They are around the same size, but are different types of players. Atewe is more of a power-driven close to the basket scorer and imposing defensive presence, while Blakely is more of an outside-in big with perimiter skills.

And keep in mind Lester has basically become a part of the 2013 class. Lester plus these two would be great.

Spoke to a few people in the know. Apparently we a re going after Blakely very aggressively. Blakely has even expressed a desire to take an official visit, although I could not get any details.

2K, have you heard any updates on this kid?

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:10, topic:27008”]2K, have you heard any updates on this kid?[/quote]Don’t think we’re after him any longer.

Shoot. Really wanted to land this kid.

Any new info on Blakely? ESPN says there is interest.

I’ll see what I can find out here.

Though i’ve been pretty vocal about my doubts about Major,i’ve always given him high marks for recruiting.I am now OFFICIALLY concerned about our 2013 “recruit” class.I am not renewing seats until I see what’s going down.

Thanks for sharing your promise to throw a temper tantrum until you are pleased with Major’s recruiting this off-season.

Yeah forget the fact that we won 20 plus games last season.

Just researching Blakely last night, had an offer from Oklahoma last Summer (not sure it’s still on the table). UConn was recruiting him in January, not sure their level of interest currently.

highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X65-IkN2E8

Where in Georgia?