Cameron Blakley 2013 PF - Signed LOI to Charlotte

I like this kid. He looks to have a much better outside shooting and ball-handling skills compared to our current new big men, and while he’s playing against much smaller competition, he seems to not mind inside physical play. Nice balance.

Is there a chance he’s coming here? Seems like a longshot if we weren’t in touch with him for a while, and I can never tell what it really means when a school name pops up on some of those recruiting websites. Kind of like Uchebo, getting interested in the guy is fine if Charlotte has some kind of chance with him, but otherwise not sure it’s worth discussing him so much.

It’s hard to tell. So many names pop up here that it’s best to just wait until someone verbals/commits to really start paying attention.

RT @CoachSamAllen: One of GA’s best available talents left, 6’7 Forward Cameron Blakley will be on official visit to Charlotte tmrw @camblakley32

I feel good about this, but has he shrunk a couple of inches? Who is Coach Sam Allen?

Good news…hope the kid likes playing time.

I feel good about this, but has he shrunk a couple of inches? Who is Coach Sam Allen?[/quote] Blue Collar Basketball Owner & Coach, Recruiting Service - GA HS Hoops, Individual, Small Group & Team Training, College Consulting w/ Athletes & Families
Atlanta, GA · http://www.bcbball.com

I feel good about this, but has he shrunk a couple of inches? Who is Coach Sam Allen?[/quote]Hard to know just how big guys are from recruiting services. Not uncommon for them to be listed a couple inches taller than they actually are. I’m more willing to believe what a coach says.

He looks more like 6’7 6’8 from the vid I saw. Can shoot the 3 though. Quick put back. I like him.

We sure need some shooters, but if all of a sudden Henry is the smallest guy on the floor for us we are going to be a nightmare match up for everyone in C-USA.

Would be a huge get for us at any point, but especially this late. Hope he loves his time here and pairs up with Clayton next year. Looks like a player.

That being said, a lot of times a guy of his caliber is still available at this time because teams have backed off due to grades. Have no idea if that is an issue here, but really hope not!

We expect players ranking to drop when they sign with us. If he’s losing hieght he must really be serious about coming here.

He is almost like a 3 that plays down low because he is the tallest on the team.

Doesn’t hurt he never misses! That would be a huge get for us. I’d like to see how he develops over four years.

Anyone know his 3pt%?

I hope he joins the family and gets loads of playing time.

Heh Heh…you said “loads”

Heh Heh

He looks like what you would get if you crossed Clayton and EVN (with a quicker outside shot). He’d have the ability to matchup with a smaller wing player and take him inside. Nice!

Not that it makes a huge difference, but I think his last name is spelled “Blakley.” I think most places have his name spelled incorrectly, not sure why. Can anyone confirm if this is his twitter?

[quote=“BadDog, post:38, topic:27008”]Not that it makes a huge difference, but I think his last name is spelled “Blakley.” I think most places have his name spelled incorrectly, not sure why. Can anyone confirm if this is his twitter?[/quote]That is indeed his twitter, I’ll update the thread.

Would love to hear scoop why he is uncommitted. There’s a flag somewhere. A close to 4 star guy who has yet to commit in fall or spring period.